The King of Hate Forums
Nich2440

ideas for interactive games

58 minutes ago, GuessWhat said:

LOL that is pretty funny. How did you come to the conclusion that DSP liked the game from those tweets? Anyways, I do think it could replace PUBG for the interactive game.

Ummmmm.....  all games are interactive.  The play interacts with the game when input commands on the controllers.  Also, I’m going to state it again it up to the streamer if he engages woth chat during a stream.  It’s up to the streamer whe that interaction occurs.  It can be during a boss fight or fandom grinding.  The game does NOT determine when the interaction occurs.  Unless there is a prompt on screen that says “interact with chat “ that I’m missing.

Edited by moka'roka

11 minutes ago, moka'roka said:

Ummmmm.....  all games are interactive.  The play interacts with the game when input commands on the controllers.  Also, I’m going to state it again it up to the streamer if he engages woth chat during a stream.  It’s up to the streamer whe that interaction occurs.  It can be during a boss fight or fandom grinding.  The game does NOT determine when the interaction occurs.  Unless there is a prompt on screen that says “interact with chat “ that I’m missing.

Where did I indicate that games are not interactive ? Also I agree with what you are saying. I was simply saying that sea thieves could replace PUBG.

6 minutes ago, GuessWhat said:

Where did I indicate that games are not interactive ? Also I agree with what you are saying. I was simply saying that sea thieves could replace PUBG.

Ummmm....I wasn’t trying to single you out.  You were just the last post the said interactive games, sorry.  Probably shouldn’t have quoted you meant to quote Nich.

Also, do I need to show proof that I have a badge on Phil stream chat to post in the forums.

Edited by moka'roka

24 minutes ago, moka'roka said:

Ummmm....I wasn’t trying to single you out.  You were just the last post the said interactive games, sorry.  Probably shouldn’t have quoted you meant to quote Nich.

Also, do I need to show proof that I have a badge on Phil stream chat to post in the forums.

It's cool. I have no idea about that.

1 hour ago, GuessWhat said:

LOL that is pretty funny. How did you come to the conclusion that DSP liked the game from those tweets?

Because he was having fun on stream. He seems to like the core gameplay. Also in relation to PUBG it's actually playable.

Interactive or not, just do something new. I don't mean new release, I mean when a game gets done sooner rather than later, don't default to PUBG or COD or games that we always see anyways. Be spontaneous and exciting. Make the people who go "man, I've been waiting to see Phil play such and such game, but he's playing Casa Bonita instead," wake up the next day and go "holy shit, I wanted to see him play that! I missed it?? I can't miss the next livestream then!"

It's a reason there's no imperative to attend a COD or PUBG stream. Miss it today? Catch it tomorrow. They're inherently missable. Even on Youtube, PUBG doesn't have that same appeal. Whether that's true or not, as he claimed his last COD session could be his last, that's the perception. Perceptions matter more than reality.

I don't even care if he plays a game I personally want to see instead, but it's day after day where people ask me privately "PUBG again? I liked it before, and I get it why he wants to play it, but I have no interest." Honest to God fans.

There's hundreds of free or inexpensive games on any storefront, including PUBG style games where he can interact with chat by shooting the shit with them when he plays it, or energetic, exciting games that people haven't heard about and will check out because of the curiosity and novelty of it. Hell, even interactive in the sense that viewers can interact in the experience are in that range too. Just browse the "all games sorted by price: lowest to highest" on the PSN store.

Warframe is free. It has fans. I know DSP has fans who are Warframe fans. He could even privately invite some to a party and play together. There's hundreds of options; if you buy Final Fantasy Dissidia for $60 and never stream it once to at least try to turn a profit on the investment, then surely some $2.99 game won't break the bank.

2 hours ago, thatanonymouse said:

Interactive or not, just do something new. I don't mean new release, I mean when a game gets done sooner rather than later, don't default to PUBG or COD or games that we always see anyways. Be spontaneous and exciting. Make the people who go "man, I've been waiting to see Phil play such and such game, but he's playing Casa Bonita instead," wake up the next day and go "holy shit, I wanted to see him play that! I missed it?? I can't miss the next livestream then!"

