Jump to content
The King of Hate Forums

What is the most OUTSIDE-THE-BOX type of content you'd watch from DSP???


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You are exactly the kind of fan Phil doesn't need. The white knight who'll blindly support whatever Phil does no matter what. You make him feel good in the short term, but ultimately end up killing hi

I liked Phil's music videos from back in the day, like Mr Troll. Wish he could do some more of these but are probably time consuming. 

Are you kidding? That goal is fucking awesome!

Posted Images

3 hours ago, moka'roka said:

You know what will be outside the box for Phil is having an itro to his videos on YT.  He can have intro like the Super Best Friends.

that's not exactly outside the box. its more of a standard for a lets play channel, that he should have done, like a couple years back.

3 hours ago, GuessWhat said:

You should probably make them for him for free you know he is struggling financial so give the guy some help.

Phil isn't a charity case. if people want to be kind to him, that's fine. but i think its kind of rude to volunteer others.

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, BlonderSTS said:

that's not exactly outside the box. its more of a standard for a lets play channel, that he should have done, like a couple years back.

Phil isn't a charity case. if people want to be kind to him, that's fine. but i think its kind of rude to volunteer others.

 

3 hours ago, GuessWhat said:

Lol I was joking. I know it wasn't too obvious

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, BlonderSTS said:

that's not exactly outside the box. its more of a standard for a lets play channel, that he should have done, like a couple years back.

Well it’s kind of “out of the box” because he does “raw” gameplay.  He doesn’t even have thumb nails or end cards.  But, I understand what your saying that it should be a standard for a let’s play channel.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

OP (you sure act like an <FNORD> "O.P." ,  ;-) </FNORD>  ) , How about you make your own channel , get some friends (or backers) and do that yourself?

You 'd probably be able to turn more of Profit. ... jsut be surre to have support team, with you other wise you'll have to delay the realease for soem months...

 

 

 there are more important things to life than obsessing about games....

 

If not , it will just be you tangled in the web of phenom world as majority of huamn beings are.... not t to ad.. but YMMV,. It's all upt ot you though, I guess.

 

 

 

 

Edited by Barbatin52
My orignal was abit too confrontational for my intentions... I edited accoridngl
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/13/2017 at 10:08 AM, Another_Derich said:

A week might be too long but I've thought of themed things like "Super Salt Series" where he does mixed marathons of fighting games for two or three days such as Injustice 2, USF2, SFV, Tekken 7, MKX.

Or "Multiplayer Madness" where he is doing general MP with/against fans/detractors or other randoms.

FPS marathons where he uses the mic and doesn't hold back on the rage.

There are a lot of different things he can try within his comfort zone that people have mentioned. Also, some interesting mentions of other ideas in the stream chat that have gone unnoticed a while back that could be funny or interesting to see. The funniest I saw mentioned was him streaming detractor stuff and commentating over it or calling stuff out for being BS or something like that. Its out of the box and would probably get both fans and detractors trying to support him.

Of course out of the box stuff doesn't have to rely on stuff like salt, rage, and detractors but it probably wouldn't hurt to lean into that and make use of it. As far as getting support only from fans then the out of the box stuff would maybe have to be a non-gameplay series and there are tons of options for that.

@Phil Its nice to see the multiplayer madness/super saltiness coming to fruition. Although a bit different from how I thought it would play out but it is good to see. Hopefully some more ideas are picked up and given a fair try.

 

 

 

I might start compiling some ideas I've had as well as ideas I've seen from other places that might be worth exploring.

Edited by Another_Derich
Link to post
Share on other sites

I saw a streamer do something interesting with Fallout 4. He played on the hardest difficulty and whenever he died he would quit the playthrough and start a new one with a brand new character build as if the previous character is permanently dead. Something similar to that could be done with a survival game.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Nich2440 said:

I saw a streamer do something interesting with Fallout 4. He played on the hardest difficulty and whenever he died he would quit the playthrough and start a new one with a brand new character build as if the previous character is permanently dead. Something similar to that could be done with a survival game.

It's often called "Ironman" mode. Can't load from saves, often played on higher difficulties and death = game over. I think that could be quite interesting to watch for games like Dark Souls, Fallout, Skyrim, etc.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Lately the patron goals have been marathons where he barely plays for 4 hours and just talks for 2 and never plays the game again. I want to see  anything other than him simply playing games. It is no longer entertaining. The commentary is also non existent. There needs to be more co-op play with people other than those boring friends he has. I think we need to see something other than games. I want to see more IRL vlogs or something. Maybe film himself trying to pick up girls at a bar. I would pay to see that and i'm sure detractors would too.

