The King of Hate Forums
MMMMagical

What is the most OUTSIDE-THE-BOX type of content you'd watch from DSP???

5 minutes ago, Nich2440 said:

So new idea. An IRL stream where he just chills on camera with the chat. Not like a podcast but like the pre-streams without the title cards. This could be done maybe twice a month and in exchange pre-streams can be significantly shortened resulting in an extra hour of gameplay.

I'd sign up for that. 

2 minutes ago, uppercause said:

Well after looking at the new January patreon goal I think Phil just doesn't get it. No one wants to see a redemption run of those old games. Honestly MGS is not a fun game to watch. Its boring. I'm not sure what audience he is trying to appeal to. Ahh well. 

Are you kidding? That goal is fucking awesome!

• Like 1

Do a podcast or a collab with a bigger Youtuber. Hes never ever done anything with Youtubers on par or more successful than he is.

I just saw the big December goal is an MGS redemption run? Who wants that besides EvilAJ? And I doubt he's paying 2,000 dollars for an updated MGS TIHYDP series. I think after that Dark Souls redemption run, nobody is interested because if the chat is on, there is always some one in it that can't restrain themselves from helping Phil. So it's not really a redemption run.

Edited by PelvicTrust

52 minutes ago, PelvicTrust said:

Do a podcast or a collab with a bigger Youtuber. Hes never ever done anything with Youtubers on par or more successful than he is.

I just saw the big December goal is an MGS redemption run? Who wants that besides EvilAJ? And I doubt he's paying 2,000 dollars for an updated MGS TIHYDP series. I think after that Dark Souls redemption run, nobody is interested because if the chat is on, there is always some one in it that can't restrain themselves from helping Phil. So it's not really a redemption run.

Speak for yourself. Lots of people have been asking for it and the Dark Souls Redemption run did really well.

It's not really "outside of the box" though unless stream chat is closed.

2 hours ago, ThatDogGuy said:

Scuse me but you can't sling mud at anyone the amount of times your posts are "Ummmm.... Okay. " or accusing the other guy of doing drugs like you did :laugh:

That drunk playthrough may be unique to DSP, cos I don't remember seeing it anywhere else. Like I said, I'll be getting drunk with him as it'll be over the Christmas holiday period where the time periods won't really matter. :smile:

Ummm....really.  Woof! posted “Is that you Mr. Makie” so I went along with it.  I never slung mud at anyone but other have towards ppl who were giving Phil advice to grow his Twitch fanbase.  

We all know damn well that Phil telling everything isn’t a good thing and he stated himself.  

If you think “Ummm...okay” is slinging mud then you need to grow up.  

Edited by moka'roka

2 hours ago, uppercause said:

I'm not sure what audience he is trying to appeal to. Ahh well. 

Probably TIHYDP fans, they will come out to troll cheer him in droves.

I've summarized what are (IMO) the best ideas in this thread.

On 11/11/2017 at 0:23 AM, Nich2440 said:

Why not doing something out of the box that can be lived streamed? Like role playing in an open world game. Sometimes when I'm board I play GTA and obey traffic laws, change clothes, and have a regular sleep schedule in between missions.

Yes. I'm using my own suggestion but I still think this is a great one. Phil has NEVER done anything like this before but I feel like it would fit his style perfectly. He could start by role playing adventures in single player and then maybe try joining an actual role play server.

On 11/12/2017 at 3:48 AM, VertigoTeaparty said:

You can but my understanding is that very few people find videos this way on Twitch. He could maybe do a Vodcast but not sure if that works with uploaded vids. Twitch is also implementing  a new feature called Premiere where you stream a pre-recorded video for the 1st time. So it'll be like a Vodcast but it'll be a previously unseen video. Not sure when that feature will be available though.

This one can make edited content viable again. I'd say it's worth trying out with DSP Tries it.

On 11/26/2017 at 5:07 PM, SarynPrime said:

Challenge runs of games can be silly, fun, or challenging. For example, Dead Space 1 has a trophy for beating the game only using the basic pistol you get at the beginning. It's very doable (common trophy) but it is still a challenge run technically because the game offers you other amenities you have to pass up. Challenge runs like this whether they're ironman style (hardcore or permadeath) or otherwise can develop a strong sense of togetherness with the fanbase. The fanbase sees and walks with you through problems which creates a real bond.

Challenge runs can be fun too. He kind of did that with Black Mesa by getting past sections without crouch jumping.

On 11/11/2017 at 7:47 AM, Luckyfall said:

This could work, but to be honest anything that's not just the same old gameplay and that could be done on a livestream would be a nice change. No point in coming up with stuff for Youtube anymore so things like the IRL streams or maybe even themed weeks (A full week of nothing but fighting games, anyone?) would do wonders to keep things fresh in my opinion.

Edit: And yes, I know a week of only one type of game would probably drive some people away for the week but it'd also bring in new people that are fans of said genre.

I like how on weekends he does casual gameplay but he's been taking a tunnel vision approach to it. In the summer it was fighters and now it's shooters. Why does it have to be one theme at a time? There's shooters, fighters, racers, sports and MMOs.  How about creation games like Super Mario Maker or Minecraft? Or how about like sim games like the sims or stardew Valley? We already know that Phil likes party games like Jackbox. Or how about Dead by Daylight?

My point is there are plenty of genres and styles and they can be rotated every week. My suggestion is for Phil to pick is favorite "non playthrough" games, and draw one at random every Saturday/Sunday.