I don't even care if he plays a game I personally want to see instead, but it's day after day where people ask me privately "PUBG again? I liked it before, and I get it why he wants to play it, but I have no interest." Honest to God fans.

Yes! I completely agree with this! PUBG is great for interaction while the game is background noise. But the viewers are still watching a gameplay stream and it can get old after a while.

Phils's greatest problem is that he has tunnel vision. He sees that PUBG on Xbox One has bad controls/framerate/bugs but the amount of dead air makes it easier to talk and chill with chat but sometimes there will be an intense firefight which adds to the stream. He also notes that PUBG is popular and people enjoy the streams. Therefore he concludes that PUBG is the ONLY game that works for this style and decides to play it whenever possible instead if applying those aspects to other games.

What I see with Sea of Thieves is almost the same thing. If played solo there shouldn't be any problems with interacting with the chat. According to him you rarely encounter players so the streams can be spent looting for treasure while talking with chat and there may be a player encounter once in awhile to liven things up. However Sea of thieves does not have the framerate and bugs that makes the game broken. So theoretically the game would be better than PUBG. Yet in this case it's too boring because it doesn't have enough content (BTW PUBG only has one map on Xbox ATM).

Now if his problem is that he already owns PUBG and for Sea of Thieves he would have to constantly play $10 to play then I would understand. But In my personal opinion the ideal coarse of action would to take one day a week to play competitive/salty games (CoD, Street Fighter) and another day for chill/interactive games (PUBG/Sea of Thieves) with the games being rotated each week. The rest of the week will be reserved for playthroughs.

I will say however that I like he's taking the time to do a formal(ish) review of the game live. I hope this becomes a common thing. Just so we're clear I'm not saying do an edited video. I'm saying do a standard vlog.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Nich2440 said:

What I see with Sea of Thieves is almost the same thing. If played solo there shouldn't be any problems with interacting with the chat. According to him you rarely encounter players so the streams can be spent looting for treasure while talking with chat and there may be a player encounter once in awhile to liven things up.

That's pretty much why I mention Warframe. It could so easily be the new PUBG for him, it's free, he has fans who like it already, and it's got constant, yet repetitive content.

Above all else, it has a freshness to it that people would appreciate. Not fresh as in just released, but fresh for his perspective and content catalog. Sea of Thieves too.

Also, there's a bunch of retro games on PSN he could check out, if not only for one-day-a-week variety streams, but for a running theme through a short week in order to help market the new retro themed Teespring items. People were asking me, "when did he do a retro game recently?" in somewhat confusion. There's so many accessible options, why not? Even if it only sells one shirt, why not? Not to mention, such games have mass appeal already.

Pac-Man would be perfect. Tetris would be perfect. Both cheap and easy to find.

"I already own this, I don't own that" shouldn't be an issue; he bought a full priced game he can use for this purpose that he hasn't and probably won't play anyways. What's $4.99 or $7.99 when $59.99 is dispensable?

Edited by thatanonymouse

1 hour ago, thatanonymouse said:

That's pretty much why I mention Warframe. It could so easily be the new PUBG for him, it's free, he has fans who like it already, and it's got constant, yet repetitive content.

Above all else, it has a freshness to it that people would appreciate. Not fresh as in just released, but fresh for his perspective and content catalog. Sea of Thieves too.

what is Warframe like? I always assumed it was fast paced action.

27 minutes ago, Nich2440 said:

what is Warframe like? I always assumed it was fast paced action.

You're running around these crazy fucking sci-fi dungeons. The best parts of Destiny meet the best parts of a Bethesda RPG, but it's totally free and has a lively, great community. It can be easily treated as mindless fun like PUBG where you're just following the objective markers and talking to chat or your party.

1 minute ago, thatanonymouse said:

You're running around these crazy fucking sci-fi dungeons. The best parts of Destiny meet the best parts of a Bethesda RPG, but it's totally free and has a lively, great community. It can be easily treated as mindless fun like PUBG where you're just following the objective markers and talking to chat or your party.

But is it like PUBG in the sense where there are grindy moments in between the action?

7 minutes ago, Nich2440 said:

But is it like PUBG in the sense where there are grindy moments in between the action?

