The King of Hate Forums
MoeMoeKyun

Can we please address the homophobia in a civil adult manner?

No, I'm not talking about Phil's recent use of the F slur on a recent pugb stream (though it did get me thinking about this), but rather everything else. Phil claims to have no problem with gay people, yet when faced with people he dislikes he often attacks them for being "less of a man" than him. As a male to female transgender fan it is disappointing to hear Phill yell and rant about how detractors, pewdiepie, etc are "sissies", "ninnies", "girly-looking", "fruits", "pussy", and will bring up the fact their "balls haven't dropped yet", as if something is actually wrong with choosing to look a certain way or have an effeminate voice. On that last point, Phil will even sometimes openly mock these people by speaking in a stereotypical gaymale or drag queen voice for added "comedic" effect. Now I don't think Phil's homophobic by any means, but I just wish he would think about what he's saying and not get so worked-up to the point where has to devalue the people he dislikes by attacking them as people rather than just by their actions.

Not to make this about myself but after a harsh xmas night of being ridiculed for my lifestyle choices by extended-family, the last thing I expected when I opened Phil's stream last night was him saying insults similar to the ones mentioned earlier towards pewdiepie, it really just reminded me of all the bigotry I just endured hours before. Again, I wish Phil would choose his words more carefully. I just don't know.

3 minutes ago, MoeMoeKyun said:

No, I'm not talking about Phil's recent use of the F slur on a recent pugb stream (though it did get me thinking about this), but rather everything else. Phil claims to have no problem with gay people, yet when faced with people he dislikes he often attacks them for being "less of a man" than him. As a male to female transgender fan it is disappointing to hear Phill yell and rant about how detractors, pewdiepie, etc are "sissies", "ninnies", "girly-looking", "fruits", "pussy", and will bring up the fact their "balls haven't dropped yet", as if something is actually wrong with choosing to look a certain way or have an effeminate voice. On that last point, Phil will even sometimes openly mock these people by speaking in a stereotypical gaymale or drag queen voice for added "comedic" effect. Now I don't think Phil's homophobic by any means, but I just wish he would think about what he's saying and not get so worked-up to the point where has to devalue the people he dislikes by attacking them as people rather than just by their actions.

Not to make this about myself but after a harsh xmas night of being ridiculed for my lifestyle choices by extended-family, the last thing I expected when I opened Phil's stream last night was him saying insults similar to the ones mentioned earlier towards pewdiepie, it really just reminded me of all the bigotry I just endured hours before. Again, I wish Phil would choose his words more carefully. I just don't know.

When did use those slurs?  I didn't hear him use those slurs at all.

26 minutes ago, MDCFAN101 said:

When did use those slurs?  I didn't hear him use those slurs at all.

"Sissy" and "pussy" were used several times last night. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FL9U6myIYz8

I can even think of a recent time during Super Mario Odyssey in which had him talking in a "gay" voice for an entire part, all because one of his FGC buddies was a transwoman and often spoke as such and Phil finds that shit "funny".  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CtLEojLy5cQ

These are slurs/insults and are every bit as harmful as using the F-word.

Edited by MoeMoeKyun

3 minutes ago, MoeMoeKyun said:

"Sissy" and "pussy" were used several times last night. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FL9U6myIYz8

I can even think of a recent time during Super Mario Odyssey in which had made talking in a "gay" voice for an entire part, all because one of his FGC buddies was a transwoman and often spoke as such and Phil finds that shit "funny".  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CtLEojLy5cQ

These are slurs/insults and are every bit as harmful as using the F-word.

I really don't consider sissy and pussy homophobic.

Anyways, they couldn't be as bad the shit I saw on some of the other YouTube channels in which I consider to be absolute trollish.

