The King of Hate Forums

Why Patreon has been low

2 hours ago, WOOF! said:

Was going to answer your questions, but since your posts show you have no class, I reported you instead.

Actually, why don’t you answer his question???  You’re just proving him right by ignoring it.  He kind of right thought. With the money he gets from pateron he could of invested it back into his streaming/YT career.  He could of upgraded his webcam and probably got some lighting.  Hell, he could already hav gotten a High-end gaming PC.  He could of did something about improving the quality of his work.  I’ve seen casual streamers with better set up than his.  But, we really don’t know his finacial situation when he opened his pateron account.

Edited by moka'roka
  • Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well Phil, I suppose someone expect more from you. All you do now adays is stream games. And i suppose you get the vast ammount of support for that particular thing over Twitch.  You used to do V-lo

First off, it's great that you don't understand how making a living works. If I'm struggling to barely pay my bills, chances are that taking away from doing things that can keep the bills paid aren't

Got no time for muppets who post filth on the forum.

Posted Images

15 minutes ago, moka'roka said:

Actually, why don’t you answer his question???  You’re just proving him right by ignoring it.  He kind of right thought. With the money he gets from pateron he could of invested it back into his streaming/YT career.  He could of upgraded his webcam and probably got some lighting.  Hell, he could already hav gotten a High-end gaming PC.  He could of did something about improving the quality of his work.  

I’ve seen casual streamers with better set up than his.  

Got no time for muppets who post filth on the forum.

• Like 2

re: PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds

1. I am one of the (many?) people that asked Phil about PUBG earlier this year as it was becoming THE game to stream on Twitch. Phil was dismissive the whole time, saying the game did not interest him while calling people that wanted him to play it "sheep" and the people who stream the game on Twitch "monkeys". And now he really, really wants to play this game? What changed?

I think if he stuck to his guns and kept the game at arm's length, PUBG could have eventually won a Patron's Choice, one that was maybe restricted to shooters.

2. Phil played Fortnite: Battle Royale earlier in the month, seemingly on a whim. That'd be like setting up a marathon of League of Legends as a Patreon milestone goal, first time ever on stream with a multi-player online battle arena game provided the dollar amount is reached... then streaming DOTA2 out of the blue, just to see what MOBAs are all about.

PUBG and F:BR are different, but much is the same -- a lot of the battle royale, survive-and-scavenge experience (both solo and squad) was given away ahead of time and IMO there would not have been an appreciable difference between those sessions, game mechanics notwithstanding.

EDIT: I think South Park had 2 pieces of fan art for the pre-streams, and COD has just one? Teespring has its own title card while Patreon has to share space with Twitter, THEKINGOFHATEVLOGS, etc. Those three or four screens cycle quickly. Make templates for Patreon, put them in the rotation, and cycle in patron's names throughout the month: 

"The following stream is possible thanks to patrons like (insert name) and (insert name). To support this stream go to (insert link) for info on Patreon."

"Thanks to (insert name) for helping us hit this month's Patreon goal, (insert goal). Join us on (insert date) for (insert goal)."

Edited by JohnTron

His patreon is low because he set a goal that support only a specific group. He need make new goals like 2 side goals like if he reach 500 Dollars or more he make every month a kickstarter and a steam review this is around 5-7 hours.

If he reach 800 Dollars or more he play PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds in the weekend or first days in Month. If he reach 1000 Dollars or more the patreons can give him new ideas for a game.

Phil needs 1125 Dollars or more  to pay his bills and games, he achieves the goal shortly or not. It should give the patreons a guarantee, that he does something do in the months. Ever time phil complains why is his patreon so low he does not reach the goal.

I give you a example. He reach 500 Dollars or more and stream every end of a month a kickstarter and steam review. This is his guaranteed first goal. How would it work? Phil stream play good or bad steam games. In steam you will find many trash games He plays demos, free games or buy 1 to 10 dollars in steam and play around 20 to 40 Minutes. We and patreon do not know what games he plays he decides himself. He plays this by random or it is proposed in chat.

This will guarantee an interaction with chat. In Kickstarter he can watch every video and give his opinion. There is a very good and very special trash games. From this he can see in which genres of games, he would play.

