The King of Hate Forums
MasterOfAwesomeness

2017 Ultimate Video Games Battle (The Winner Is Revealed!)

6 minutes ago, MasterOfAwesomeness said:

Still got a day left in the semis, then we have a 3rd place match from the 28th-30th.  Finals begin on the 30th and go to the 2nd.

Good to know.

Nioh

Persona 5

Ok, I like Zelda and all but the game was a bit barren outside of towers, shrines and the handful of story dungeons. Nioh kept me entertained for most of the year and the DLCs added another 30+ hours onto the game. New game plus and all the different modes(Strong, Demon, Wise, etc) were leagues better than "Master mode." Nioh kicked ass.

While I really enjoyed Mario, I 100% it within a week while Persona 5 took me a month or so. I ultimately enjoyed Persona more and the story was far more intriguing compared "oh, let's beat up bowser. Again."

Edited by KGhaleon
  • Like 1

I have to get up early tomorrow for a doctor's appointment, so I'm ending the semis a few moments early. 

Semifinals Results:

1. The Legend Of Zelda: Breath Of The Wild (7) vs. 12. Nioh (1)

2. Super Mario Odyssey (5) vs. 3. Persona 5 (3)

We are now down to our final two as we have a showdown of two Nintendo giants, but first, let's decide on who's more worthy of going home with the bronze. 

Third Place Match:

12. Nioh vs. 3. Persona 5

Bracket: http://challonge.com/uexhc3f3

DEADLINE IS DECEMBER 30TH!

FINALS BEGIN ON DECEMBER 30TH, SO FOR NOW, PLEASE ONLY VOTE FOR THIRD PLACE!

12 minutes ago, MasterOfAwesomeness said:

I have to get up early tomorrow for a doctor's appointment, so I'm ending the semis a few moments early. 

Semifinals Results:

1. The Legend Of Zelda: Breath Of The Wild (7) vs. 12. Nioh (1)

2. Super Mario Odyssey (5) vs. 3. Persona 5 (3)

We are now down to our final two as we have a showdown of two Nintendo giants, but first, let's decide on who's more worthy of going home with the bronze. 

Third Place Match:

12. Nioh vs. 3. Persona 5

DEADLINE IS DECEMBER 30TH!

FINALS BEGIN ON DECEMBER 30TH, SO FOR NOW, PLEASE ONLY VOTE FOR THIRD PLACE!

Persona 5

• Like 1

Easily Persona 5. Multiple all nighters pulled for me, with no waste of time I feel, while I can't really get into games like Nioh anymore. I've tried both Dark Souls and Bloodborne and I just couldn't get far in either, showing that it's not my cup of tea. Won't deny Nioh's quality but I personally am not able to have fun with it.

• Like 2

Third Place Match Result:

12. Nioh (1) vs. 3. Persona 5 (6)

Congrats to Atlus for making a great game as Persona 5 will finish the UVGB as the bronze medal winner.  Team Ninja, on the other hand, should still get some love as their game Nioh finishes in the top 4 for 2017.  Now the match we've all been waiting for!

On one side, you have The Legend Of Zelda: Breath Of The Wild who has stunned us as the go to game for the Nintendo Switch, and on the other side, it's Super Mario Odyssey which has leaves us a great charm and impression for the Nintendo Switch.  Only one Nintendo legend can win it all.  Who will be the 2017 Ultimate Video Game Of The Year?!

DEADLINE IS JANUARY 2ND!

Finals.jpg

I love Super Mario Odessey 

But the Game of the Year for me is The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, such a fantastic game I spent countless hours on and has kicked my ass countless times with all 120 Shrines and almost every side mission and Even Gabon almost kicked my ass

• Like 1

A tricky choice for me, as both deserve to be GOTY. Odyssey had so much creativity put into it and it worked well across the board, while Zelda was able to not only change itself for the better, but raise the standards for an open world game in general.

I guess my choice would be on how much impact the game had on me, and that would be The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild. Sorry Mario, but it could literally be a coin flip at this rate xD

• Like 1

Pretty sure Nioh got more votes than it did, so I call shenanigans and demand a do over with different members.

Oh, and while I enjoyed both games I had the most fun with Mario. Zelda is great and I still haven't finished the DLCs, but I didn't like the lack of dungeons/interior spaces. Moons were far more entertaining to collect than Koroks too and there were more of them and they weren't impossible to find without a guide.

Mario Odyssey

• Like 1