Edited by MDCFAN101

17 minutes ago, MoeMoeKyun said:

Phil claims to have no problem with gay people, yet when faced with people he dislikes he often attacks them for being "less of a man" than him. As a male to female transgender fan it is disappointing to hear Phill yell and rant about how detractors, pewdiepie, etc are "sissies", "ninnies", "girly-looking", "fruits", "pussy", and will bring up the fact their "balls haven't dropped yet", as if something is actually wrong with choosing to look a certain way or have an effeminate voice

To be clear, you don't speak for any other person than yourself. DSP has fans who are all across the LGBTQIA+ spectrum who have had no problem with any of his comments, including his use of the dreaded "Eff word." We don't perceive that he has a problem with us, nor do we have a problem with him. That's not to invalidate your view, but to put it in perspective.

From a Feminist perspective, it stands to reason that people who have no ill will towards feminine individuals would play into the masculine sorting device of referring to "detractors" of any sense as more feminine, and therefore, less masculine than oneself. It's indoctrination, and condemning any participant is a disservice to the sociological impacts of such a sorting device.

17 minutes ago, MoeMoeKyun said:

On that last point, Phil will even sometimes openly mock these people by speaking in a stereotypical gaymale or drag queen voice for added "comedic" effect. Now I don't think Phil's homophobic by any means, but I just wish he would think about what he's saying and not get so worked-up to the point where has to devalue the people he dislikes by attacking them as people rather than just by their actions

It's absurdist. The notion is so absurd, to mimic these people by putting on a generic voice with a feminine inflection, that no person in civilized society would take it at face value. Yet, you're taking it at face value.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, thatanonymouse said:

To be clear, you don't speak for any other person than yourself. DSP has fans who are all across the LGBTQIA+ spectrum who have had no problem with any of his comments, including his use of the dreaded "Eff word." We don't perceive that he has a problem with us, nor do we have a problem with him. That's not to invalidate your view, but to put it in perspective.

From a Feminist perspective, it stands to reason that people who have no ill will towards feminine individuals would play into the masculine sorting device of referring to "detractors" of any sense as more feminine, and therefore, less masculine than oneself. It's indoctrination, and condemning any participant is a disservice to the sociological impacts of such a sorting device.

It's absurdist. The notion is so absurd, to mimic these people by putting on a generic voice with a feminine inflection, that no person in civilized society would take it at face value. Yet, you're taking it at face value.

My thoughts exactly.

• Upvote 1

I can see where the poster is coming from though. A lot has changed the last decade with what words and more you can say online at times. I mean Pewdiepie himself has taken massive hits for what he'd say during a game (as we saw this summer and last year for a bad joke). So with a changing culture and more , words could irk people that is used. So I can understand her anger there. 

I do remember Jerry Seinfeld a couple years ago saying he was told he couldn't do a college show because the kids weren't happy with some of his material. And he claims that some things he'd do as a set wouldn't work now because that audience now wouldn't accept it and that he's had some younger audience people get mad. Because the world has changed and it did irk him to see those changes happen. Also in today's era it would be harder for Seinfeld to be made because of some things they'd do so the show wouldn't have worked as well with what they'd do.

Hopefully Phil can talk to the poster in PM and hash it out.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, RPGfan said:

I can see where the poster is coming from though. A lot has changed the last decade with what words and more you can say online at times. I mean Pewdiepie himself has taken massive hits for what he'd say during a game (as we saw this summer and last year for a bad joke). So with a changing culture and more , words could irk people that is used. So I can understand her anger there. 

I do remember Jerry Seinfeld a couple years ago saying he was told he couldn't do a college show because the kids weren't happy with some of his material. And he claims that some things he'd do as a set wouldn't work now because that audience now wouldn't accept it and that he's had some younger audience people get mad. Because the world has changed and it did irk him to see those changes happen. Also in today's era it would be harder for Seinfeld to be made because of some things they'd do so the show wouldn't have worked as well with what they'd do.

Hopefully Phil can talk to the poster in PM and hash it out.

That's not a bad idea.

I'm not homophobic. I've made videos for 10 years and never been accused of that until this day. That's 10 years, over 50 THOUSAND videos, and nobody has ever taken my comments seriously enough to accuse me of being homophobic. Until today.

Guess what? That says far more about the OP than me. There's nothing to discuss here. Some people are just too sensitive for the internet.

Thread closed.

• Like 2