The King of Hate Forums
Phil

Ask the King Ep. 68 - December 21, 2017

Hey Phil, last night I watched the Game Awards and saw the following announcements: From Software's next game, Vacation Simulator (from the studio behind Job Simulator, SoulCalibur 6 got announced for 2018, Bayonetta 3,  and a new game called Witchfire. Which of these games are you looking forward to the most

Hello Phil. I do not know how much you follow movie news but Disney might buy 20th Century Fox and some other divisions of Fox. What do you think of this?Let me tell you what this really means. Fox owns a lot of comic book properties like the X-men and the Fantastic Four. Disney owns Marvel Studios, that means they own the Marvel Cinematic Universe which contains the avengers and a lot of the other characters that Fox does not own. They have a working deal with Sony to use Spider-man in their productions. Anyway if Disney owns Fox then that means that characters like Wolverine will be able to show up in the Avengers movies. That means too that movies like Wolverine movies X-men movies will be made by Marvel Studios. Therefore being geared more towards kids than adults. What I mean by that is that there will be less violence and blood and profanity and they will childproof it so that a kid can watch it. Not that the movies are enjoyed by kids and that is it. What do you think of the X-men showing up in the Avengers movies and what do you think about movies like X-men and deadpool having to go kid friendly. Thank you.

Hey Phil long time veiwer

1. What are your thoughts on the widespread hate on Star Wars BF2 and EA because of microtransactions? There are videos going as far as comparing EAs CEO to a demon, your thoughts?

2. Did you ever get an apology from AlphaOmega?

Edited by RJNickins
glitched and said BF2 twice

Hey Phil,

Thanks for always answering my questions. Another FGC related one for you bro:

With the announcement of the SF 30th Anniversary collection, there's a lot of hype for the old school games. 

1) Which of the 3 main fighting games were your favorite and why? CvS2, MvC2, or 3rd strike?

2) What would you say is one of the best FGC rivals/story from the 2000 era?

Keep up the great work Phil!

<3 Isaac

Bonjour Phil, would you consider starting a new relationship advice series, were viewers could ask for your pearls of wisdom via questions, I think this could be an informative and entertaining series, you could add this to ask the king or as a twitch sub perk if the goal has been reached.

Hey Phil I Have An Interesting Video Gaming Question For You To Answer 

Phil Are You going to be playing Yakuza Kiwami 2? I Believe it released December 7th, 2017. Cause you played Yakuza Kiwami, or Is it because you haven't finished Yakuza Kiwami because you put that game on hold I believe. 

Happy Holidays Too From me - Derich

Edited by Derichloveslemur

Hi phil, longtime viewer here. 

I have two questions:

1) what are the odds of you replaying older games in early 2018? the start of the year is usually slow. Would like to see you tackle fallout new Vegas again and I know you mentioned possibly La noire.

2) I know youre in a financial bind right now and I've been wondering, why not switch from digital releases to physical releases again? would allow you to "recycle" funds into each release, plus might allow for more content in the way of release day vlogs/unboxing videos.

Anyway keep up the great work Phil, been watching you since street fighter 4.

Hello Phil, was just wondering:

Would you ever consider playing Sonic Unleashed for 360, or perhaps have it as a Patreon goal? Next year is its 10th anniversary (released in 2008) as well as your own 10th anniversary of being a Let's Player, and so I thought it might be interesting to see your take on the game all these years later.

hey phil love your streams dude bein a long time viewer of yours . dont always manage to catch your streams but i watch most the stuff you record . 

My question is would you consider replaying sum of the games that you played years ago that you record with your video camera. Games like the Silent Hill series and skyrim and many other games. 

also cant wait for you to do your bloodborne redemption run its going to be epic

merry xmas and a happy new year ;)

Hello Phil,

i have two questions.

1. Do you plan in the future to play Trash Games, this would increase the viewers on Twitch.

2. Did you use with the thoughts to play strategy games like anno, civilization or command and conquer.

Hi Phil - for lack of anything particularly pertinent to ask, I guess I'll go with: how's you're health these days?  I hope good.  You've previously shared health issues, and you've had *quite* a year, with significant stressors, but I am heartened by your constant positive energy. (Energizer Bunny meme??? ha)  Unfortunately, I haven't been able to attend streams lately (work & family & life!), but I try to catch up on your playthroughs whenever I can. (PUBG is the current one - ohhhh man!)  Truth be told, my work break between Christmas and New Years is going to be a DSP watching fest!

This isn't necessarily a question, but also just wanted to say - I've always really enjoyed your game reviews, and especially your end-of-year lists of best and worst games - and funniest moments!!!  I totally understand if today's reality doesn't allow you produce the kind of stuff you did previously, but it would really be sweet if you could still do it, even if it's in a more informal way?  Like, have it as a Twitch livestream, where you give your thoughts, entertain questions from the watchers, compare with other recent games, troll the trollers - you get my drift.

Hang in there, and hope you have a happy 2018!

Hey Phil, I have a question about reviews. I know that the edited style was too much work for what you were getting out of them and I appreciate that it still took a lot of time for you to prepare and film the sit down and talk style so I'm not going to ask you to go back to either of those. However, I was wondering if you would consider at least putting your final thoughts in a separate video to the final part. Usually if I'm looking for a review it's because I want to know if I should buy it and I don't want to risk spoiling the ending to hear your thoughts. Would you ever consider doing something similar to your Bloodborne: Old Hunters review where you just went onto the PS4 dashboard and blew up your facecam? I feel like that would be a good compromise.

Phil

Merry Christmas!

So what is dating life like being a youtuber with some degree of fame? Do girls actively seek you out to date as fans or admirers? Conversely, have you experienced the opposite happen where you meet a girl who likes you, but once she discovers your public persona, decides not to pursue you? How has your very public life affected your single life?

-Richie7

Hey Phil,

I've always been curious about wrestling after watching your stuff over the years, but never knew where to start. How does one get into watching wrestling at this point? What's a good point of entry to understand what's going on?