The King of Hate Forums

Eliminating DSP videos that are reuploaded

2 hours ago, ilscuro said:

Well he accused me of wanting to be an american, to which i replied i didn't, because i am happy being Italian.

I had intended on letting this go but it seems Rambo likes to converse with me, maybe he's a lonely boy?

Erm, you were lecturing me on how I should not start such topics but I respectfully asked you to leave but you wanted to provoke 

• Upvote 1
  • Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ok, I think the two of you need a time out.

This is my point. I don't want an "all out war". Don't be a warrior and just enjoy Phil's videos.

@Phil Maybe you should look into a certain 2 users here. They have a habit of insulting people, even other patrons, for simply disagreeing on the way to handle trolls. They're acting like trolls thems

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, LastRambo341 said:

Erm, you were lecturing me on how I should not start such topics but I respectfully asked you to leave but you wanted to provoke 

I wasn't lecturing you i was just pointing out to you, that the owner of this site doesn't want anything to do with detractors, which i assume includes starting threads about them.

You don't seem to get that.

On ‎10‎/‎5‎/‎2017 at 9:10 AM, LastRambo341 said:

American-want-to-bes are called "Yankees" , right? 

WHAT?!?!  Yankees was a term southern people during the Civil War era to call people from the North.

On ‎10‎/‎5‎/‎2017 at 10:20 AM, ilscuro said:

I'm Italian actually, i don't want to be American lol

You're from Italy?  AWESOME!!! 

10 hours ago, ilscuro said:

At least i'm not an ass licker like you, maybe you should lick your pet Amityville's ass :D

WTF?!?!  Jesus Christ man chill.

12 hours ago, LastRambo341 said:

I get that you are a teacher's pet XD

You know the type of people that call others teacher's pets are spoiled little shits right?  Don't be one.

• Like 1

Congress just introduced a bill that could drastically lower the cost of  bringing copyright infringers to court. Sometime in the future Phil might be able to afford to bring people that steal his videos to a small claims court. It's callled HR 3945 and it's supported by businesses of all sizes including people like Phil that work by themselves.

https://petapixel.com/2017/10/05/house-bill-introduced-copyright-small-claims/

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, LastRambo341 said:

So after a few days of analysis, what is everyone's verdict?

Again. Ignoring is the best option. Out of sight out of mind. Plotting attacks against trolls is childish. It's like a high school kid pulling a prank on the "in crowd " for revenge for teasing him.

Edited by Nich2440
  • Like 1

Honestly, its free promotion at Phil's expense. Some of these videos are bloody halarious, some of them put in alot more work then Phil ever did on his own edited content, and are what bring in potential new audiences. I actually discovered Phil thanks to the "Mentally ill stalkers" So in a way, im sure its been a positive thing for Phil, getting rid of them is less advertisement. But the more you fight it and try to hide it, the stronger it gets.

. Sure its a little shitty that they even try to monotize those videos....but hey, Phil and millions of other lets players & streamers are also making money off of a game developers hard work. Spin that all you want, but in reality your also stealing from the people that made the games by brodcasting most if not all its content for free online. Regardless of how many sales you assist, there is a number of sales you prevent because "well its online for free, why should I buy and play it when I can just watch someone?"

2 hours ago, Ziggy said:

Honestly, its free promotion at Phil's expense. Some of these videos are bloody halarious, some of them put in alot more work then Phil ever did on his own edited content, and are what bring in potential new audiences. I actually discovered Phil thanks to the "Mentally ill stalkers" So in a way, im sure its been a positive thing for Phil, getting rid of them is less advertisement. But the more you fight it and try to hide it, the stronger it gets.

. Sure its a little shitty that they even try to monotize those videos....but hey, Phil and millions of other lets players & streamers are also making money off of a game developers hard work. Spin that all you want, but in reality your also stealing from the people that made the games by brodcasting most if not all its content for free online. Regardless of how many sales you assist, there is a number of sales you prevent because "well its online for free, why should I buy and play it when I can just watch someone?"

Please fix your font size.

Also, they give negative publicity. Those videos get more views than Phil's videos.

Lets Play is not stealing unless the developer bans it

• Upvote 1
7 hours ago, LastRambo341 said:

Please fix your font size.

Also, they give negative publicity. Those videos get more views than Phil's videos.

