The King of Hate Forums

New low for Trolling. Will this be the future?

So I don't know if a lot of people are aware, and Phil acknowledged on his twitter

Phil can't even watch tv without being trolled. Now imagine, waking up still trying to recover from a relationship, first thing you see on your phone is insulting tweets and messages, you get up and stream video games while at constant endangerment of being trolled, videos are not doing great on YouTube and your in financial distress and the only trolless form of entertainment you can enjoy, WWE Wrestling, you see some kid in the front row with a sign saying DSP GET A JOB. 

What a day. You have to wonder are the floodgates opening with this real-life trolling? If they can troll DSP on a national televised program, they can troll anywhere.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Do you ever contribute anything constructive here? It doesn't seem like you do.

Moron is now banned.

Well he does have 127 likes vs your 15.

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, Nich2440 said:

Low? I think it was funny. Stupid yes, but also funny.

Yeah but Phil took it as a personal attack on him... I didn't think this teeet:

Was so bad, just means if DarkSydePhil can beat this game (a guy that is NOTORIOUSLY known for being bad at almost every video game he plays), you could too. But Phil went on a Twitter Tyraid over it. Its all in what perspective your in.

My big concern is if they could go on TV and troll Phil, what's stopping them from going to a few of his favorite places he rarely ventures outside to and troll him?

This was hilarious. And DSP and others tried to flip it as if the "troll" had failed or something. One, his sign appeared on TV. Two, DSP not only saw it, but acknowledged it. And three, it's funny as hell. DSP said on twitter that the sign was impossible to read but reposted the image clear as day on Twitter for everyone to see... And I doubt the intent was for people to know who DSP was. DSP is clearly a fan of WWE and so are his fans. So obviously, this was specifically meant for him to see and react. If that was the case, Mission Complete. 

As for the Cuphead thing, its a little different. Unfortunate for him but DSP's name has become synonymous with the stereotypical "gamer" who sucks and blames the game, which stems from very... accurate depictions from previous playthroughs. That's just the matter of fact truth. He even said that he's just an average gamer. So out of all the names from the massive youtube pool that one could choose in reference for someone bad beating a hard game, of course his name is at the forefront. Is that an insult to him? Depends on how he takes it. My thing is why did he let this bother him. DSP being portrayed as a laughing stock has been going on for years, so why did this specific tweet set him off? It's just trolling at the end of the day. Funny trolling. 

• Like 1
19 minutes ago, FatalSeabass said:

This was hilarious. And DSP and others tried to flip it as if the "troll" had failed or something. One, his sign appeared on TV. Two, DSP not only saw it, but acknowledged it. And three, it's funny as hell. DSP said on twitter that the sign was impossible to read but reposted the image clear as day on Twitter for everyone to see... And I doubt the intent was for people to know who DSP was. DSP is clearly a fan of WWE and so are his fans. So obviously, this was specifically meant for him to see and react. If that was the case, Mission Complete. 

As for the Cuphead thing, its a little different. Unfortunate for him but DSP's name has become synonymous with the stereotypical "gamer" who sucks and blames the game, which stems from very... accurate depictions from previous playthroughs. That's just the matter of fact truth.

Careful...

huge_25.126803.thumb.jpg.9d23e1130809fee531575a357a3d88b2.jpg

But I get what your saying, a little friendly trolling isn't bad. DSPs reckless triads sometimes draws it to him, I'm just saying I hope it doesn't get out of hand. Also what's with his Instagram having nothing but 'Okay' under his pictures? He gets trolled on every platform.

That was broadcast to millions across the planet. If even a handful of them looked up DSP because of it, that's a plus for DSP. Not to mention, people probably asked him about it there in the arena, so he had to explain it to them too. Getting your brand out there like that can only help.

How many people tip or cheer DSP saying "I found you through detractors but now I'm a legit fan"? The benefits are obvious, so when DSP says that the troll failed, I think that's what he means.

• Upvote 2
10 minutes ago, thatanonymouse said:

That was broadcast to millions across the planet. If even a handful of them looked up DSP because of it, that's a plus for DSP. Not to mention, people probably asked him about it there in the arena, so he had to explain it to them too. Getting your brand out there like that can only help.

How many people tip or cheer DSP saying "I found you through detractors but now I'm a legit fan"? The benefits are obvious, so when DSP says that the troll failed, I think that's what he means.

