The King of Hate Forums
Aceman

Emergency video discussion

I'm sorry your in this situation but here is my solution whether you agree or not. 

- Cut Amazon Prime/Video , WWE Network , Hulu and Netflix. Til things get better for you because you can always re-add these services back. Hell , I just have youtube and Crackle which are free services to stream (a lot of shows etc are on youtube and Crackle has a nice bit of shows/movies you can watch) . Yes it sucks not having Netflix but currently I am waiting til I can budget that in later , perhaps in 2018. But WWE Network was decent but is sending out surveys to folks to possibly go up in price and add outside content. Maybe I'll get it back later once they do this.

-  Get the cheapest cable package Comcast will give you and keep your internet as you posted , you need it more. But the streaming sites ...they can be put off for now. This way you can lower your cable and go to the cheapest deal they have. 

-  Look at what bills your currently paying , look at your money that is going out for car lease , food etc. See which things you can do to tweak those. Go for more cheaper microwave meals during the day. Try and go to a used car and get outta the car lease if possible. Get one paid off and that will save you there. 

-   I have suggested this before and I know its old news , but you may have to try and get something work wise for 3-4 days outta the week and stream the hours your off and days as well. This way you can bring something more in each week (even if its not a lot) but its something. It can help your situation a lot. And its only til your situation improves and then you can leave that. 

Hopefully things work out for you Phil. These are my suggestions and only that. 

• Upvote 1

There is one thing I don't understand though. He's in risk of losing his house but he's able to sell it? Who would buy a house that won't exist in the near future. Or am I not understanding things correctly?

15 minutes ago, Nich2440 said:

There is one thing I don't understand though. He's in risk of losing his house but he's able to sell it? Who would buy a house that won't exist in the near future. Or am I not understanding things correctly?

Well, if it really is something like the house won't exist on the property because of some circumstances like different property development or large scale construction project, you often need to buy out/give a pay out to the residents who are there. It is generally what happens when a lot of people are forced to move due to some large project. Think of a big construction project in a city where someone wants to expand, the person who wants to expand might buy out the lease of surrounding people to take their space over.

Of course, the risk of losing it could be from something else completely. Could be a financial situation that is resolved through a lot of money and the best means of getting that money quick enough is to sell the house off since it has a lot of equity for him.

18 minutes ago, Nich2440 said:

Maybe he will make a quick sale before the bank comes a knocking.

5 minutes ago, Another_Derich said:

Well, if it really is something like the house won't exist on the property because of some circumstances like different property development or large scale construction project, you often need to buy out/give a pay out to the residents who are there. It is generally what happens when a lot of people are forced to move due to some large project. Think of a big construction project in a city where someone wants to expand, the person who wants to expand might buy out the lease of surrounding people to take their space over.

Very true that's why I moved myself recently.

29 minutes ago, Another_Derich said:

Of course, the risk of losing it could be from something else completely. Could be a financial situation that is resolved through a lot of money and the best means of getting that money quick enough is to sell the house off since it has a lot of equity for him.

Hey that's a thought there. We never assumed eminent domain to be a possibility.  I think it would be strange that sort of thing still goes on in this day and age but you never know. Though I don't see why he should keep it a secret. The fact that Phil thinks people can spin this situation in a bad way is what makes us lean towards a more negative outlook.

4 hours ago, ragoslice said:

We never assumed eminent domain to be a possibility.

I thought about this but I don't think it fits. First, I'd think Eminent Domain is pretty rare these days, though I could be wrong.

He also acted as if he wasn't sure he could talk about it. I don't know much about ED but what I have read there isn't anything about it that would require you to be quiet about it.

Lastly, other things like suddenly doing a complete 180 on the "This is/n't a business" doesn't match up. I suppose that could be unrelated. The "I'd need to win the lotto" doesn't fit either since having more money wouldn't make the government not able to take the house.

2 minutes ago, VertigoTeaparty said:

The "I'd need to win the lotto" doesn't fit either since having more money wouldn't make the government not able to take the house.

I interpreted as "If I lose the house I would need to win the lotto to get a new house and pay my debt"

The easiest explanation maybe the simple one , Phil may have over-extended himself. It happens with people and spending. The big years early may have conditioned him to living a certain lifestyle and he may never have adjusted it as things went. A number of youtubers have felt this now. It could be he'll need to adjust some things and make changes. 

• Upvote 1