The King of Hate Forums
ThatDogGuy

Close to Patreon goal!

I hope the patreon goal is reached, but the perks need to be freshened up or replaced, then maybe dsp won't need to rely on a few patrons donating big sums of money at the last minute to get over the line and instead more people will sign up to his patreon.

34 minutes ago, WOOF! said:

I hope the patreon goal is reached, but the perks need to be freshened up or replaced, then maybe dsp won't need to rely on a few patrons donating big sums of money at the last minute to get over the line and instead more people will sign up to his patreon.

I think it may have reached yesterday and the pledges were lowered so the forward facing numbers could be off.

And yes, perk refreshment could be beneficial

Edited by Another_Derich

1 hour ago, Punished_Lucina said:

pretty sure the goal is hit.  but the point of patreon is to support phil so the goal shouldnt matter.

If I'm going to spend money I'd at least like to get something out of it.

2 hours ago, Punished_Lucina said:

pretty sure the goal is hit.  but the point of patreon is to support phil so the goal shouldnt matter.

That is the dumbest post i've seen on here for a while and that is saying something.

Of course the goal matters, it's the fundamental point of Patreon, if you want to just throw money at Phil then by all means tip or cheer him on Twitch, the moment there are no goals is when Patreon will fail.

2 hours ago, Nich2440 said:

If I'm going to spend money I'd at least like to get something out of it.

You do the rewards for each tier are that something. 

1 hour ago, ilscuro said:

That is the dumbest post i've seen on here for a while and that is saying something.

Of course the goal matters, it's the fundamental point of Patreon, if you want to just throw money at Phil then by all means tip or cheer him on Twitch, the moment there are no goals is when Patreon will fail.

Well im going off what dsp has said in the past. And im not saying the goal is meaningless or whatever but the point of patreon is to support content creators i seen goals on patreon for numerous things i also seen patreon sites not even have goals and they make leagues more than dsp. The goals are important but people should be supporting dsp just listen to dsp when the money isnt hitting the goal he does bring up “if we don’t hit the goal then i wont do it” but he also says “the goals arent the only thing about patreon its mostly to support your content creator”. 

If we are going to talk about cheers and tips well here’s the thing twitch is killing his patreon as is. Dsp’s patreon needs to lower the prices for some of the rewards. $50 for a private Q&A is ridiculous i seen rewards that are way more involved run by one person for less. The notion of “if you just want to throw money at phil” was originally the point of his patreon because remember he didnt adopt twitch revenue until a year or so after he started patreon.

6 hours ago, Punished_Lucina said:

You do the rewards for each tier are that something. 

Well im going off what dsp has said in the past. And im not saying the goal is meaningless or whatever but the point of patreon is to support content creators i seen goals on patreon for numerous things i also seen patreon sites not even have goals and they make leagues more than dsp. The goals are important but people should be supporting dsp just listen to dsp when the money isnt hitting the goal he does bring up “if we don’t hit the goal then i wont do it” but he also says “the goals arent the only thing about patreon its mostly to support your content creator”. 

If we are going to talk about cheers and tips well here’s the thing twitch is killing his patreon as is. Dsp’s patreon needs to lower the prices for some of the rewards. $50 for a private Q&A is ridiculous i seen rewards that are way more involved run by one person for less. The notion of “if you just want to throw money at phil” was originally the point of his patreon because remember he didnt adopt twitch revenue until a year or so after he started patreon.

If as you say people should just donate to DSP regardless of goals then Patreon is redundant in my opinion, it's clear his Patreon has suffered recently due to a lack of creative goals, and if as you say the goals don't matter, then that money will dry up completely.

I stand by what i said, to give him straight up cash use tips and cheers.

1 hour ago, ilscuro said:

If as you say people should just donate to DSP regardless of goals then Patreon is redundant in my opinion, it's clear his Patreon has suffered recently due to a lack of creative goals, and if as you say the goals don't matter, then that money will dry up completely.

I stand by what i said, to give him straight up cash use tips and cheers.

i think its the rewards honestly.  why spend $20 to get a question asked in ATK when you can just cheer or tip him on twitch for less?  the rewards are the main reasons to encourage people to pledge.  the goal yea it does motivate people to pledge.  but still the point of patreon is to support content creators.  thats the fundamental design of the website.  you can use goals and rewards to encourage people to pledge.  sure but you can look at what dsp says and he directly says "patreon isnt about the goals if it wasnt for patreon and you guys supporting me i would go away" in regards to patreon.  yea you can tip him and give him bits with twitch but that is exactly why his patreon dipped so low in the first place.  DSP also says "i need tips to pay the bills" so people tip him and pull their pledge from patreon.  dsp needs to rework the rewards make them cheaper as is said the $50 reward is too expensive and $20 question on ATK is pretty stupid when you can ask him questions everyday on twitch for less money.  the goals are supposed to fund some big thing like new equipment or a new series.  his goals for what you need to hit them dont add up to play horror game marathon and get a costume is worth over 1K? really? for a goal thats over 1K id hope i would see more of an improvement with his streaming but i dont.  he refuses to use his greenscreen regardless of the fact he cant either fold or cut it to fit or even get a cheap green poster board to put up behind him. but he wont do it.  his quality has stagnated for years now.  

44 minutes ago, Punished_Lucina said:

why spend $20 to get a question asked in ATK when you can just cheer or tip him on twitch for less? 

Not all his viewers watch his content through twitch.

1 hour ago, WOOF! said:

Not all his viewers watch his content through twitch.

