The King of Hate Forums
Phil

Ask the King Ep. 69 - Feb. 22, 2018

Hey Phil, if your channel (DSPgaming) grew exponentially overnight would you still migrate to twitch like you said before or would you stay as it is and, perhaps, try and devote much more time to create new series and expand your empire on youtube? Thanks!

Would you be up for trying some speedrunning for a session or 2? What game do you think you could complete faster than anyone else? There's a wide variety of games with a speedrun scene. The streetfighter 2 arcade hardest difficulty scene for example has a few people running it

https://www.speedrun.com/super_street_fighter_2_turbo#Arcade_Mode_Hardest

Character: Claw

Played on Arcade [JPN][Emu] on 2016-12-14
in 10m 53s

Ultra streetfighter 4 has a small scene as well for hardest difficulty arcade runs

https://www.speedrun.com/run/y230555m

Arcade Mode - Hardest in 9m 52s
Character: Zangief

Controller: Classic Controller

Played on PlayStation 4 [EUR] on 2017-09-26

Hi, Phil. I was wondering with the announcement of the release date of God of War (2018), will you play through God of War II and Chains of Olympus and Ghost of Sparta, which are the PSP prequels (which are remastered in an HD collection)? Also, during the summer, for one of the downtime marathons, would you be open to the possibility of a WWF/WWE SmackDown and SmackDown vs. Raw marathon where you play through the story modes starting with Just Bring It? You could do one marathon focusing on the SmackDown games' story modes (which are PS1 and PS2-exclusive) and another focusing on the SmackDown vs. Raw story modes. Also, have you ever considered doing another playthrough of Legends of WrestleMania since your original playthrough got taken down? Finally, would you ever go and play the Mortal Kombat games that have cohesive story modes (Deadly Alliance to Armageddon) and do playthroughs of those? Along with Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe?

Edited by Gamingsuperfan98

Hi Phil,

What is your opinion on game publishers and their influence on the development of games? Over the last number of years, I've seen games that were rushed out to compete with similar titles. This obviously affects the vision of video game developers so do you think that those who invest money to produce games should take a step back and focus mainly on the logistics or do you think that, because of their significant investments, they have as much rights as the developers to steer the artistic direction of games? I'd like to hear your thoughts.

Thanks - Dean Jones.

Hey phil

There has neen a movement on the internet where people are claiming to be "woke". This movement claim that the illuminati exist, they have all celebrities under mind control programming called MK Ultra, all celebrites are satanists (a bit of a stretch but whatever) and some celebrities are robots. The evidence they have is clips of celebrities acting really weird in TV for example when wendy williams passed out.

My question is

What is your opinion on these people making these claims? Do you think that the mainstream media is hiding things from us to keep us under control?

Hey, Phil. Have you ever had any pain on your wrists/hands? Being that you play a lot of games in a short period of time, there is a chance of developing RSI(Repetitive Strain Injury) if neglection of stretching your arms occurs. Thanks!

Hey Phil, I have two questions but they're both connected to each other.  First, do you plan on playing the new Spider-Man game by Insomniac Games, and if you are, would you consider doing a Spider-Man game marathon leading up to it like you did back in 2012?  This would allow you to get through lots of other games that people have wanted to see you play, such as the Spider-man movie tie in games from the early 2000's and Ultimate Spider-Man, and maybe even Spider-Man 2:  Enter Electro on the PS1 even though you hated the first game.  

• Upvote 1

Hi Phil. Do you have any plans on playing League of legends, its free to download on PC and there is a wide cast of champions. I think it would be a good game to play with fans/viewers. 

On ‎2‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 3:40 PM, JakCooperThePlumber said:

Hey Phil, I have two questions but they're both connected to each other.  First, do you plan on playing the new Spider-Man game by Insomniac Games, and if you are, would you consider doing a Spider-Man game marathon leading up to it like you did back in 2012?  This would allow you to get through lots of other games that people have wanted to see you play, such as the Spider-man movie tie in games from the early 2000's and Ultimate Spider-Man, and maybe even Spider-Man 2:  Enter Electro on the PS1 even though you hated the first game.  

I would love to see that too.

Hey Phil, glad to see you back on Twitch and YouTube from your time off and glad you and your new girlfriend are happy together. During your time off, I was watching your Dark Souls Redemption run and it made me want to play the game, myself eagerly awaiting the remastered version of the game. With being a first timer playing the series, what tips and tricks can you give a first timer getting into the series knowing its difficult as all hell?

Also, knowing you are a pro wrestling fan, have you checked out Ring Of Honor wrestling and New Japan Pro Wrestling? If so, who do you enjoy watching? As a fan of the WWE's Ruthless Agression Era, you would maybe like seeing some American Strong Style or Japanese Strong Style.

Hey Phil 

i have two 

1) not sure if this is too political but what do you think of the fact that people like to use video games as a reason that violence occurs in real life. I personally think there isn’t enough evidence to connect the two and that other reasons exist why tragedies happen.