I'm not sure if that sign helps DSP at all. If I didn't know what a DSP was and wanted to know why a fan wanted it to get a job, I'm going to do what everyone does, search Google. I type "DSP GET A JOB",  and what appears? Detractor videos. Yeah i understand there are a few miracle cases where a few fans come from troll videos and such, but how many more end up finding out who DSP is and hate him based on those videos or just DSP' s ability to lash out unfiltered sometimes? I say 1 out of 50 people who find out who DSP is from trolls, end up liking DSP. Not a good ratio buddy.

That guy went to a WWE event knowing Phil watches that sport religiously and made a sign to specifical get to Phil, and it worked, flawlessly I might add. So now the trolls know this type of god-tier trolling is effective, how long before someone else attempts to 1-up this guy or worse?

Edited by BunionPuss
29 minutes ago, BunionPuss said:

I'm not sure if that sign helps DSP at all. If I didn't know what a DSP was and wanted to know why a fan wanted it to get a job, I'm going to do what everyone does, search Google. I type "DSP GET A JOB",  and what appears? Detractor videos. Yeah i understand there are a few miracle cases where a few fans come from troll videos and such, but how many more end up finding out who DSP is and hate him based on those videos or just DSP' s ability to lash out unfiltered sometimes? I say 1 out of 50 people who find out who DSP is from trolls, end up liking DSP. Not a good ratio buddy.

That guy went to a WWE event knowing Phil watches that sport religiously and made a sign to specifical get to Phil, and it worked, flawlessly I might add. So now the trolls know this type of god-tier trolling is effective, how long before someone else attempts to 1-up this guy or worse?

I thought it was a photoshopped picture as everyone was celebrating that he was baited

1 hour ago, BunionPuss said:

I'm not sure if that sign helps DSP at all. If I didn't know what a DSP was and wanted to know why a fan wanted it to get a job, I'm going to do what everyone does, search Google. I type "DSP GET A JOB",  and what appears? Detractor videos.

So now the trolls know this type of god-tier trolling is effective

Eww, "god-tier trolling"? It's hack shit. I was on forums a decade ago that did literally this same thing with people. It's nothing special at all.People delude themselves into perceiving sme big deal when it's a silly harmless sign and a silly harmless response. And so it goes.

By the way, THIS is what comes up when you Google "DSP get a job":

So what?

Ultimately, even if 1 out of 50 becomes a DSP fan, we're talking about 50 people who would have NEVER been a DSP fan anyways. That's still him gaining fans. That's never a bad thing, and those other 49 people won't necessarily be haters for life. So they had a bad first impression, you can always come back from that. Do you know how many people used to HATE Frank Sinatra and Elvis Presley?

edit: Y'know, I'm really trying to put myself in the feet of someone entirely blank to the whole situation, and that's not at all a bad first impression. He gets to make valid points that this criticism does stem from jealousy from trolls, he now has an agreement with Curse, and this clip was from well over half a decade ago. It's him giving his own side in his own words with a brief preface that's supposed to spin it, but people don't just automatically go with a spin like that.

Edited by thatanonymouse
42 minutes ago, thatanonymouse said:

Eww, "god-tier trolling"? It's hack shit. I was on forums a decade ago that did literally this same thing with people. It's nothing special at all.People delude themselves into perceiving sme big deal when it's a silly harmless sign and a silly harmless response. And so it goes.

By the way, THIS is what comes up when you Google "DSP get a job":

So what?

Ultimately, even if 1 out of 50 becomes a DSP fan, we're talking about 50 people who would have NEVER been a DSP fan anyways. That's still him gaining fans. That's never a bad thing, and those other 49 people won't necessarily be haters for life. So they had a bad first impression, you can always come back from that. Do you know how many people used to HATE Frank Sinatra and Elvis Presley?

edit: Y'know, I'm really trying to put myself in the feet of someone entirely blank to the whole situation, and that's not at all a bad first impression. He gets to make valid points that this criticism does stem from jealousy from trolls, he now has an agreement with Curse, and this clip was from well over half a decade ago. It's him giving his own side in his own words with a brief preface that's supposed to spin it, but people don't just automatically go with a spin like that.

Well if it's silly and harmless, why respond to it? If Phil seen this and never even mentioned that he seen it, the sign would of been pointless and would of failed. Instead this kid gets front row tickets and makes a hand written sign trying to trigger one out of the millions of viewers of that program, and it worked. Despite your thoughts or decade long experience on forums (wouldn't being that up on the next date you go on either) you have, it's still impressive and might be something in the future that someone else would want to 1-Up someday.

