The King of Hate Forums
Sign in to follow this  
RPGfan

The Greatest Street Fighter player ...and what happened next ?

This video is a nice one about how Street Fighter II became a huge thing in arcades and where it led to a big championship match. And that 1st champion was Toma Ohira. He dominated the game as a couple players describe and won that 1st championship. Then as quickly as he showed up , he disappeared. So what happened ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0h5NktWVQ_0

As Toma describes he just lost interest after winning and drifted away. In a nice ending he has a wife and 2 kids , and seems pretty happy where he's at.

• Like 1

It's good to see a non drama topic posted in this forum, thank heavens for sateler, kghaleon and MDC's posts, otherwise that's all it would be.

• Like 1

I did like how he admitted that he was winning and he was like , ok I'm winning at this and its getting boring now. So he drifted away from it. But I can understand why he did and its nice to know he still has his trophy lol.

On ‎10‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 2:39 PM, WOOF! said:

It's good to see a non drama topic posted in this forum, thank heavens for sateler, kghaleon and MDC's posts, otherwise that's all it would be.

Uh, thanks for the compliment WOOF! I really appreciate it.

21 hours ago, MDCFAN101 said:

Uh, thanks for the compliment WOOF! I really appreciate it.

No problem, it get's tiresome when it's all drama on here.

On 10/14/2017 at 9:30 AM, RPGfan said:

I did like how he admitted that he was winning and he was like , ok I'm winning at this and its getting boring now. So he drifted away from it. But I can understand why he did and its nice to know he still has his trophy lol.

I think he left when Hyper Fighting came out.  So, he never touched Super or ST.  

Wow! Tomo Ohira? That name is legendary.:biggrin:

Anytime I hear that name, I think of the days when Street Fighter, was ridiculously popular. From World Warrior, all the way to Hyper Fighting.

Street Fighter guru's, will tell you, that he was really ridiculously good, in SF2 Championship Edition and especially, in SF2 Hyper Fighting.

And that was way before, Street Fighters popularity, all kinda started to die down, when Super Street Fighter 2 Final Challengers and Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo, were released and being played, in arcades etc. As those two games came out, alot of the greats, and a huge chunk of Street Fighter players, just............like left.

The days of SF2 World Warrior, Championship Edition and Hyper Fighting were really, really epic. I was really small back then too. It was a really fun time.:biggrin:

I just wish those old SF2 games, had dodges, evades, parrys, rolls, air blocking and proper guaranteed anti-air attacks back then though. The anti-air attacks back then, were always kinda 50/50, with alot of the characters. Unless you were playing, Ryu, Ken, or Sagat and a few others etc. :tongue:

Edited by musicboy