The King of Hate Forums
Cappuccino

Losing weight

Saw your twitter. Did anyone mention swimming to u yet?

Since exercise is the best way to lose weight but you cant do other exercise bcos of ur back, then u should look into swimming. Try looking for a swimming pool in ur area perhaps? and set a schedule for urself bcos its easy to be lazy.

Eating less is a no go if u feel tired from it. But u should definitely drink less of that V8. No matter how nutritious it said to be its still just a caffeine drink which provides u only temporary energy boost and will tire u out once the effect runs out. Better replace it with ... i dunno ... protein shakes? pretty sure theres a kind of healthy "shakes" that ppl drink in the morning.  And go swimming.

Oh and eat meat will make u feel tired/sleepy easier than fish (bcos its harder to digest and ur body will use more energy to digest it). take that as u will. I am no expert in food, just a person who used to swim regularly.

• Upvote 1

Cut back calories, for DSP I would say get rid of the V8. Just stick with water, never understood why he needs energy at 12:30pm midday. If his streams started 7 or 8am I would say drink it. 

I've been trying to tell him to get some exercise but it falls on deaf ears. His lifestyle is anti-exercise, I used to be like that when I was a teenager but when I hit my 20's I realized something had to change.

Edited by FloydMayweather

He should even start going to bed earlier so that he could get more energy. An extra hour of sleep would go a lot further than two energy drinks. It would also get rid of the sugar that he would have to intake because he wouldn't need to have these energy drinks. Hopefully DSP will listen and not close the thread because we are telling him how to better himself.

24 minutes ago, Etereal said:

He should even start going to bed earlier so that he could get more energy. An extra hour of sleep would go a lot further than two energy drinks. It would also get rid of the sugar that he would have to intake because he wouldn't need to have these energy drinks. Hopefully DSP will listen and not close the thread because we are telling him how to better himself.

100% backing this.

Phil really has no reason to stay up so late and wake up so late. Go to bed sooner, wake up sooner and enjoy more of your day. But if he NEEDS and energy drink midday, that sounds concerning.

Also, GET OUT OF THE HOUSE. Your a slave to your job to the point that its effecting your health.

2 minutes ago, Amityville said:

He has a bad back which you guys didn't mention. It's not easy to start doing a load of exercise like that. 

Taking a 10 minute walk is not going to kill DSP. However, I do like how everyone is a fitness expert.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, opticalray said:

I used to take long walks around my neighborhood. I agree that even a 5-10 minute walk is good. My grandmother suffers from pain in her joints but that doesn't stop her.

Its ridiculously hard to lose weight just walking. Really vigorous exercise and a good diet is the best way.

13 minutes ago, Luckyfall said:

It's not just about losing weight. Exercising is overall really important especially for someone like Phil with a sedentary 

The topic is called "losing weight" so you know, i'm addressing the topic directly.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Luckyfall said:

It's not just about losing weight. Exercising is overall really important especially for someone like Phil with a sedentary job.

Doesn't take an expert to know sitting all day and drinking energy drinks isn't healthy.

K

1 hour ago, Amityville said:

He has a bad back which you guys didn't mention. It's not easy to start doing a load of exercise like that. 

i did, swimming :3

if u cant swim then its either u dont know how or ur alrdy too old for exercise. Its good for u trust me, even with bad back. Theres a reason ppl do body therapies in water.

Nevertheless, he should honestly start being more active as he could become pre-diabetic, which is something that no one wants him to have. Even though this topic is about him losing weight, he should listen to the advice that we give him so that he could have an overall better life. He needs to have the will power to do it though, otherwise he'll just keep gaining weight.

2 hours ago, GuessWhat said:

Taking a 10 minute walk is not going to kill DSP. However, I do like how everyone is a fitness expert.

Couldn't agree more, I used to wake up in the morning and feel out of condition, so I started going for a walk every morning (bad weather permitting) on a route alongside the park near my home for about 40 minutes, (20 mins to my arrival point and 20 mins back home) I stand up straight, look straight ahead and focus my mind, it has done wonders for my metabolism and I feel fresh as a daisy now when I wake up, I bought a running machine, but just keep it to a walking speed, which I use when the weather is lousy.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Amityville said:

DSP can ride a stationary bike, that puts no strain on his back because he has handle support. 

Look, the guy can do exercise there is no excuse all this hardcore gaming season is just another way of pettyfogging the issue. 

• Upvote 1

Well I saw DSP's tweet and as an avid exerciser, there is no excuse to not work out. I use to go to the YMCA alot, and if you have any insecurities about being around people and not knowing what the fuck you're doing, the YMCA is a good place to start. There is nothing but elderly people on treadmills lifting 5 - 10lbs dumbells. If these people can workout, Phil at half their age and a slightly bad back can work out. And i could also say if he started working out, it could actually help out his back.  Couple of things. Never announce to the public you are trying to lose weight, you are just setting yourself up for failure. Should just start working out and wait for someone to compliment you on your weightloss without even saying a word about your new workout/diet regime. Two, whatever Phil is eating "better" and "less" of that's sapping his energy and making him tired is complete garbage and needs to be thrown out immediately. Im not going to recommend any specific meals, but go out to the grocery store or come up with recipes that are much healthy for you, do some research and figure out what best suites you. Also, laying around till 5:20Am after watching 6 - 7 hours of Netflix every night is NOT GOOD. Netflix binges are'nt suppose to be every damn night, and when you're literally just sitting and laying down all day, you are making your back weaker and will likely never  lose any weight. If you feel restless or like shit, get your ass up and do a couple of push-ups or sit-ups. Do some stretches or planks. Anything besides laying down watching TV. It takes effort to want to lose weight, and its not easy. But its not going to be solved by typing up a pity tweet on Twitter late at night / early in the morning. I doubt Phil will take any of this information because of [insert excuse], but I just want it to be clear, the information is available. Its up to him to do something about it.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

DSP is a guy who loves his meat related items.  Who doesn't right?  