That video is a terrible first impression to have on a person who has no clue who you are, it basically is infacising that DSP is too good for a job and its not feasible for him to downsize and get one, plus everyone else is jealous of him. But let's say the viewer can get past that, what's the very next video after that one you posted? DSP's anti-Semitic playthrough of Dead-Space. If anyone had any faith in being DSP fan, unless they are a neo-nazi its all but destroyed at that point. Your argument is destroyed right there.

As far as it's better to have 49 haters just to gain 1 positive fan instead of 50 people not knowing who DSP is at all.. miniacle. I think anyone would choose to have 50 people not knowing who the hell i am than to have 49 people hate me and increase the potential for more slander filled videos, tweets, and trolling just for 1 good fan to be on my side.

But we don't think alike, so I'll just leave it at that.

Anyone else with an opinion about the trolling?

Edited by BunionPuss
1 hour ago, BunionPuss said:

Well if it's silly and harmless, why respond to it?

DSP is too good for a job and its not feasible for him to downsize and get one, plus everyone else is jealous of him. But let's say the viewer can get past that, what's the very next video after that one you posted? DSP's anti-Semitic playthrough of Dead-Space.

I think anyone would choose to have 50 people not knowing who the hell i am than to have 49 people hate me

People expect a response from him, and all he said was the guy should have used boldface.

It doesn't say he's too good for a job, it says he's in denial about needing a job. It's true that it's not feasible for him to downsize and that -some people- are envious of him. The video that plays next isn't the same for everybody, so that means nothing.

Those 49 people would have never supported him as a content creator regardless, and they're not gonna just hate him because of this sign. Besides, we're all fabricating thee numbers. No one really knows.

And yeah, I'm responding even though you'll "leave it there." We can have civil discussions with people who disagree with each other. Talking to people is about more than trying to convince each other to think alike.

Edited by thatanonymouse

Nice bit of inadvertent publicity for dsp provided by this goofball, once phil get's past the behind scenes stuff he should embrace this, by putting "get a job" in some of his twitch pop ups, some of his merchandise on teespring and turn a nice profit for himself.

3 hours ago, thatanonymouse said:

And yeah, I'm responding even though you'll "leave it there." We can have civil discussions with people who disagree with each other. Talking to people is about more than trying to convince each other to think alike.

Yeah but there is no point of having a conversation with you if you're just going to deny reality. If anyone Google's DSP, what comes up in the search will be detrimental. That's just fact. A new person who is just figuring out who DSP is, is only going to give him the benefit of doubt for so long with so much overwhelming evidence to hate him. Like it or not the detractors perspective is the majority and is the most publicized. 

I swear talking to you is like talking to someone who is dreaming and don't want to wake up... I think I'll let you sleep, GN.

3 hours ago, Amityville said:

It didn't even make DSP angry. So the troll failed.

Yeah ok, Phil responded too it twice. He was obviously affected by it, the troll got the desired reaction out of DSP, plus his pic retweeted by the guy he was targeting, but the troll failed? :rolleyes: okay...

2 hours ago, ThatDogGuy said:

At Phil's request we shouldn't be paying attention to the trolls, should we? Or did something change while I was on holiday?

All of the popular topics on this forum is about trolls, plus after the Twitter tyraid he had plus the responses from the Smackdown troll, if he did say that, he's definitely not taking his own advice.

1 hour ago, WOOF! said:

Nice bit of inadvertent publicity for dsp provided by this goofball, once phil get's past the behind scenes stuff he should embrace this, by putting "get a job" in some of his twitch pop ups, some of his merchandise on teespring and turn a nice profit for himself.

That would be a great Judo move for DSP, but I don't think his pride would allow him to sell merchandise with such a phrase.

Edited by BunionPuss
3 minutes ago, BunionPuss said:

Yeah ok, Phil responded too it twice. He was obviously affected by it, the troll got the desired reaction out of DSP, plus his pic retweeted by the guy he was targeting, but the troll failed? :rolleyes: okay...

All of the popular topics on this forum is about trolls, plus after the Twitter tyraid he had plus the responses from the Smackdown troll, if he did say that, he's definitely not taking his own advice.

This needs to change. By you posting a new topic on the trolls, it's not helping is it? I think this is covered in the wrestling thread already.

Edited by ThatDogGuy
1 hour ago, ThatDogGuy said:

This needs to change. By you posting a new topic on the trolls, it's not helping is it? I think this is covered in the wrestling thread already.