2) I was wondering if you used to watch anime growing and if so which ones. I grew up with Pokémon, dragon ball, Bakugan and have now recently gotten into yugioh. 

Thanks for the videos been watching since 2012 

Hey Phil been here since your first Infamous play through so long time fan.

Question 1:I don’t know if you heard about the incident between fox reporter Laura Ingram and LeBron James where James spoke out on his opinion of Trump(which he doesn’t really like him no surprise) and with Laura throwing her opinion saying LeBron was out of line and should “shut up and dribble”. What are your thoughts on Laura’s comments and with athletes and others speaking out?

Question 2:You’ve obviously played a lot of video games in your time and have your own opinion between a good game and a bad game obviously. Would you ever or ever thought of being a video game designer as in making your own or if given the opportunity being a video game tester?

Thanks

Edited by Terrell24

Hey, Phil!

With Mega Man X getting the Legacy Collection treatment much like the classic Mega Man series, would you be willing to do a Mega Man X marathon when the collections come out? (And yes, I said collections, as there'll be two Legacy Collections MMX.)

That would probably mean doing a redemption run of X6, since you were stuck on Blaze Heatnix's frustrating stage the last time you played it some years ago.

Also, will you be playing Mega Man 11 when that comes out?

Thanks! :)

This past week was a Stress Test for Sea Of Thieves for PC and Xbox One Players. With the continuous transparency in relations to Microtransactions and a large number of updates/content the Devs are releasing, do you possibly see this game becoming akin to PUBG for you in terms of the large opportunity of interactivity with viewers or solo'ing out while building yourself in becoming a "Legend" and convince you of buying the game outright?

Edited by God_Revan

Hi Phil.

I understand why you are skipping out on Monster Hunter, since its mostly just a grinding game with not much story. Probably not a great game to stream. But why are you skipping Kingdom Come Deliverance? I have put 36 hour into the game and loving it so far. Probably not a GOTY contender but its at least top 10. Really surprised you are not playing it since you usually play long single player RPG's (Witcher 3, Fallout, Skyrim).

Take care.

Hey, Phil!

Been a on-and-off-again fan since your Fallout 3: The Pit DLC (2009), appreciated your 'shooting from the hip' honesty and commentary even though it works both ways, hence the 'on-again-off-again' relationship.

I think another reason why I sometimes don't watch your content regularly is because it seems that you aren't branching off enough with your selection of games.

That's not to say you don't play some non-AAA games but it's why I said 'aren't branching enough'. I can't speak for the whole viewership but as I got older, the less interested I've become in AAA games and more into mid-tier and indie games (plus it supports them when AAA publishers make already too much money). The rare lack of innovation in this market and the toxic exploitative greed and policies of these companies have turned me and others off from the AAA space. Not just purchasing but viewership.

I know you to play those fan voted games to take a break from the AAA/big releases but a part of me feels like when they're not long Japanese RPGs (which you stopped playing) then they're infuriating games your haters purposely voted for to use footage and smear you with, and those videos become more popular than your playthroughs. Also they all seem to be old well regarded games (Sonic, Crash, Mario) or games you already did a playthrough a few years back (Dark Souls 2 SotFS)

I enjoy your current playthroughs from time to time but I think the last time I really had fun watching you had fun was when you had your indie marathons or played games like Undertale. I enjoyed seeing you get sucked into these strange but refreshing new games that the AAA market doesn't offer. That's not to say that every indie game is enjoyable. Many are bad but I also feel that you playing good indie games would make your channel feel more fresh and exciting given how you mainly have been playing AAA games with the occasional retro-replay for all these years.

So overall, the question is: "Do you intend to play more indie/mid-tier games to branch out a bit from the AAA and retro replay direction you've been doing for several years? Do you think it'd strengthen your channels with an influx of new viewers?"

Edited by RedTerra

Hey Phil what do you think of the shooting in FL? Do you think we should have gun control, I think if anyone wants a gun, they need to pass something like a test or drug test. Also ALOT more Security

Hey Phil,

Its been really good to see more positivity since your girlfriend has moved in. Rumor has it that Spyro the Dragon is getting a trilogy remake just like Crash Bandicoot did. Would you consider playing it if it was released later this year? On a side note I’m curious how you and your girlfriend met? Did she just message you out of the blue and kick it off from there?

Hi Phil, My first TV crush as a kid was a female Saturday Disney presenter, who would wear tight crop tops and mini skirts, which made for great spank bank material for a young whippersnapper, my question to you is Who Was Your First TV Crush?

Hello Phil longtime viewer since your Infamous 2 playthrough. With the somewhat success of DBFighterz it gained so much popularity that its being held in EVO2018 this year. With this raise in DBFighterz do you think more anime style fighting games such as the Naruto Ultimate Ninja Strom series or J-Stars should be more competitive in the fighting game scene? Thanks for answering my question much love 

P.S DO YOU KNOW how to change a tire lol take care