Well there is a meat substitute that is really good for you, portobello mushrooms. If prepared the right way it can taste just like a burger and they aren't very time consuming to make!  

You can also use them to make mini pizzas which are very tasty  

Ive also seen ways to make homemade pizza with doe made from cream cheese if DSP would prefer that.  It cuts down on the carbs. 

Hope these tips help. 

The 4 most important factors to controlling weight and being healthy (in order):

Genes, diet, sleep, exercise. 

Exercise is important but is not as much as the first 3. If obesity runs in his family, he’s screwed. If not, a proper diet and proper sleep will go a long way. Exercise can follow the rest, it makes no sense for him to workout if he has a poor diet and poor sleeping habits, which he does. 

People telling you exercise is the best way to lose weight don't know what they're talking about. For a general healthy lifestyle, exercise is very important, but if your goal is simply to lose X amount of weight, diet is going to be the most important. Just calculate your TDEE (how many calories daily you consume), and stay below it. That's it. People making weight loss harder than it actually is is the reason so many won't start doing it.

Edited by YEE

21 minutes ago, shadowman said:

Just do the opposite of what boogie2988 does and your golden.

yea i always wonder why boogie is still as fat as ever. I know that his isnt a normal case of fat but some kind of illness but didnt his fans support him medical cost and shits alrdy?

ps: ppl who are fat tends to have small dick bcos ur dick got buried under the fat, so it seems smaller... true fact :D

Boogie's cholesterol must be so high. For a guy approaching his 40's Boogie needs to be careful as high cholesterol in that age range cuts your life by about 20% - so he won't be around to play Half Life 3.  

7 hours ago, Luckyfall said:

He did have surgery. He's just so big that even though he has lost like 100 pounds he still looks huge.

A little too late for him. When you been massively obese for like your entire life it's just a matter of time until your body shuts down. This was probably a desperate attempt when he got a deadline from his doctors. They know it's not going to help him but they made money on his ass that way.

• Like 1

A bit over a year ago I was ~280lbs (I'm 6'0", male, 39 years old.) I'd tried and failed many times to lose weight. I read a story by Genna Bain which inspired me to try again. In less than a year my lowest weight was 204lbs. I've since fell off the wagon a bit; I went back up to 225 and am now hovering around 215. I'm still overweight by about 30 lbs but I look and feel MUCH better. 

Here's things I did that worked for me. YMMV :

1) Cut back/eliminate all drinks that aren't water. If I did have an energy drink it was one of the 0 calorie ones. I'd have a soda MAYBE once a month. This was particularly difficult for me as I LOVE soda/sweet tea.

2) Put extra hot spice into my food to the point it was just shy of too hot. This caused me to eat slower, allowing the food more time to settle and to trigger the "You're full" feeling. It also caused me to fill up my stomach faster by drinking more water.

3) Prepped food ahead of time. I would bake 3-4+ chicken breasts or salmon fillets at once and refrigerate them. Throughout the week I'd re-heat them + canned vegetables (pref low/no sodium.) Could easily have dinner or lunch ready in 10 minutes or less.

4) Put less food in my plate at a time than I normally would. Often, by the time I ate one of these smaller platefulls, I didn't feel the need to get another. If you put food in front of yourself you're more likely to eat it all, even if it's too much.

5) Always have sugar free gum. Chewing gum helped cut back on snacking.

6) For snack food, buy things like bananas, apples, oranges, etc. They are cheap and fast.

7) Stop buying junk food. If it's in the house the temptation is going to be there.

8) I ate foods I didn't like to kill my appetite. Yes this is a bit odd, but I'd have snack food around that I disliked. I'd eat that and it would kill my appetite. For me it was food like bananas, yogurt, etc.

9) I didn't exercise. I'm not saying to NOT exercise; it'll obviously be better if you do. However, it's not necessary.

10) If you go out to eat, ask for a to-go box as soon as the food arrives. Put at least half of the food in the to-go box and put it aside. This'll help with over eating since portions in American restaurants are ridiculous.

Hopefully that'll help anyone reading who's working to lose weight. Know that losing weight completely sucks ass and you're going to hate it. You're going to slip up. Understand this ahead of time and plan for it. Know that you'll have these bumps along the way but be prepared to get back on the horse. You only fail when you've given up completely.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

VertigoTeaparty is the man. All very good ideas.  

People with sensitive stomachs, like me, should steer clear of 2 but all great ideas.  

It takes patience to lose weight but once you get down to where you want to be, it's all maintenance from there.  

Good job VertigoTeaparty. 

• Like 1