The King of Hate Forums
Sign in to follow this  
gunnerman1400

Thoughts on the upcoming American adaptation of Your Name

I would like to know, if you have seen Your Name, what are your thoughts about the upcoming American adaptation of Your Name, produced by J.J. Abrams and written by Eric Heisserer(Arrival, Lights Out)? Despite not seeing the original yet, I'm really looking forward to seeing the American adaptation. I'm not the biggest anime fan and after the seeing the controversy behind the American adaptation with Ghost in the shell and Death Note(which I haven't seen yet), the resentment shows me that the online anime comm unity aren't open minded when it comes to anime/manga adaptations. With Dragonball Revoultion, I get it. Something that The Anime Man said is that we'll probably never get to making a great anime/manga adaptation but as a lover of films, I think we could at least try. It doesn't need to be great, but it can be good. Even if the adaptation sucks, we'll still have the original product and nothing will change that. (A shocking revelation, right?) Nevertheless, I will see the original Your Name soon and will wait until it's American Adaptation comes out to see if it's good. 

I'm curious cause it does have a fantastic writer cause Arrival (and Your Name has some time travel plot ele!ents in it) and JJ producing 

But if its good I hope people go back and watch the anime film cause its amazing 

And its one of the best films of the year 

1 hour ago, sateler96 said:

I'm curious cause it does have a fantastic writer cause Arrival (and Your Name has some time travel plot ele!ents in it) and JJ producing 

But if its good I hope people go back and watch the anime film cause its amazing 

And its one of the best films of the year 

When it comes to adaptation, it's all about getting good people who actually cares about adapting the piece they're working on. Someone told me that the people working on Dragonball Evolution didn't watch the anime. This practice I don't accept. If you are adapting a book, tv series , etc. you better study it.

Edited by gunnerman1400
Fix
  • Like 1

On 11/22/2017 at 5:24 PM, gunnerman1400 said:

When it comes to adaptation, it's all about getting good people who actually cares about adapting the piece they're working on. Someone told me that the people working on Dragonball Evolution didn't watch the anime. This practice I don't accept. If you are adapting a book, tv series , etc. you better study it.

Which is so weird of what happens with The Last Airbender cause M Night watched the entire Season 1 with his daughter