Lets Play is not stealing unless the developer bans it

I think my font is fine, and it makes me stand out with the awkward spacing.

Even negative Publicity is good Publicly, like I explained, its what lead me to discover Phil. How many others discovered Phil thanks to Detractors?. And....well, Phil could have easily cashed in and gotten very popular if he didn't take himself and his videos so seriously, like really think about it, a condensed highlight reel of Phil's biggest fails and best moments. This way we dont have to sit through 8 - 20 dosen videos. We all know Phil doesn't want to do it, most of Phil's fans don't want to do it, but here we have people that like to, want to, and have sat and combed through hours of fails, dead air, complaints, bad jokes, some fun moments, and have made beautiful videos from them. If Phil befriended them and saw why they were so popular instead of fighting it and being insecure about it, this all could have translated into an even bigger viewership, and even more revenue. Hell, even bigger positivity. As you said...they get more views then Phil's actual videos. 

Its still stealing, your posting the games content online for people to see for free, so a full letsplay spoils the whole game and the person watching it didnt have to pay. The developers most of the time let people get away with it because they see the good it can do: free promotion for one thing. Something I already went over.

But now im a little curious. If letsplays arn't stealing because its not banned....then What about Ad block? Its not banned, does that mean its not stealing?

On 10/9/2017 at 6:55 AM, Nich2440 said:

Again. Ignoring is the best option. Out of sight out of mind. Plotting attacks against trolls is childish. It's like a high school kid pulling a prank on the "in crowd " for revenge for teasing him.

Reporting the videos isn't really childish though. If they offend the Youtube TOS, they've done wrong, you're helping Youtube clean up their site. As well as anonymously causing inconvenience to them, as it takes a lot longer to make a new account all the time and reupload the videos. 

21 hours ago, Ziggy said:

I think my font is fine, and it makes me stand out with the awkward spacing.

Even negative Publicity is good Publicly, like I explained, its what lead me to discover Phil. How many others discovered Phil thanks to Detractors?. And....well, Phil could have easily cashed in and gotten very popular if he didn't take himself and his videos so seriously, like really think about it, a condensed highlight reel of Phil's biggest fails and best moments. This way we dont have to sit through 8 - 20 dosen videos. We all know Phil doesn't want to do it, most of Phil's fans don't want to do it, but here we have people that like to, want to, and have sat and combed through hours of fails, dead air, complaints, bad jokes, some fun moments, and have made beautiful videos from them. If Phil befriended them and saw why they were so popular instead of fighting it and being insecure about it, this all could have translated into an even bigger viewership, and even more revenue. Hell, even bigger positivity. As you said...they get more views then Phil's actual videos. 

Its still stealing, your posting the games content online for people to see for free, so a full letsplay spoils the whole game and the person watching it didnt have to pay. The developers most of the time let people get away with it because they see the good it can do: free promotion for one thing. Something I already went over.

But now im a little curious. If letsplays arn't stealing because its not banned....then What about Ad block? Its not banned, does that mean its not stealing?

You want Phil to negotiate with such insects? LOL Phil does not have time for hours of edited content especially when the ad revenue is bad and he is focused on streaming and other things. 

You heard it, people. Let's Plays are "stealing" now haha

• Upvote 1
59 minutes ago, LastRambo341 said:

Actually, courts haven’t determine if “Let’s play” fall under fair use...... So it could be especially if he content isn’t edited.  Good luck with content id strikes with license music....

Edited by moka'roka
11 hours ago, LastRambo341 said:

You want Phil to negotiate with such insects? LOL Phil does not have time for hours of edited content especially when the ad revenue is bad and he is focused on streaming and other things. 

That attitude is why its gotten to the level that it has. People are trolled all the time, trying to quell it by force only emboldens it. Its amazing that after all of these years you still can't pick that up, and continue to ignore that this all could have been turned around into something good. But hey, even if you or Phil considered it, its way past too late. And its a dam shame.