Edited by bongo
Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, bongo said:

Lately the patron goals have been marathons where he barely plays for 4 hours and just talks for 2 and never plays the game again. I want to see  anything other than him simply playing games. It is no longer entertaining. The commentary is also non existent. There needs to be more co-op play with people other than those boring friends he has. I think we need to see something other than games. I want to see more IRL vlogs or something. Maybe film himself trying to pick up girls at a bar. I would pay to see that and i'm sure detractors would too.

If you're bored of watching him playing games this is a problem with you, not Phil matey.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 21/11/2017 at 7:34 AM, Barbatin52 said:

OP (you sure act like an <FNORD> "O.P." ,  ;-) </FNORD>  ) , How about you make your own channel , get some friends (or backers) and do that yourself?

You 'd probably be able to turn more of Profit. ... jsut be surre to have support team, with you other wise you'll have to delay the realease for soem months...

 

 

 there are more important things to life than obsessing about games....

 

If not , it will just be you tangled in the web of phenom world as majority of huamn beings are.... not t to ad.. but YMMV,. It's all upt ot you though, I guess.

 

 

 

 

Dude... I'm trying to feel insulted but i can't, i'm catching an enormous ammount of second had embarassment for you getting salty over my post. I sincerely feel bad for you man, hope your life gets better.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Amityville said:

If you're bored of watching him playing games this is a problem with you, not Phil matey.

Will you please stop worshipping the ground Phil walks on for two seconds and have some critical thought? Phil's content has gotten stale. His patreon goals are the same thing over and over. Even his commentary has gotten lackluster and repetitive, but fanboys like you refuse to see it and insult anyone who does criticize him. Take a step back and realize it's Phil that's the issue, not the games and not the audience. He needs to break out of his rut, because people are getting bored.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Amityville said:

That sounds so boring to watch dude.

It's easy to know something without experiencing it but it deserves the same value and weight as it took to create the opinion. None.

Challenge runs of games can be silly, fun, or challenging. For example, Dead Space 1 has a trophy for beating the game only using the basic pistol you get at the beginning. It's very doable (common trophy) but it is still a challenge run technically because the game offers you other amenities you have to pass up. Challenge runs like this whether they're ironman style (hardcore or permadeath) or otherwise can develop a strong sense of togetherness with the fanbase. The fanbase sees and walks with you through problems which creates a real bond. 

I think the biggest factor here is that in order to survive, content, services, products whatever must evolve with the customer's tastes. Add to that, that you must tie your gauge of whether or not your strategies work directly to the outcome. If you keep hedging your bets and doubling down on something while declining in success with it for years it is hard to discern whether you don't care or have blindfolded yourself.

Phil is capable of great content, but most of his fans are his worst enemy. They'll keep encouraging him to do what a gradually smaller group of people want until he has nothing left but one or two fans actually supporting him financially. Some not because they prefer that content but that they prefer being big fish in increasingly smaller ponds.

His detractors brought attention to him, and he has since stated that he wished he handled it differently because I think with his degree he knows any coverage is good coverage if handled well. But his fans box him in, and make the walls smaller. Phil's older sense of humor is what made him popular. His different take on things than a lot of affluent little spoiled kids that could afford to be YTers before is what made him stand out. Phil himself being real, or crude, or just willing to roll with a punch. NOT his content being purposefully low effort or low quality.

I think we can all agree that any step in any direction is a better choice than doubling down again. Just make sure you measure and watch. Watch the correct metrics and learn from what is happening. Then you can decide if it's worth it to continue or not, and immediately switch gears to trying something else. 

This video is a perfect explanation of what has happened on YT over time organically. Everyone competed to be the best pasta sauce and through YT and Twitch people are discovering there is no perfect pasta sauce, there are perfect pasta sauces. Lots of niches that fulfill needs the people marketing didn't even realize existed because they were never asking the right questions. Now on these platforms the variety exists and each variant with an audience gets it and explodes. People who either strive to be the best generic or best at nothing get just that. Millions of competition, many doing better or more grateful, or harder working, or more skilled, or more storied, etc.
 


It's worth a watch. Not long but it'll blow most of your minds, and help you realize the right way to ask questions about what will actually help Phil.

4 hours ago, LastSonOfKrypton said:

Will you please stop worshipping the ground Phil walks on for two seconds and have some critical thought? Phil's content has gotten stale. His patreon goals are the same thing over and over. Even his commentary has gotten lackluster and repetitive, but fanboys like you refuse to see it and insult anyone who does criticize him. Take a step back and realize it's Phil that's the issue, not the games and not the audience. He needs to break out of his rut, because people are getting bored.

