The King of Hate Forums
Catastrapphi

Anime Conventions, Cosplay, and Nerdy Things

First off sorry if there is already a thread like this...

Are there any cosplayers in the DSP community? 

I am getting back into Cosplay and traveling to Conventions in 2018... And I think it would be cool to meet up and maybe make friends within the community... Another idea I had for this thread is maybe to share help and advice when it comes to making costumes and props. I've always been a theater child myself. Anyway I don't know what else to put here... Other than my first Cosplay for next year will be Me from Overwatch.

Any cons you going to? Any cosplay dreams? Or old convention stories?

On 12/29/2017 at 7:57 PM, Catastrapphi said:

First off sorry if there is already a thread like this...

Are there any cosplayers in the DSP community? 

I am getting back into Cosplay and traveling to Conventions in 2018... And I think it would be cool to meet up and maybe make friends within the community... Another idea I had for this thread is maybe to share help and advice when it comes to making costumes and props. I've always been a theater child myself. Anyway I don't know what else to put here... Other than my first Cosplay for next year will be Me from Overwatch.

Any cons you going to? Any cosplay dreams? Or old convention stories?

I went to two comic/anime cons, which were held, at a fancy hotel in the Caribbean. A friend gave me a free ticket, to the first one. Both were fun. I even got some free anime posters, and a free wolverine comic.

Some of the big, older guys, some in their late 40's, even bought anime movies and shows, to watch too. And they watched an anime called guyver, which was kinda interesting to watch. There were even a handful, of cosplayers there too.

I might not be, a super big comic book fan, like the people at both conventions, but boy it was alot of fun. I'm glad I went to them.:biggrin:

Edited by musicboy

On 1/27/2019 at 2:02 AM, musicboy said:

And they watched an anime called guyver, which was kinda interesting to watch. There were even a handful, of cosplayers there too.

"Guyver"? I watched that anime.

I like the 'bio-technology/bio-weapon/monster-transformation' animes, although you know they're going to have 'gore', which is cool. And also, the protagonists tend to get beaten really bad, at some point, adding more suspense to it, you really think that it's all over for them, and that adds to the quality of the story.

Guyver.gif

Edited by MoraMoria

21 hours ago, focusblast235 said:

Holy shit, cool!

Where in the Caribbean did you get to go?

The one I mentioned above, was in the tropical island of Trinidad. I had alot fun there. And the beaches in that country, are lovely too, especially when it's sunny.

And after attending, those two conventions years ago, I plan on going, to one of the big comic con/anime cosplay conventions in Japan, one of these days. Since that is amazingly huge, in that country. But moreso, to check out the latest games, since I like games alot more.

Edited by musicboy

14 hours ago, musicboy said:

And after attending, those two conventions years ago, I plan on going, to one of the big comic con/anime cosplay conventions in Japan, one of these days.

Do you know japanese?

6 hours ago, MoraMoria said:

Do you know japanese?

Not too much. But it is always good, to learn a language eg. Japanese, to a good amount first, before visiting the country, that speaks that language.

Edited by musicboy