The King of Hate Forums

ideas for interactive games

50 minutes ago, Meteo_Zegarra2018 said:
Counter-Strike: Global Offensive!

How is this a chill and interactive stream? I'm talking about games with little to no action so Phil can focus on the chat.

Golf with Friends is another one I suggest.

Edited by Nich2440

Escape From Tarkov is another one that's pretty popular. https://www.escapefromtarkov.com/ From what I am to understand you can play the beta if you pre-order it.

It's an open world, multiplayer, tactical first person shooter. I'd say it's like PUBG mixed with Far Cry. What interests me about the game come from the description on the site. "Cooperate with strangers or get shot by your friend in the back - there are no rules." So basically it's like a multiplayer TWD. Can't trust anyone.

It's a consistently trending game so I think Phil shouldn't miss out.

Although it is a graphically intensive game on PC only. So I would recommend that Phil do what he was going to do with PUBG. Stream but not record and then make highlights out of the archives to upload to YouTube.

• 1 month later...

Bringing this thread back from the dead. Here's my opinion on PUBG. I don't see them as a PUBG streams. I see it as a wild card stream. The point is to talk with Phil and not to watch a playthrough.

To make these streams better I'd say that the game that is being played should completely random. It could be PUBG. But it could also be trophy hunting or a completionist run. Like say getting all the collectibles in Super Mario Odyssey. Or maybe playing games on a harder difficulty (Resident Evil Remastered). It could be a competitive shooter or fighter. Or it can be more of a Strategy multiplayer game like Dead by Daylight.

The charm is that it doesn't matter what you play. The stream is for chat discussion but the game is white noise.

I hate the word interactive in the sense Phil uses it. Its like he's unable to entertain the stream chat if there isn't massive amounts of time between action in the game. If Angry Video Game Nerd can entertain his fanbase by playing shitty games from 20 years before and with no streaming available during his time and become a legend, then DSP should be able to do the same as an entertainer with all the tools available today that weren't available 10-13 years ago.

• Like 3
3 hours ago, moka'roka said:

Any game can be interactive.  It’s up to the streamer if they are willing to interactive with chat during gameplay.

But it's incredibly harder for games that require you to focus whether it's intensive combat or a story.

It's actually impossible to multitask without dividing your attention.

11 minutes ago, Nich2440 said:

But it's incredibly harder for games that require you to focus whether it's intensive combat or a story.

I'd say that it's easier when having co-op commentary because you can bounce off of each other, and you could have that other person looking at the comments themselves and talking about it for Phil, which Phil can respond if he wishes. It would let him focus on the game more and still keeping the interactivity people want. I've seen other streamers do that and it works pretty well imo.

16 minutes ago, SilentWarrior25 said:

I'd say that it's easier when having co-op commentary because you can bounce off of each other, and you could have that other person looking at the comments themselves and talking about it for Phil, which Phil can respond if he wishes. It would let him focus on the game more and still keeping the interactivity people want. I've seen other streamers do that and it works pretty well imo.

Well them tomorrow should go swimmingly. ;)

15 hours ago, iHeartNickelback said:

I hate the word interactive in the sense Phil uses it. Its like he's unable to entertain the stream chat if there isn't massive amounts of time between action in the game. If Angry Video Game Nerd can entertain his fanbase by playing shitty games from 20 years before and with no streaming available during his time and become a legend, then DSP should be able to do the same as an entertainer with all the tools available today that weren't available 10-13 years ago.

yeah i agree. if the streamer/youtuber hes entertainer and talented, it should be no problem for him to do a fun interactive stream with any kind of game

11 hours ago, SilentWarrior25 said:

yes, co-op commentary is easier, but it doesn't mean that the stream would be entertaining.

On 3/19/2018 at 7:09 PM, Nich2440 said:

You're quite right in that it's difficult to play a game well while also reading and interacting with chat. It's something I struggle with as I'm bad at multitasking in general. However, being able to talk with the stream while playing at a decent level is one major factor that separates the great streamers from everyone else. Being able to read, respond to, and flow with chat is one of the qualities that can make even a bad game fun and keeps people coming back. As a streamer, if your chat is talking about something off-the-wall, it's on you to either take that convo and run with it or steer it in the direction you want.