Phil has all the time in the world to make edited content, he just doesn't want to. It takes time and energy to do, especially with how many parts he makes. I understand the work/payoff ratio, but I know if he started sooner, he'd have a bigger audience for it, and he'd be much better at it to the point he could whip up something no problem, and he'd be just fine against the ad-pocalypse. Y'know, so long as hes not wasting ALL of his revenue. And lets say he STILL doesn't want to do it...its not for him, he doesn't like doing it, to much time.....well....imagine if he was friends with his detractors. They all could have done it for him. All of thoses stolen views and subscribers could have been Phil's. Plus a healthy attitude to the trolling and the jokes? C'mon dude, Phil would at least surpass half a million subscribers and be doing just fine. Enough that he could have paid some of them. BOOM, Phil would almost legit start running a business.

Welp, guess you're just gonna ignore what I said.....but Moka is right. There has yet to be a court case about it. So its always a grey area. Don't forget about the legit copyright takedowns and DMCA's, thats pretty much proof that letsplays are at the mercy of developers and publishers. Cause you may own the video, but they own the game in your video. Same for music, and artworks.

Edited by Ziggy
bad spelling lol
8 hours ago, Ziggy said:

That attitude is why its gotten to the level that it has. People are trolled all the time, trying to quell it by force only emboldens it. Its amazing that after all of these years you still can't pick that up, and continue to ignore that this all could have been turned around into something good. But hey, even if you or Phil considered it, its way past too late. And its a dam shame.

Phil has all the time in the world to make edited content, he just doesn't want to. It takes time and energy to do, especially with how many parts he makes. I understand the work/payoff ratio, but I know if he started sooner, he'd have a bigger audience for it, and he'd be much better at it to the point he could whip up something no problem, and he'd be just fine against the ad-pocalypse. Y'know, so long as hes not wasting ALL of his revenue. And lets say he STILL doesn't want to do it...its not for him, he doesn't like doing it, to much time.....well....imagine if he was friends with his detractors. They all could have done it for him. All of thoses stolen views and subscribers could have been Phil's. Plus a healthy attitude to the trolling and the jokes? C'mon dude, Phil would at least surpass half a million subscribers and be doing just fine. Enough that he could have paid some of them. BOOM, Phil would almost legit start running a business.

No, this whole movement began with the TIHYDP MGS video that spawned the disease. Why did this happen? Because someone got sensitive after being kicked out off the streamchat / blocked 

• Like 1
9 hours ago, Ziggy said:

I would send the question back to you. Phil should collaborate with his detractors? This is like saying victims of bullying should become friends with the bullies. The bullies in this case have no wish for Phil to get better, so your "solution" makes zero sense. Very few people who constantly take the mick are doing it so someone can get better, they just love getting views for disrespecting someone. If you've read any of the threads here, you'd understand there's people who have said they would laugh if Phil died. That is someone with a black heart. I don't understand why anyone would say to Phil HE is in the wrong for being constantly attacked, and his fans are in the wrong for sticking up for him. Absolutely NOT. 

Edited by ThatDogGuy
50 minutes ago, ThatDogGuy said:

I would send the question back to you. Phil should collaborate with his detractors? This is like saying victims of bullying should become friends with the bullies. The bullies in this case have no wish for Phil to get better, so your "solution" makes zero sense. Very few people who constantly take the mick are doing it so someone can get better, they just love getting views for disrespecting someone. If you've read any of the threads here, you'd understand there's people who have said they would laugh if Phil died. That is someone with a black heart. I don't understand why anyone would say to Phil HE is in the wrong for being constantly attacked, and his fans are in the wrong for sticking up for him. Absolutely NOT. 

You can easily spin your enimes into friends, you just need the right attitude towards the situation, clearly Phil and alot of his fanbase didn't have that attitude and are to this day still just fighting it. Welcome to life dude, and the internet, anyone would say `Black Hearted` things if they knew they could get away with it. Y'all taking these people way too seriously. And hey, at the same time, Phil has said some nasty things and wished ill on people. Why does he get a free pass? Much of what has happened is a result of a POOR ATTITUDE. Won't excuse it, but actions have consequnces, and they sure as hell came back to haunt Phil.

1 hour ago, LastRambo341 said:

No, this whole movement began with the TIHYDP MGS video that spawned the disease. Why did this happen? Because someone got sensitive after being kicked out off the streamchat / blocked 

Why it happened is irrelevant, how it could have been handled is the point. Where this all could have gone with a better attitude is what Im driving at. While people laugh at Phil, everyone could have laughed with him. 

