The King of Hate Forums
Phil

Ask the King Ep. 68 - December 21, 2017

Please post up your questions for the very first EVER Holiday edition of Ask the King here! Thanks everyone and Happy Holidays!

5 hours ago, DemonicDamion said:

What was with the cryptic tweets the past few days?

He doesn't answer these questions until December. Try asking him during a stream.

Phil I Have Some Questions For You. 

1. Hey Phil, Did You Play Any of The Madden Games Back in the 1990s? I Believe Madden Games were even out in the 80s And 90s as well. 

2. Phil, Do You still remember the Montreal Screwjob In WWF? 

3. Do You Know The Shows: The Amazing Race, Survivor, Jeopardy, Wheel of Fortune, and Family Feud Phil? They Are My Favorite Game Shows And I Was Wondering Have You watched them?

4. Hey Phil, Lately I have been suffering Depression at school, I don't really know how to overcome it, Can You tell me things that I can overcome depression? 

Edited by Derichloveslemur

Hey Phil,I was wondering at what age did you get a full beard? I'm asking for the fact that it really bothers me not having a full beard at the age of 20 years old even though I am of italian heritage. Thanks!

2 hours ago, gustavo123777 said:

Hey Phil,I was wondering at what age did you get a full beard? I'm asking for the fact that it really bothers me not having a full beard at the age of 20 years old even though I am of italian heritage. Thanks!

I didn't get my beard and mustache until I was at least 18.

• Like 1

1. Why did you stop cookin' with the king. I really enjoyed the series.

2. How much would it cost in total to permanently fix your back, including the surgery and physiotherapy etc, if it is possible?

3. What will be the things you'd do if you were POTUS?

4. What are your neighbours like?

5. What was the shitty game you were forced to play in Project 7?

Thanks

Edited by Aqavio

Hey Phil, what's your opinion on ANTIFA, one of the groups that the US government labelled as terrorist? Basically I saw them in each videos (although I don't live there) protesting in every US towns/cities, tearing down every glasses, vandalizing walls and etc.

Thanks in advance,

A Vietnamese Guy

• Like 1

Hi Phil,

Seeing as you've been uploading various content to YouTube for almost ten years, do you feel that you've impacted the gaming community on the platform in any way? Being one of the originators of uploading monetised gameplay videos and at the same time having a large audience and influence, how do you stick to your original and raw gameplay formula but at the same time, continually adapt so your content appeals to an everchanging market. 

Thanks,

Dean Jones.

Hi, Phil

I have 3 questions.

1) along with the recent release of cuphead, the infamous "difficulty in games" debate  has made its return. I've seen people claiming every single player game should include an easy (or even a skip boss) mode that allows a wider audience to enjoy the artstyle and atmosphere of that game and see the ending. In my opinion what these people don't realize is that this mentality is exactly what brought us years of gimmicks, survival horror games turned into shooters, tomb raider games without mandatory tombs, complex fps games turned into streamlined shooting galleries and games all about graphics and almost no gameplay. your 2 cents?

2) your experience with Street Fighter 3.

3) did the the Weinstein scandal affect your approach to movies in anyway?

Edited by kill-chan

Hey Phil three questions:

1. Do you watch videos of yourself on YouTube or even videos from your old channels like THEKINGOFHATEHD or darksydephil?

2. If you could go back in time but to only one destination where would you go and what would you change?

3. If you could have 3 superpowers what would they be?

Thanks 

Hey Phil 

So I wanted to know if you had any rememberable Christmas experiences in your past, like a funny story or something along those lines. Thanks  

Hey Phil,

After this year's releases of both Resident Evil 7 and The Evil Within 2, where do you think the survival horror genre in video games is currently heading for the future? Based on your enjoyment and praise for both games, would you say that the genre is heading in the right direction or perhaps something else? What are some hopes and wishes you have for future horror games and what advice would you give to developers on how to create one?

Keep up the great work and stay strong.

TO Phil (will have to edit...for some reasons the script on this site slws my browser down... I attmepted to last submit month...)

I have question to ask about the difficulty of having to conduct your business without any help for the past 8-10  years., and abotu whether or not you've ever considered

However, it seems that you have always been forced to conduct your business almost entirely by yourself, which. This means not only playing and reviewing games, but editing videos...Other 9including those from ), but they have peopel to assist the editign of videos, as well as the capital of  For you however , have been forced to your business of eight years all by yourself, and an incredible load. except for coincidental collaborations you had in the past with yoru firend syou have had carry on all by yourself without any reliable help on the produciton end of things, which greatly limits both what you are able to produce, as well as your finacial . Having to the work of greatly limits what you are able to produce. This is especially dangerous to becuase. For me as a fan, I see that. Ialso see that many of your have ben hash to criticie you  fdpite the fac t  you've been forced to do evrythign by yoruself.

I see

Have you ever  at any point iin the past (or recently)considered changing the strructure of yoru "business so as to relieve the stress of having to edit, upload videos ? Why or why not? Did your hiring by Machinima ever prevent you from doing this?

you always been forced to work alone.

ediT: Thank () my last sessionc rashe dwhen I tired to post this.. I'm glad it 'sin one piece now...

Hey there Phil,

So you've been playing games with headsets for quite a few years now. I've always prefered playing games with sound only from TV, but now i've played a couple of times with headphones and noticed they make you way more immersed in the game. My question is: Have you noticed any change in your hearing ability over the years from using  so much headphones?

Hey Phil!!

My question is with everything going on with having to come to the fans for donations and tips, how would the 2012 DSP who gave everyone who took donations a tongue lashing percieve the 2018 DSP?

Last, if the 2018 DSP could talk to the 2012 DSP, what would you tell him? 

Thanx!!!

Hey Phil

I've been on youtube for 4 years making gaming videos and playthroughs and i have 85 subs. Since you've been around the block i wanted your opinion on something.

How did you keep your viewers interested and coming back to watch your content? Do you think it'll be possible for any new gaming channels to get recognised with YouTube's crappy system?

Thanks for the great content and stay awsome

Hello Phil,

Have you been approached by any sponsors lately? If not, is there any way for you to secure sponsorship to supplement the lost revenue from Youtube? I am not sure if you are big enough to get sponsorship or not, but I believe you could give out a sponsored shout-out during each pre-stream for Square-space, Blue Apron, etc.

Thanks,

Ray117

Edited by Ray117

What are your thoughts on the North Korean missile crisis?

What do you think of a plan to drop 25 million iPhones on North Korea and put satellites over them with free wifi?

Would you ever go back to playing Street Fighter V, especially since Arcade Edition is coming out in January?

Edited by Govtemple
More questions

9 hours ago, Govtemple said:

What are your thoughts on the North Korean missile crisis?

What do you think of a plan to drop 25 million iPhones on North Korea and put satellites over them with free wifi?

Would you ever go back to playing Street Fighter V, especially since Arcade Edition is coming out in January?

Phil is not going back to Street Fighter V at all.

hey phil, 

i have a couple of questions for you,

First question, i have been a fan ever since you played fable 2 back in 2008. i was wondering have you ever thought about playing games that you did not complete over the years such as splinter conviction crysis 3 and other games. my second  question,  have you ever thought about replaying games that you played already. my final question, i know that you have been out of the fighting game community for a long time. i think that last time that you went to a fighting game tournament was in 2010 SBO in Tennessee.  are you still in contact with the fighting game community and what made you stop playing competitively  and do you miss it. i bet you have more stories to tell. 

thanks