"Interactive games" in the context it's being used here seems to be synonymous with "boring games" or "games with lots of dead time;" ie PUBG, Hearthstone, etc. IMO more effort should be spent on getting good at interacting with chat during interesting games than finding boring games that rely on chat to keep things interesting.

Of course some people will only watch a stream if it's a game they enjoy so you'll lose out on those folks no matter what. However, it's the streamer's JOB to keep things fun and entertaining; No one else's. 

That said, if you want some games which are slower paced that would be easy to keep up with chat; Minecraft, Stardew Valley, city builders, Civilization, MMOs, Hearthstone, Gwent, survival games (ARK, Subnautica, Conan, etc.,).

Edited by VertigoTeaparty
Grammar
  • Like 1

Alright I don't get this at all. Phil likes Sea of Thieves. The game is now one of the top games on Twitch. It could work for an interactive stream.

"I've see everything and there's hardly any encounters so it's boring"

*Goes back to PUBG even though he hates it because there's downtime*

How does this make any sense? 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Nich2440 said:
Alright I don't get this at all. Phil likes Sea of Thieves.

Um, what? I've played it for 2 sessions, flubbed through doing stuff and finally figured it out, and am just now finishing up every kind of mission there is. While playing, I've heavily criticized how repetitive it is, and how incredibly simple the combat engine is. And that the world is empty and there are no other ships. And that your quest rewards don't work correctly (yet). And that I'm happy that I didn't pay for the game, because it does seem incredibly empty/lacking on content that would compel anyone to play it more than a few times.

"Phil likes Sea of Thieves"

I like exploring new games for a few session and seeing what they have to offer, because of genuine curiosity and the exploration aspect. That doesn't mean I like every single game that I play. It just means I tolerate them and treat them fairly until I'm ready to formulate an opinion. Sea of Thieves, if there really is only the Kraken/storm and high-level questing (which requires you to get to LEVEL FIFTY at all 3 factions before it unlocks) is really all that's left, then there's zero reason for me to play this game.

It's not like PUBG where I can talk with people for 20 minutes per match - it takes concentrated effort to communicate with the crew to even do the simplest task, making stream interaction almost impossible. You would know this if you actually watched the streams or videos.

7 minutes ago, Phil said:

Um, what? I've played it for 2 sessions, flubbed through doing stuff and finally figured it out, and am just now finishing up every kind of mission there is. While playing, I've heavily criticized how repetitive it is, and how incredibly simple the combat engine is. And that the world is empty and there are no other ships. And that your quest rewards don't work correctly (yet). And that I'm happy that I didn't pay for the game, because it does seem incredibly empty/lacking on content that would compel anyone to play it more than a few times.

"Phil likes Sea of Thieves"

I like exploring new games for a few session and seeing what they have to offer, because of genuine curiosity and the exploration aspect. That doesn't mean I like every single game that I play. It just means I tolerate them and treat them fairly until I'm ready to formulate an opinion. Sea of Thieves, if there really is only the Kraken/storm and high-level questing (which requires you to get to LEVEL FIFTY at all 3 factions before it unlocks) is really all that's left, then there's zero reason for me to play this game.

It's not like PUBG where I can talk with people for 20 minutes per match - it takes concentrated effort to communicate with the crew to even do the simplest task, making stream interaction almost impossible. You would know this if you actually watched the streams or videos.

Then how about you try doing a solo stream? If what you say is true about not encountering other players often then it would be perfect for Interaction.

And before you say the game sucks without teamwork that's a moot point because you play PUBG even though it sucks with the framerate.

15 hours ago, Nich2440 said:

Alright I don't get this at all. Phil likes Sea of Thieves. The game is now one of the top games on Twitch. It could work for an interactive stream.

"I've see everything and there's hardly any encounters so it's boring"

*Goes back to PUBG even though he hates it because there's downtime*

How does this make any sense? 

LOL that is pretty funny. How did you come to the conclusion that DSP liked the game from those tweets? Anyways, I do think it could replace PUBG for the interactive game.