I said it earlier he should play pathologic demo the marble nest. Its free and  it is around 2 hours. He need a PC and he would get over 10k viewers or more. A lot of unknown youtubers  get 20 k to 40 k views. This is not a full game it cost around 20 dollars and you can get on ps4 or xbox one in next year.

pathalogic5.PNG

pathalogic1.PNG

pathalogic.PNG

pathalogic7.PNG

Edited by alex89
1 hour ago, Luckyfall said:

The problem with this is that the highest tier I.e the monetary goal he's had for years now still needs to be something interesting enough for people to pledge. If he does a side goal for $500 he'll basically give himself more work for no monetary gain as he's well above it already. It's the end goal that needs to be interesting to get new pledges coming in to meet that goal.

This is why I think his patreon just needs a complete overhaul as the perks are just not worth it in the slightest. Twitch bots have Patreon support apparently nowadays so maybe he can give some cool perks to them on Twitch? Extra emotes or stuff like that? Just something.

Great way of thinking but the problem here is lot of creators set 2 to 3 goals. The 500$ is Basic Goal dont requires a lot of work. It should ensure that phil interact with chat. Remember he ragequit persona 3 and now he was bored at halloween special. I think he would do monetary gain through subs and tips.

Yes i agree he need new pledges.

Didn't Phil try and get Pledges for a PS4 Pro and more a few years back ? That he changed his mind on it. Some goals you may wanna try for .

- Co game play -  The top pledge and side goal is one where you play a game with one of your Patreons. You select the game and date for them to come to your home and play the game. Make sure everything is on the level and do it. Also don't do this pledge every month....make it a 3 times a year goal. Or maybe twice a year.  Spring/Summer/Winter. This way you can promote it as a BIG deal for your channel. But don't do it every month , just do it twice a year. Also make the top pledge be the winner but they have to be within the United States/Canada, (That way you don't get socked with huge international airfare). 

-  Work on more than Games :  I think what works now is going outside the box in videos. A comical small perk would be , go watch Phil do a dumpster dive ala at Gamestop. Dee Dave has fun with them and has done a lot over the years. Also any games found at places is donated to charities and kids get the games as both have done. So if you found a bunch of PS3 and older games you have no plans of keeping ; beyond content you film ...donate them. Its a nice deal and gives you at least some good press.

But the top one is one I think Phil could logically do and steam on Twitch and do videos of. I know Phil plays multiplayer online but this would actually see someone who donates to him get this perk of being there with him in the same room. And its been awhile since he did that with someone. 

55 minutes ago, RPGfan said:

Didn't Phil try and get Pledges for a PS4 Pro and more a few years back ? That he changed his mind on it.

Yes he wanted to put any money left over after the target was reached towards one.

58 minutes ago, RPGfan said:

- Co game play -  The top pledge and side goal is one where you play a game with one of your Patreons. You select the game and date for them to come to your home and play the game. Make sure everything is on the level and do it. Also don't do this pledge every month....make it a 3 times a year goal. Or maybe twice a year.  Spring/Summer/Winter. This way you can promote it as a BIG deal for your channel. But don't do it every month , just do it twice a year. Also make the top pledge be the winner but they have to be within the United States/Canada, (That way you don't get socked with huge international airfare). 

A good percentage of his viewership is international, so there is potential to irritate that group, although it would be funny to see ThatDogGuy or Nich2440 at Phil's house.

1 hour ago, RPGfan said:

-  Work on more than Games :  I think what works now is going outside the box in videos. A comical small perk would be , go watch Phil do a dumpster dive ala at Gamestop. Dee Dave has fun with them and has done a lot over the years. Also any games found at places is donated to charities and kids get the games as both have done. So if you found a bunch of PS3 and older games you have no plans of keeping ; beyond content you film ...donate them. Its a nice deal and gives you at least some good press.

I would love to see Phil to become a Freegan and make a video dumpster diving for free stuff, but this is a decent idea.

• Like 1

If there was an international viewer who does win , I'd make it where they'd have to split the airfare. For an international flight in and all. But yeah do a weeks worth of a show and Phil can do side videos where the person not only wins the co game play , they'd get a DSP tries it with them and a Ask the King segment as well. This way the perk has a big deal involved. Its something that could be done as I posted as a twice a year deal.

