The King of Hate Forums
RickMortyWorshipper

I love Rick and Morty

You have to have a very high IQ to understand Rick and Morty. The humor is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of theoretical physics most of the jokes will go over a typical viewer's head. There's also Rick's nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into his characterisation - his personal philosophy draws heavily fromNarodnaya Volya literature, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these jokes, to realize that they're not just funny- they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike Rick and Morty truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn't appreciate, for instance, the humour in Rick's existencial catchphrase "Wubba Lubba Dub Dub," which itself is a cryptic reference to Turgenev's Russian epic Fathers and Sons. I'm smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Dan Harmon's genius unfolds itself on their television screens. What fools... how I pity them. XD And yes by the way, I DO have a Rick and Morty tattoo. And no, you cannot see it. It's for the ladies' eyes only- And even they have to demonstrate that they're within 5 IQ points of my own (preferably lower) beforehand.

On ‎9‎/‎27‎/‎2017 at 10:25 PM, RickMortyWorshipper said:

You have to have a very high IQ to understand Rick and Morty. The humor is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of theoretical physics most of the jokes will go over a typical viewer's head. There's also Rick's nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into his characterisation - his personal philosophy draws heavily fromNarodnaya Volya literature, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these jokes, to realize that they're not just funny- they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike Rick and Morty truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn't appreciate, for instance, the humour in Rick's existencial catchphrase "Wubba Lubba Dub Dub," which itself is a cryptic reference to Turgenev's Russian epic Fathers and Sons. I'm smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Dan Harmon's genius unfolds itself on their television screens. What fools... how I pity them. XD And yes by the way, I DO have a Rick and Morty tattoo. And no, you cannot see it. It's for the ladies' eyes only- And even they have to demonstrate that they're within 5 IQ points of my own (preferably lower) beforehand.

Calling people idiots just for having different opinions is pretty fucked up.

15 minutes ago, RickMortyWorshipper said:

You're an idiot and offensive.  Get off my internet!

Listen I love Rick and Morty too but there's no reason to call people idiots 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MDCFAN101 said:

Can someone suspend or ban this motherfucker cuz he is psycho.  He has no respect for any one's interests and opinions whatsoever.

Banned him.  Don't know if I should delete the thread since its a troll thread or keep it open to actually discuss the show.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, MasterOfAwesomeness said:

Banned him.  Don't know if I should delete the thread since its a troll thread or keep it open to actually discuss the show.

Leave it open there's a lot of people that love the show 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, MasterOfAwesomeness said:

Thank you.  I do like the show a little bit, but I'm not that into it.

I have an IQ of 118(above average) and I just don't find the show entertaining. I understand most things in the show, that doesn't mean they're good. I'd argue the OP is the low IQ one, considering they're obsessed with a cartoon to the point of crusading against people that dislike it. It's also not even deep. You don't need to understand theoretical physics to understand most things. It's what I call "pretentious". It tries to appear deep without actually being that deep.

Edited by Veera
  • Like 1