The King of Hate Forums

[1/20] [PS4] Resident Evil HD Remake Discussion

Started this playthrough today, here's the beginning:

Curious on your thoughts of the game as well as the playthrough itself.

My initial thoughts after 2 sessions:

-I like the new content a lot. It's very different from what I'm used to in RE1 and the remixed puzzles are not TOO difficult (a few seem pretty easy honestly). It feels like playing RE1 all over again from the first time, not knowing where to go, what keys open what, and what items to use on other stuff.
-Playing other RE games in the past 2 years are DRASTICALLY helping with this playthrough. Such as, repeatedly examining items you find, predicting "trap puzzles" etc.
-Those crimson head zombies and the bald ones that are fast - those are just weird to me as I'm not used to FAST zombies in an early RE game. Definitely ramp up the challenge a lot.
-Don't think I need to say it but, the graphics/sound so far are excellent.

What are your thoughts on the game/playthrough so far?

• Upvote 2
  • Phil pinned this topic

The game looks good with all them shiny new-fangled textures the kids hear about. Puzzles do seem a little dumbed down from before, not really anything to be too worried about. A few gripes I had with the playthrough was the reading, you read everything, really unnecessary, I can read man. Also, you picked Easy don't know if you're gonna fix it, but you should know dude, seriously. 

• Upvote 3

Let's not beat a dead horse anymore.

Fun fact for Phil: Had you went to richard before meeting rebecca, you would have not only had the opportunity to save him, he repays the favor during the snake encounter. Help him fight it off, and you would at a later point receive his assault shotgun, which is better than the shotty you have.

Also, you dont have to burn crimson heads. just decap or burn regular zombies.

• Upvote 2

The puzzles are totally dumbed down, though as said already. It doesn't feel like the original RE anymore. :( You do read everything as someone else said again. I also noticed you have chosen the Easy mode. Why? Was it an accident, or on purpose?

​Thats probably why the puzzles seem easy because it's on a low difficulty setting 

I haven't got past the beginning part of REmake(Gamecube) but i have interest on buying this on PS4...hoping i can at least get past the beginning. But staying on topic, i haven't really watched the playthrough but i have seen some segments of the streams. If i would be honest i know what would happen so i'll leave it as it is.

• Upvote 1

I have played it before on the gamecube version, Hell I still own it. I believe the reason the puzzles are easy to find depends on the difficulty and the knowledge one has of the video game...they added new locations in the game that they couldn't do on the original, the remake is canon  to the other video games of Resident Evil

I haven't got past the beginning part of REmake(Gamecube) but i have interest on buying this on PS4...hoping i can at least get past the beginning. But staying on topic, i haven't really watched the playthrough but i have seen some segments of the streams. If i would be honest i know what would happen so i'll leave it as it is.

​I still have the remake for Gamecube it's well worth the purchase, one of the best remakes in my opinion.

i was planning on saying something about the difficulty choosing but after seeing posts deleted.

i really should keep my mouth shut.

​Say it anyways, as long as you keep on topic you shouldn't have to worry..I think

• Upvote 1

I have played it before on the gamecube version, Hell I still own it. I believe the reason the puzzles are easy to find depends on the difficulty and the knowledge one has of the video game...they added new locations in the game that they couldn't do on the original, the remake is canon  to the other video games of Resident Evil

​The graveyard was actually an area they were going to use in the original RE but was cut out during development. Also the remake actually adds new story elements to tie in with Code Veronica and RE 2/3,

​The graveyard was actually an area they were going to use in the original RE but was cut out during development. Also the remake actually adds new story elements to tie in with Code Veronica and RE 2/3,

​Yeah I know about the graveyard and that  the remake adds story elements to those mentioned game and don't forget about Resident Evil Zero and how it all ties to the series of Resident Evil.

• Upvote 2

​He should read up on the resident evil lore and from what I read on the net fans are petitioning to have a resident evil 2 remake at Capcom

​I would pay good money for Resi 2 & 3 to be remade like this.

Loving this playthrough. It's interesting to hear Phil's thoughts on it considering he played the original game not too long ago. And some of his reactions are priceless.

• Upvote 2

Loving this playthrough. It's interesting to hear Phil's thoughts on it considering he played the original game not too long ago. And some of his reactions are priceless.

​IDK if that would happen. RE Remake was a commercial failure when it was released which led capcom to go through the more action oriented routes with RE 4 and 5. Though the sales of Re Remake HD might change that I highly doubt it.

​IDK if that would happen. RE Remake was a commercial failure when it was released which led capcom to go through the more action oriented routes with RE 4 and 5. Though the sales of Re Remake HD might change that I highly doubt it.

​With such strong disdain for the action-oriented approach and how much praise this remaster of the remake is getting, I'm hoping if we don't get any more remakes that at the very least they take Resident Evil 7 back to the roots of the series with more of a focus on the survival horror aspect.

• Upvote 1

​With such strong disdain for the action-oriented approach and how much praise this remaster of the remake is getting, I'm hoping if we don't get any more remakes that at the very least they take Resident Evil 7 back to the roots of the series with more of a focus on the survival horror aspect.

​Well either that or just reboot the franchise, with how the story is going now you can't really do much else with it. Though judging from DMC's reception people aren't that fond of reboots. Though I will say it should stay with the same control scheme RE 4 and 5 had, tank controls are kind of outdated .

PHIL! :o

Please bring sackbiter back!!

The zombie dog you let in by accident!

I really laughed my ass off when the dog was still around on another stream. 

It kinda grew to me and he was so cute. Everytime you came in he was coming for you and wanted to play with you.

I miss him =/ so please open the front door of the mansion again to let Sackbiter ll. in.

Oh btw, Really hate that people think you play on easy -.- I mean come on guys, if a game has three difficulty settings and they are not displayed properly like "easy, normal, hard" than why are you complayning??? It is stupid if you have to look up what a difficulty setting means.

​I think he might play Resident Evil 2 Remake..But if I where  you guys and gals in this discussion I would look up the game...it's in beta there are videos on youtube and even pictures