1 hour ago, RPGfan said:

If there was an international viewer who does win , I'd make it where they'd have to split the airfare. For an international flight in and all. But yeah do a weeks worth of a show and Phil can do side videos where the person not only wins the co game play , they'd get a DSP tries it with them and a Ask the King segment as well. This way the perk has a big deal involved. Its something that could be done as I posted as a twice a year deal.

It would make for some hilarious viewing that's for sure, could you imagine the two of them co-existing in the same house for a week. Imagine this scenario DSP: Welcome to another edition of DSP Tries It Patron: I Love You DSP: Errrrrr anyway how did you like this new Wendy's burger Patron: It's the greatest burger I have ever tasted DSP: But you haven't tasted it yet. HA HA 

How about a patron playing a online co-op game with Phil, of their own choosing instead, I think it's something Phil would more likely agree to. 

Here's an idea I like, Phil could set a stretch goal on Patreon to attend PAX and do a fan meetup while he's there. He could try to do what he was doing with the PC again, saving a little each month towards the convention. He could potentially get hands-on coverage of the games there, maybe even interview game devs or get a collab with a bigger YouTuber or Twitch streamer. It could be a really great networking opportunity for him and some fun videos could come out of it. 

5 hours ago, FloydMayweather said:

Going to Phil's house is a bit extreme, lmao. 

Just the thought of that is making me LOL.

Why ? Years ago people went to his house and played games. This would be no different. Its more better if its in person interaction. Having 2 people play off each other playing. It creates a more....dynamic. People can play online with folks every day. 

6 minutes ago, RPGfan said:

Why ? Years ago people went to his house and played games. This would be no different. Its more better if its in person interaction. Having 2 people play off each other playing. It creates a more....dynamic. People can play online with folks every day. 

True, but those were the good ol' days.

On 11.11.2017 at 1:54 PM, Luckyfall said:

This would be ok if he had those 2-3 goals set up from the start. Coming up with one now would just mean extra work for no benefit. If he ever updates the Patreon perks to be worth their price and he sees a rise in pledges I could see him maybe setting up some rewarding stretch goals that are higher than his goal right now. Maybe a weekly/monthly event if a certain goal is met or something similar.

But again, this would require a complete overhaul of the perks as it's very apparent the ones available now aren't really bringing in any new pledges.

The problem here is if phil dont change his formula he gets in next year down. We know that would cost him lot of nerves because he is a one man. I think two goals would be okay for the beginning. The Goals could be Movie or Kickstarter Game Reviews not for youtube but for vidme. He can still upload on youtube but it gets demonetized. I know why vidme and not youtube. Because we dont know what new rules youtube will think up and phil is already done. He can use twitch and review the top things. Dansgaming do that in twitch and get 5000 to 11000 views. Why can not Phil do that? What's stopping him?

He should play games without help. How he can do that? He go to steam and first watch the video of the games. Then he speak with stream chat  if the game would interest him. Very easy he plays unknown Games for him like edna breaks out, pathalogic or fran bow. Through that he should find his genre. That's his strength. These are the easiest things to do.

How about a goal to bring back reviews, Phil Reacts, and countdowns as vlogs. As long as the goal stays above $1250 pledged Phil can produce 3-4 vlogs a week. One being the WIP  and the other 2-3 can be whatever comes to mind be it a review, Phil reacts, DSP Tries it, or a countdown.

• Like 2
9 hours ago, Nich2440 said:

How about a goal to bring back reviews, Phil Reacts, and countdowns as vlogs. As long as the goal stays above $1250 pledged Phil can produce 3-4 vlogs a week. One being the WIP  and the other 2-3 can be whatever comes to mind be it a review, Phil reacts, DSP Tries it, or a countdown.

Reviews don't bring in viewers so I don't see the point in suggesting it.  No use in spending all that time doing it if his viewers hit rock bottom. 

1 hour ago, ThatDogGuy said:

Reviews don't bring in viewers so I don't see the point in suggesting it.  No use in spending all that time doing it if his viewers hit rock bottom. 

I think reviews should be free. His main goal should be game specific. He could play Hello Neighbour or 60 Seconds!. He should use the patreon for an idea would be he make in twitch a suggestion like "He give 2 to 3 weeks for the 2-4 person how give him many bits and cheers a custom package from teespring like shirts, cups and special content".

Another idea would be I upgrade my equipment and the patreons could choose for me.