Phil isn't the issue, his content is. And who gives him the most feedback about his content? His fans. He's listening to them. Who doesn't give him feedback? The hundreds of thousands of people who close the tab, or subscribers who don't ever click play. You cannot listen to the positive feedback, someone will always have nice things to say and it only serves to trap you. You have to listen for criticism. At first you'll need to consider everything, even the shit you find inane. You cannot know it is inane (as opposed to just hurtful/painful) until you evaluate it. Some of his detractors are probably the best thing for them when they're not going full faggot mode and just hounding him like pathetic people who show their emotional baggage by finding people to dump on.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Amityville said:

If you're bored of watching him playing games this is a problem with you, not Phil matey.

I feel like you are a troll. All you ever post are one sentence contradictions to anything people post with no constructive thought. If you watch any of Phils commentary back during the Fallout 3 days then you would realize how much better it is compared to present. The inclusion of shouting out bits and tips and the constant staring at chat makes his game play unwatchable. 

There are two types of gaming streamers on twitch that are successful. The ones who play many different games but are charismatic and funny which attracts people like lirik. Or those who are masters of a single game and its interesting watching them perform at top level like Imaqtpie. Phil fits neither of these criteria. He plays all of these different games but its not fun watching him because he isn't interesting and barely talks he just comments on what is happening in game boringly. He is not a master of any of these games because he rushes through games to simply finish them as quickly as possible. 

This is why I think he needs to branch out and try something different. If you were here for his hate live you would have noticed it was an IRL stream and he brought in 2000 viewers and made a large amount of money. Imagine if he did more IRL streams with him doing interesting shit in real life. I feel like him interacting with people in public would bring in more viewers than him just playing video games. No one is saying to quit video games entirely he can do both. However at the rate things are going there is no way his channel will grow unless he tries new things. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, bongo said:

If you were here for his hate live you would have noticed it was an IRL stream and he brought in 2000 viewers and made a large amount of money. Imagine if he did more IRL streams with him doing interesting shit in real life. I feel like him interacting with people in public would bring in more viewers than him just playing video games. 

I think this example goes to show that doing something different can bring in the viewers and dollars. His same ~200 regulars, and ~10 major supporters didn't net him all that money, it was the odds that come with a larger audience. 2k randoms will always bring him more money, better feedback, and a healthier community than a small stale group of people who are the same amount of loser that the detractors are, just on the other side of the fence.

Gotta give you an agree react for seeing that bit even if I disagree with the rest.

Edited by SarynPrime
adding last sentence
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, LastSonOfKrypton said:

Will you please stop worshipping the ground Phil walks on for two seconds and have some critical thought? Phil's content has gotten stale. His patreon goals are the same thing over and over. Even his commentary has gotten lackluster and repetitive, but fanboys like you refuse to see it and insult anyone who does criticize him. Take a step back and realize it's Phil that's the issue, not the games and not the audience. He needs to break out of his rut, because people are getting bored.

Hell NO I won't stop supporting Phil because of the cool kids who think its cool to hate the King of Hate.

Edited by Amityville
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bongo said:

I feel like you are a troll. 

You ever played Skyrim? The first time you came across a Frost troll? That's me, because all the rule breaking and insults you throw at me make less than 1% damage to my health. I'm a fan of Phil and there's only one thing you can do about it; 1) like it. Same with the other fans. You guys are so disgusted whenever we say good things about the streamers we love and its about time you look in the mirror. This is 100% your issue and thats outside the box of your comfort. 

Edited by Amityville
Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Amityville said:

You ever played Skyrim? The first time you came across a Frost troll? That's me, because all the rule breaking and insults you throw at me make less than 1% damage to my health. I'm a fan of Phil and there's only one thing you can do about it; 1) like it. Same with the other fans. You guys are so disgusted whenever we say good things about the streamers we love and its about time you look in the mirror. This is 100% your issue and thats outside the box of your comfort. 

You are exactly the kind of fan Phil doesn't need. The white knight who'll blindly support whatever Phil does no matter what. You make him feel good in the short term, but ultimately end up killing him. What Phil needs right now is criticism, suggestions for improvement, not blind praise. But it's clear you think Phil's doing fine despite the fact he may lose his house, is only staying afloat because of fans giving him money, and has to work constantly to make a living. So go on, keep enabling him. Keep telling him everything's fine and he doesn't need to change. It'll be your fault when he loses everything.

  • Upvote 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, LastSonOfKrypton said:

You are exactly the kind of fan Phil doesn't need. The white knight who'll blindly support whatever Phil does no matter what. You make him feel good in the short term, but ultimately end up killing him. What Phil needs right now is criticism, suggestions for improvement, not blind praise. But it's clear you think Phil's doing fine despite the fact he may lose his house, is only staying afloat because of fans giving him money, and has to work constantly to make a living. So go on, keep enabling him. Keep telling him everything's fine and he doesn't need to change. It'll be your fault when he loses everything.

