The King of Hate Forums

Catherine Full Body (2018)

This doesn't seem like a controversy to me. Plenty of anime have traps in them, what's wrong with a Japanese based video game having one as well? Not everyone likes every kind of person out there, no need to freak out about that. But that's a game I'm getting next year, never got to play the original (xbox pleb with no PS3).

• Like 1

A pleasant surprise. I certainly didn't expect Atlus to do a 1.5 version of the game, but I'm glad they did. If I recall correctly, I was into the game enough to complete a Hard Mode run after Normal, and did 3/4 of the Tower of Babel, but I have to admit, I procrastinated with Axis Mundi and the trophies I needed to get the platinum. This is my chance to rectify that, and also try out the new gameplay additions.

Don't particularly think the story needed a third girl, but whatever. I was amused by the admittedly silly idea that they'd name her Qatherine, but her actual name is Rin. 

On 12/27/2017 at 4:40 PM, SilentWarrior25 said:

This doesn't seem like a controversy to me. Plenty of anime have traps in them, what's wrong with a Japanese based video game having one as well? Not everyone likes every kind of person out there, no need to freak out about that. But that's a game I'm getting next year, never got to play the original (xbox pleb with no PS3).

Its on Xbox 360 and BC on Xbox One.

On January 3, 2018 at 4:50 PM, MDCFAN101 said:

What do you mean by that?

Stuff like Ace Ventura: Pet Detective are examples in when a character is reveal as transgender, it's use as shock value. That kind of stuff definitely wouldn't fly today as it will come across as transphobic. If you want to reveal that a character is transgender, don't do it for cheap shock value like it's imply in the trailer because what's the point of having a transgender character besides the cheap trite shock that serves no purpose?

9 hours ago, gunnerman1400 said:

Stuff like Ace Ventura: Pet Detective are examples in when a character is reveal as transgender, it's use as shock value. That kind of stuff definitely wouldn't fly today as it will come across as transphobic. If you want to reveal that a character is transgender, don't do it for cheap shock value like it's imply in the trailer because what's the point of having a transgender character besides the cheap trite shock that serves no purpose?

I see what you mean.

• 2 weeks later...