Has Phil ever done a sports game stream vs patreon supporters. I know he's done streams  like OverWatch with patreon supporters. I would enjoy seeing Phil play something like Madden or FIFA with his fans. To keep trolls out have it be higher than the $5 patreon pledge.

On 12/1/2017 at 8:08 AM, Nich2440 said:

So new idea. An IRL stream where he just chills on camera with the chat. Not like a podcast but like the pre-streams without the title cards. This could be done maybe twice a month and in exchange pre-streams can be significantly shortened resulting in an extra hour of gameplay.

He could do a IRL stream were he does his errands, such as grocery shopping or when he goes to get whatever item he hetting for DSP Tries It.  Hell he could even do a live “Cooking With The King.  “

23 minutes ago, ThatCatGuy said:

Nah, after that Final Fantasy Lightning Returns Unboxing video where he never opened the box and there was an alarm blaring in the background everyone pretty much never took his Unboxing videos seriously again..

Jesus Christ the Memberberries. That video is still Lengendary.

2 hours ago, ThatCatGuy said:

Nah, after that Final Fantasy Lightning Returns Unboxing video where he never opened the box and there was an alarm blaring in the background everyone pretty much never took his Unboxing videos seriously again..

Legend has it that if you look up, right above your head, you will see the joke in my last post.

3 hours ago, TheTruthCommission said:

"Out of the box"  How about unboxings?

Not worth it, most video games boxes only contain the health and safety leaflet, by the way I see the joke HA HA HA HA HA HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.

1 minute ago, Luckyfall said:

Most videogame boxes tell you to haul your ass online to read that shit. I think the only company that still has random stuff in those is Nintendo. Also didn't Phil just unbox his $300 headphones + the mod kit a fan sent him to go with it?

The only video game boxes with extra stuff in them nowadays, is the premium versions were you have to spend around £100.00, most people can't afford that, out of curiosity just opened up Mario Odyssey and there is only a tiny microchip in the box, although you do get a bit more in DS boxes, I remember getting a couple of booklets for Pokémon Sun.

26 minutes ago, ThatCatGuy said:

Instruction Manual (what the fuck happened to those?)

Tutorials happened. Publishers could spend a little less and waste less paper when developers started placing more information in the actual game instead. Instruction booklets just became useless.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, ThatCatGuy said:

Yeah that sounds right, still miss them even though I never used them.

I miss them too but I actually did occasionally look them over and read through them. 

42 minutes ago, Luckyfall said:

Big companies try to act "green" and have moved their instruction manuals online. I think at least Activision and EA have no kind of paper pamphlets inside cases anymore but rather just tell you to go to a website for the game manuals. The game doesn't necessarily have a tutorial even if this is the case.

Some of those companies are actually being "green" but I'm pretty sure there is definitely a financial aspect to their decision.

That is pretty crappy if they make you go online for all instructions and don't even have any tutorial of sorts in the actual game. I don't think I typically get games from those publishers though. Do they not even include advertisement fliers in their boxes?

Since the XBox360/PS3 era, manual related material shifted to ingame.  It's cheaper to write a few lines of code or add a PDF file then print.  Legally, they're still obligated to put the health warnings like epilepsy and so on in the boxed games.  Makes sense to have what would be deemed "manual material" added into the game, where the context is easier, also, given the limits of cartridges and early CDs, it made more sense to include a printed document that covered the content they couldn't include with the game.  Storage space was tight with regards to earlier consoles.

21 minutes ago, Luckyfall said:

Those few games I own from the two big companies I mentioned have absolutely nothing inside them except the game. Most others have a "quick guide" type of a manual with the essentials, while also mentioning that the rest of the manual is online.

And i'm sure a lot of companies actually do think of their decision as something that's supposed to help cut down the usage of paper. I wouldn't bet on it when it comes to Activision or EA though.

Ah, gotcha. Cool

On 12/10/2017 at 9:21 AM, ThatBatGuy said:

Since the XBox360/PS3 era, manual related material shifted to ingame.  It's cheaper to write a few lines of code or add a PDF file then print.  Legally, they're still obligated to put the health warnings like epilepsy and so on in the boxed games.  Makes sense to have what would be deemed "manual material" added into the game, where the context is easier, also, given the limits of cartridges and early CDs, it made more sense to include a printed document that covered the content they couldn't include with the game.  Storage space was tight with regards to earlier consoles.

Also..... A lot of ppl didn’t even looking at thr manuals and just pop thr game into the system and played the game.  I’m also guessing that a lot of companies are becomkng green and don’t want to waste paper on something ppl may not even look at.

So I'm expanding one of my ideas.

I was just searching for some last minute nominations for the upcoming marathon and I found a new article suggesting Christmas games. One of them was Super Mario Odyssey's snow kingdom. Since I haven't watched the playthrough because I'd like to play it myself, I wasn't sure if Phil completed everything in that area. If he did I figured he could just dick around for a bit.

But Phil has a Christmas IRL stream coming up. So that got me thinking, when he does IRL streams why doesn't he play a game while doing it? Basically it wouldn't be a playthrough or competitive and he wouldn't really need to focus on the game. Just mess around while chilling and talking with the chat. It wouldn't matter what he plays. It would just give us something else to watch while he talks.

The idea is he does that once a week. Perhaps Sunday. In exchange the pre-streams on the daily streams get shorter with all that shooting the shit portions getting cut out so he can jump right into gameplay and get more recorded.

I was wondering if Phil ever thought about  attending a major fighting gane tourney that has SSF2ST.  I know that SCR had SSF2ST and Canada Cup also featured the game.  He could stream his time there with his phone.  It could also be a Pateron goal.  It could be like a mini vacation.