Well if you have nothing to add to the conversation, instead of trying to break rules and sub mod when you're just a regular member like the rest of us, why don't you just not reply to topics you find pointless? @SilentWarrior25 already warned people like you to stop doing what you were doing over there and are attempting to do here. Your actions, subtle insults, and provocation is very translucent and I prefer you to stop before you are banned. I looked through your post history and every comment you make is never resourceful, thoughtful, or most to the time even related to the topic at hand. Honestly it just seems like you try to derail every topic that's critical of Phil or talks about trolls just to get it locked. But I'm not here to judge you, I just prefer whatever agenda you have you leave my post and threads out of it since I'm not break in any forum rules.

Thank you, and let's get back on topic.

Edited by BunionPuss
53 minutes ago, BunionPuss said:

Well if you have nothing to add to the conversation, instead of trying to break rules and sub mod when you're just a regular member like the rest of us, why don't you just not reply to topics you find pointless? @SilentWarrior25 already warned people like you to stop doing what you were doing over there and are attempting to do here. Your actions, subtle insults, and provocation is very translucent and I prefer you to stop before you are banned. I looked through your post history and every comment you make is never resourceful, thoughtful, or most to the time even related to the topic at hand. Honestly it just seems like you try to derail every topic that's critical of Phil or talks about trolls just to get it locked. But I'm not here to judge you, I just prefer whatever agenda you have you leave my post and threads out of it since I'm not break in any forum rules.

Thank you, and let's get back on topic.

Nope, and not about to be intimidated by someone who is just out to bait me. Not gonna work. I was on-topic in response to what you've just said, which is a fresh topic about detractors - which Phil has said for you to avoid. if you don't like it that's not my issue. 

Honestly the reason I think this is funny is the amount of dedication the troll put into it. Also A live wrestling match is the last place you would expect a troll to strike.

Now the person that all he had to say was "Hi mom!" That's pathetic.

54 minutes ago, ThatDogGuy said:

Nope, and not about to be intimidated by someone who is just out to bait me. Not gonna work. I was on-topic in response to what you've just said, which is a fresh topic about detractors - which Phil has said for you to avoid. if you don't like it that's not my issue. 

Jesus dude... :rolleyes: x 100

No one is intimidating or baiting you. Your whole issue is with the topic of this thread, yet you're here typing in a thread you don't like, and saying this thread shouldn't be a topic on this forum since it's about detractors even though most of the threads here are about in some part about detractors. 

Not only are you trying to submod as just a member of this forum, but you're derailing it as well. Someone just complained about you doing this in the other thread, hell, looking at your post history I can make a strong case about how the only thing you do on this forum is argue, derail topics, and try to get users banned.

So this is the last time I'm going to ask you before a mod has to physically disable you from chatting in a thread you don't like since you aren't able to do so yourself. Im done responding to your BS in all honesty, you won't get anymore messages from me. Just a click on the report button from here forward and I'll let the mods do their job.

Thank you. Back on topic

Yes it was quite funny and harmless. First of all because the thing is really beyond stupid. And I will explain why. 

"DSP get a job" 
Really stupid statement. As i understand there is a shortage of jobs in america. He would have to compete with others and take some job another person might benefit from. When he doesn't really have to. If he can live the way he does today that is more beneficial for everyone. 
Why? because much of his income is generated abroad.  He brings capital to the country not only in the way of taxes, but to all the local businesses and services he uses. 
If you see supporting DSP just as burning money you do not get the big picture. If someone can generate income as he does you should be happy and not try to sabotage. 
Because you are not only screwing over phil, but all the people that depend on his business. 
Phil isn't just pocketing the money he earns but puts it back in the economy. And if you think he shouldn't do that because you don't like his attitude. You are a egocentric asshole that can't see longer then your nose. You are just making it worse for everyone. 
People are entertained by phil and supports him doing what he is doing. Let them, it doesn't hurt you one bit to just look the other way if you don't like what you are seeing. 
Make fun of phil, and make all the satire and comedy you want. Just don't harangue and harass him for doing something that in essence is beneficial for others. 

50 minutes ago, BrightSideViking said:

"DSP get a job" 
Really stupid statement.

Not really, how is getting another source of income stupid? Answer; It's not

50 minutes ago, BrightSideViking said:

He would have to compete with others

You mean actually try? Aw man, we can't have that

51 minutes ago, BrightSideViking said:

And if you think he shouldn't do that because you don't like his attitude. You are a egocentric asshole

We're assholes for not supporting this man? Come on now, anyone could search "DSP" as that one guy said, and see all the negative stuff he's done backed up with evidence

• Phil locked this topic