Those groups of people are probably the smallest minority in this community. But ok that might be the case dsp wont be making a lot of money with that reward or as much. It doesnt have to be $1 but the reward should be $5. His rewards are too expensive. The $5 reward is practically worthless. If the goal isnt hit you get half the perk and thats assuming you even care about the forums. If he made the Q&A a $5 or even a $10 goal it would be enough to attract new patrons. And make the private Q&A at most $20. 

Stupid posts are stupid.

Cheering on stream gets you a super-quick answer to a question during gameplay that typically doesn't last very long. Sometimes on prestream I'll elaborate a bit more, but generally it's a rushed answer to keep in line with the stream.

Pledging $20 to Patreon guarantees you an intelligent, thought-out answer to your question in an on-demand Q&A video that everyone can see. Got a burning question that everyone wants answered? Pledge $20 for a guarantee it'll be so.

The $50 pledge gets you a 20-30 minute private Q&A video where you can ask me anything, and it's totally up to you whether you keep it to yourself or not. It's the most private, personal interaction you can possibly get with me. NOBODY who has ever gotten one of these videos has ever complained, but quite the opposite: they LOVE them. Some people went as far as to pledge multiple times to get more after they loved the first one so much. 

It seems to me the problem here is ignorance by people who, quite obviously, have never pledged before. Thinking that getting a quick quip of a response for a cheer on stream vs. the $20 or $50 goals is moronic insanity. 

In addition:

3 hours ago, Punished_Lucina said:

he refuses to use his greenscreen regardless of the fact he cant either fold or cut it to fit or even get a cheap green poster board to put up behind him. but he wont do it.  his quality has stagnated for years now.  

I've had enough of your dumb shit, goodbye!

• Like 1

16 hours ago, ilscuro said:

if you want to just throw money at Phil then by all means tip or cheer him on Twitch.

Well you get a shoutout in that scenario. It's never JUST to support him.

2 hours ago, Phil said:

It seems to me the problem here is ignorance by people who, quite obviously, have never pledged before. Thinking that getting a quick quip of a response for a cheer on stream vs. the $20 or $50 goals is moronic insanity. 

That's a little harsh. I mean I agree with you but people have different values.

Edited by Nich2440

6 hours ago, Phil said:

Stupid posts are stupid.

Cheering on stream gets you a super-quick answer to a question during gameplay that typically doesn't last very long. Sometimes on prestream I'll elaborate a bit more, but generally it's a rushed answer to keep in line with the stream.

Pledging $20 to Patreon guarantees you an intelligent, thought-out answer to your question in an on-demand Q&A video that everyone can see. Got a burning question that everyone wants answered? Pledge $20 for a guarantee it'll be so.

The $50 pledge gets you a 20-30 minute private Q&A video where you can ask me anything, and it's totally up to you whether you keep it to yourself or not. It's the most private, personal interaction you can possibly get with me. NOBODY who has ever gotten one of these videos has ever complained, but quite the opposite: they LOVE them. Some people went as far as to pledge multiple times to get more after they loved the first one so much. 

Can u PM me a couple of questions youve gotten for the private Q&A? The answers is not interesting. :) Or if you want to post them here is ok as well, Im thinking of pledging an amount to get this perk. 
I have been backing out to do this just because some bullies on this forum think of me and "new" people as detractors every fucking time. 
@Amityville is one of those bullies. 

Another questions going to the moderators on this forum: Is bullying ok? If yes, then I will start as well, starting with Amityville.

Cheers from a person who got bullied out this forum by a bully.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, MiracleMan said:

Can u PM me a couple of questions youve gotten for the private Q&A? The answers is not interesting. :) Or if you want to post them here is ok as well, Im thinking of pledging an amount to get this perk. 
I have been backing out to do this just because some bullies on this forum think of me and "new" people as detractors every fucking time. 

Another questions going to the moderators on this forum: Is bullying ok? If yes, then I will start as well, starting with Amityville.

I've always suspected Amityville as some kind of trollish douchebag.

Edited by MDCFAN101
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

7 hours ago, MiracleMan said:

MiracleMan's past posts include calling Phil a liar and defending those making TIHYDP's who came under scrutiny. Just look yourself. 

Nice try, though. Especially since the mods and Phil do a great job already of policing this place from bullies and those attempting to frame others. 

6 hours ago, Amityville said:

What happened to the Patreon goal? Now gone down to $887.

What happened is people are only making large one time pledges instead of constant pledges.

On 9/29/2017 at 7:44 PM, MiracleMan said:

You're entering an established social environment on these forums and you're not entitled to participation. You came to these forums aware of the negative entities towards DSP, and your first posts were sympathetic towards them. Have a little self-awareness and tact. You don't walk into a church and introduce yourself with "thank God for gay marriage and aborted fetuses!"

But I read your posts... in February amity thought you were a rejoiner who was banned before, so you didn't pledge $20-50? :huh: It's obvious you're still bitter that after your first two posts (confronting Phil and calling him a liar) someone thought "oh great, another one of those accounts." Because that's the only time someone accused you of being a troll, but by the time June came around it was "I'm being accused constantly! Woe is me!" Let it go, dude. I can't imagine being that worked up about that for 8 months.

This self-victimization bullshit kinda makes me glad you didn't stick around. What if I'd made a comment you don't like and six months later you're pulling this same shit with me? You might not be a troll, but as a social participant, you give me bad vibes. I can only Hope you prove me wrong.

edit: And there's newcomers regularly who don't get accused of being detractors, because of how they carry themselves. Another_Derich in this thread, for instance.

Edited by thatanonymouse
  • Like 1