I don't take issue with how passionately he supports Phil it's the disgusting nature of how he does it. If he agrees with Phil's every move that's ok and normal. It's his opinion, and whether it is valid or not is an issue for another topic on another day. The issue is how ready he is to cannibalize the rest of the fanbase which has even slightly differing opinions. His spergout above about him being some invincible enemy that you cannot hurt comes off as cringy jr high anime chuunibyou. 


https://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/powerlisting/images/a/af/Battle_Healing.gif

He's engaging in some epic battle and winning despite your opposition. It's a mindset that tends to attract other deluded kids as well, and unfortunately because Phil stands in the place he does about living in the face of adversity from people who dislike him, wears that as a badge of honor, he's going to attract little guppies who want to identify as that.

People who agree with Phil's content as is or stuff like that, whatever. It's up to Phil to decide which audience is more valuable. If he wants a few teenagers who repulse other fans, so be it. He'll cater to them. If he doesn't so be it, he'll do other stuff to try to make his brand more viable. That's not for us, nor should we care either. As much as we may enjoy Phil's content if he decides we aren't the audience for him and caters to someone else we can stay around for stuff we admittedly don't want or we can go find it elsewhere in the plethora of content creators across the internet. I'm still hanging in because Phil IS changing right now and trying to engage his fanbase outside of the easy grooves of paytreon, tips, bits that he has been and it gives me hope he'll dig into his business as he did before. Give us his good humor, enjoying the games instead of just playing what will draw the most search result hits.

Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, LastSonOfKrypton said:

You are exactly the kind of fan Phil doesn't need. The white knight who'll blindly support whatever Phil does no matter what. You make him feel good in the short term, but ultimately end up killing him. What Phil needs right now is criticism, suggestions for improvement, not blind praise. But it's clear you think Phil's doing fine despite the fact he may lose his house, is only staying afloat because of fans giving him money, and has to work constantly to make a living. So go on, keep enabling him. Keep telling him everything's fine and he doesn't need to change. It'll be your fault when he loses everything.

What? You may want to keep taking the meds with those commentz. I'm literally one fan. It's great you think I'm that influential but I really shouldn't be.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, SarynPrime said:

It's easy to know something without experiencing it but it deserves the same value and weight as it took to create the opinion. None.

Challenge runs of games can be silly, fun, or challenging. For example, Dead Space 1 has a trophy for beating the game only using the basic pistol you get at the beginning. It's very doable (common trophy) but it is still a challenge run technically because the game offers you other amenities you have to pass up. Challenge runs like this whether they're ironman style (hardcore or permadeath) or otherwise can develop a strong sense of togetherness with the fanbase. The fanbase sees and walks with you through problems which creates a real bond. 

I don't really see it as a challenge run though. The appeal for me comes from permadeath and a bit of role playing. If Phil does do something like that I don't expect him to play on the hardest difficulty.

State of Decay is a great example for this style because when you die the world keeps on going and you switch to another character. I wish Phil made that an ongoing series. 7 Days to Die would also work for this as well. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Nich2440 said:

I don't really see it as a challenge run though. The appeal for me comes from permadeath and a bit of role playing. If Phil does do something like that I don't expect him to play on the hardest difficulty.

State of Decay is a great example for this style because when you die the world keeps on going and you switch to another character. I wish Phil made that an ongoing series. 7 Days to Die would also work for this as well. 

I like this idea a lot. I'd be willing to donate towards an idea like this.

Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Nich2440 said:

I don't really see it as a challenge run though. The appeal for me comes from permadeath and a bit of role playing. If Phil does do something like that I don't expect him to play on the hardest difficulty.

State of Decay is a great example for this style because when you die the world keeps on going and you switch to another character. I wish Phil made that an ongoing series. 7 Days to Die would also work for this as well. 

Do you see Phil breaking out from his shell and go full RP on his games though? THAT would the most interesting Phil could do for himself....but could\would he?

Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Ziggy said:

Do you see Phil breaking out from his shell and go full RP on his games though? THAT would the most interesting Phil could do for himself....but could\would he?

As a side series yes. Like a stream once a week or once a month.

The idea is Phil plays a game that is both open world and open ended where he role plays like it's real life. If he dies then the series either abruptly ends and moves on to a different game, or he starts it over from scratch.

I gave this example earlier in the thread but GTAV. Phil could go on a road trip into the country side and role play a story on the way. He'll have to stop for food, sleep, and gas even though the game doesn't have a meter for those. If he kills someone he's a murderer on the run. If he gets in a head on car collision he needs to get out of the car to exchange information. It's silly yes but also fun.

Plus Phil is good with improv so he can make a ridiculous story/adventure out of it.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...