The King of Hate Forums
DML897

Nintendo has banned Nintendo Creators Program members from streaming Nintendo Games

This blows my mind. 2 steps forward 10 back with this company. Fucking hell 

https://kotaku.com/nintendo-creators-program-will-no-longer-let-youtubers-1819000987

"As of today, YouTubers who are also registered members of the Nintendo Creators Program are no longer allowed to broadcast content on YouTube Live. Nintendo gives partners two options: they can broadcast content on YouTube Live from a channel that isn’t registered to the program, or they can cancel their channel’s registration to the program, and instead register their videos to the program separately. The changes were announced in an email sent to content creators yesterday evening, although Nintendo didn’t officially publish the changes to the program until today."

This doesn't even make fucking sense. So you CAN stream it so long as you aren't affiliated with their program.....what? I have the worst love/hate relationship with Nintendo. 

1 point of clarity: You can still stream on Twitch.

1 hour ago, DML897 said:

So you CAN stream it so long as you aren't affiliated with their program.....what?

If your account is a member of the Nintendo Creator Program then no, you cannot stream it on YouTube on that account. If you have an account that isn't a ember of the Creator Program, you can stream on that account. Yes, Nintendo is fucking stupid.

I really don't understand who thought this was a good idea. They are literally punishing you for being a part of their Creator program. It's asinine.

I've heard some speculate that this is due to the Pewdiepie incident but I'm not buying it. If they were afraid someone is going to do or say something controversial while streaming, why target just YouTube? I suppose it could be for plausible deniability; if someone did do something negative while under their program then Nintendo themselves would also face at least some criticism. But again, if they are worried about this, why not disband the Creator program entirely? What's stopping someone from dropping the N-bomb on a video instead of a stream?   IMO this hasn't got anything to do with PDP; it's just Nintendo being Nintendo (aka dipshits.)

On ‎9‎/‎29‎/‎2017 at 5:03 PM, VertigoTeaparty said:

1 point of clarity: You can still stream on Twitch.

If your account is a member of the Nintendo Creator Program then no, you cannot stream it on YouTube on that account. If you have an account that isn't a ember of the Creator Program, you can stream on that account. Yes, Nintendo is fucking stupid.

I really don't understand who thought this was a good idea. They are literally punishing you for being a part of their Creator program. It's asinine.

I've heard some speculate that this is due to the Pewdiepie incident but I'm not buying it. If they were afraid someone is going to do or say something controversial while streaming, why target just YouTube? I suppose it could be for plausible deniability; if someone did do something negative while under their program then Nintendo themselves would also face at least some criticism. But again, if they are worried about this, why not disband the Creator program entirely? What's stopping someone from dropping the N-bomb on a video instead of a stream?   IMO this hasn't got anything to do with PDP; it's just Nintendo being Nintendo (aka dipshits.)

So Nintendo is putting a ban on themselves eh?  That is pretty stupid.

So you can't stream with the program, yet they won't let you make money without it either. Sounds to me like they just don't want their fans doing that.

3 hours ago, SlackerComputers said:

I hope Phil stops playing Nintendo games and deletes all his Nintendo streams and videos.  He might get flagged off the internet.

That's not how it works. Nintendo footage only gets demonetized by them, they don't file copyright strikes.

1 hour ago, SilentWarrior25 said:

That's not how it works. Nintendo footage only gets demonetized by them, they don't file copyright strikes.

I think this is a bit crazy though. This gives Nintendo a bad name in this kind of environment don't you think? Because they are the black sheep in the family here when the other companies are allowing monetization. 

Edited by ThatDogGuy
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, K0mbatDan said:

Nintendo must not like people showcasing their games on YouTube. :/

It's not that, it's more that Nintendo wants to make as much money as possible from YouTubers, livestreaming gives them nothing so they banned that out of their program. Plus, some people are thinking this could be in response to the recent Pewdiepie controversy, so they're making sure that if something like that happened, the live stream wouldn't be associated with Nintendo's program.