I can repeat this all dam day, but at the end of it, you two will never leave this cloud of darkness, you two will remain bitter and will continue to talk about it and spawn more threads keeping the drama alive and act like you'r still fighting some invisible war against keyboard warriors and video montages. I love how Phil has been at least trying to move on with his life and the decisions he's made, but you two can't

Edited by Ziggy
2 hours ago, Ziggy said:

You can easily spin your enimes into friends, you just need the right attitude towards the situation, clearly Phil and alot of his fanbase didn't have that attitude and are to this day still just fighting it. Welcome to life dude, and the internet, anyone would say `Black Hearted` things if they knew they could get away with it. Y'all taking these people way too seriously. And hey, at the same time, Phil has said some nasty things and wished ill on people. Why does he get a free pass? Much of what has happened is a result of a POOR ATTITUDE. Won't excuse it, but actions have consequnces, and they sure as hell came back to haunt Phil.

I really disagree with you on "easily" spinning enemies into friends. This is really not as easy as you make out, as Phil has a lot of haters who are willing to break any barriers to be featured on said detractors Twitters. They will go to wrestling shows and display insulting signs. I'm not against people making fun of him in general if he makes a mistake - but what I'm against is this vigorous detractor community. You also said Phil and I have the same attitude but contradict yourself in saying he's moved on but somehow me and Rambo haven't? What do I need to move on from? Because I support Phil? Because I'm a generous Patron, and fan - doesn't = bitter. Just so you know, personally I live a great life in UK for a top company with my partner and we enjoy DSP very much. I enjoy it. Not sure what your definition of bitter is then. I have never called names on anyone here whilst many have insulted me for supporting him - so please don't misunderstand me. 

Phil has a poor attitude and that's why he's deserved this mountain of prejudice? @Phil, I would be keen to know your opinion on this. 

Edited by ThatDogGuy
@ didn't work
  • Like 1
5 hours ago, ThatDogGuy said:

I really disagree with you on "easily" spinning enemies into friends. This is really not as easy as you make out, as Phil has a lot of haters who are willing to break any barriers to be featured on said detractors Twitters. They will go to wrestling shows and display insulting signs. I'm not against people making fun of him in general if he makes a mistake - but what I'm against is this vigorous detractor community. You also said Phil and I have the same attitude but contradict yourself in saying he's moved on but somehow me and Rambo haven't? What do I need to move on from? Because I support Phil? Because I'm a generous Patron, and fan - doesn't = bitter. Just so you know, personally I live a great life in UK for a top company with my partner and we enjoy DSP very much. I enjoy it. Not sure what your definition of bitter is then. I have never called names on anyone here whilst many have insulted me for supporting him - so please don't misunderstand me. 

Phil has a poor attitude and that's why he's deserved this mountain of prejudice? @Phil, I would be keen to know your opinion on this. 

Again man, its just the internet, people/kids will do and say outlandish things. Phil has said outlandish things, like it has been said to the detractors 'Its just a video, stop taking it so seriously'

I definitely won't disagree there are shitty people, some are detractors, welcome to life dude. Shake-it-off. Like that sign, what harm does it do? People have said it thousands of times before that sign, why does it trigger anybody? Hell Phil even said 'nobody knows who you are talking about' so whats the harm in someone making a joke we all have already heard?

Hey, good for you, keep living that great life, the whole 'bitter' comment is that it literally seems no matter how small a joke, someone is so QUICK to jump on it and create a discussion around it and make it a big deal. It creates the image 'we have nothing better to talk about, so lets talk about drama and shit down the detractors neck this week' I want this community to be above that, to not devolve on the detractors level, and then become 'this is all we can talk about and we just get into fights' I want people to move on from drama. It happened...moving on.

And to be clear, Im saying his Poor Attitude directly affected the result of alot of the negativity surrounding him today. Its pretty much a chain reaction that kept going and people just kept pouring oil on the fire. 

On 10/10/2017 at 6:25 AM, ThatDogGuy said:

Reporting the videos isn't really childish though. If they offend the Youtube TOS, they've done wrong, you're helping Youtube clean up their site. As well as anonymously causing inconvenience to them, as it takes a lot longer to make a new account all the time and reupload the videos. 

It's childish if you plan on sitting down and policing YouTube for every single anti-dsp video. I for one have better things to do.