If you mean running around, doing nothing, then there can be. There are plenty missions where you're basically running from objective to objective, doing nothing. The combat itself is grindy while reward, cinematic, and energetic even with it being very competently designed.

It's especially easy if you join a public server, and there's enough activity that he doesn't have to worry about randomly matchmaking with trolls. The people in public servers tend to be bumrushing on earlier levels so as to grind their warframe for credits to buy new cosmetics. It makes the game a cakewalk if you want it to be PUBG-like for a stream. It's got such an array of challenge to mindless run and gun action that it could be PUBG except actually fun for DSP.

I could be totally wrong, like I said, I just figure that ANYTHING new would be great. Esspecially since Burnout and Sea of Thieves only lasted 2-3 streams. It's when he does a poll of Heavy Rain/Bully that he breaks Twitter poll records, not COD/PUBG/USF2.

Even then, it's the one he rarely plays that won the poll. That seems to reinforce the notion of novelty and variety yielding higher interest.

Edited by thatanonymouse

So it's disappointing that Sea of Thieves didn't work out. I still don't get how Phil can play PUBG, an nonfunctional game with one map but drop Sea of Thieves because there isn't enough content despite the fact that the core mechanics preform well. But whatever. I respect his decision. But I still stand by what I said. The interactive streams are good once or twice a week but when the game is always PUBG it get repetitive. It should be rotated in with other games.

Here's some suggestions for more games with downtime.

• The Witness - A very relaxing puzzle game. There is no tutorial. You are expected to learn the mechanics of the puzzles through trial/error and discovery. This will be a great series for Phil to play at his own pace. There's no combat what so ever so it is perfect for interaction as long as chat does not spoil or explain puzzles.
  • Stardew Valley - Gameplay consists of micromanaging your farm which is great for Phil's new interactive style.
  • Undertale Genocide run - The genocide run requires that you grind random battles for 15 minutes - 30 minutes per area. The idea is you are killing enemies until there is none left. Those 30 minutes are perfect for talking with stream chat.

2 minutes ago, Nich2440 said:

So it's disappointing that Sea of Thieves didn't work out. I still don't get how Phil can play PUBG, an nonfunctional game with one map but drop Sea of Thieves because there isn't enough content despite the fact that the core mechanics preform well. But whatever. I respect his decision. But I still stand by what I said. The interactive streams are good once or twice a week but when the game is always PUBG it get repetitive. It should be rotated in with other games.

Here's some suggestions for more games with downtime.

• The Witness - A very relaxing puzzle game. There is no tutorial. You are expected to learn the mechanics of the puzzles through trial/error and discovery. This will be a great series for Phil to play at his own pace. There's no combat what so ever so it is perfect for interaction as long as chat does not spoil or explain puzzles.
  • Stardew Valley - Gameplay consists of micromanaging your farm which is great for Phil's new interactive style.
  • Undertale Genocide run - The genocide run requires that you grind random battles for 15 minutes - 30 minutes per area. The idea is you are killing enemies until there is none left. Those 30 minutes are perfect for talking with stream chat.

I agree to a degree. Kind of unrelated but did you do some kind of formatting to the last two bullet points?

3 minutes ago, GuessWhat said:

I agree to a degree.

What do you disagree with?

4 minutes ago, GuessWhat said:

Kind of unrelated but did you do some kind of formatting to the last two bullet points?

I don't believe so.

20 minutes ago, Nich2440 said:

What do you disagree with?

I don't believe so.

To, the first point. He already explained why he keeps playing PUBG. In his opinion, there is enough downtime for interactive. I agree it would be cool to see another "interactive" game. However, everyone has there own preferences and dislikes. So the games you and I view as a good interactive game, DSP might not see it the same way. Anyways, about the formatting shit. If you look at the last two bullet points, it seems as though there is a white highlight behind them.

With the formatting shit, it is only visible when you look at the post I quoted you in.

Edited by GuessWhat

11 minutes ago, GuessWhat said:

To, the first point. He already explained why he keeps playing PUBG. In his opinion, there is enough downtime for interactive.

I get that. But why not play a game with downtime that also isn't a shitty game? IMO Sea of Thieves would have worked for a solo play.

11 minutes ago, Nich2440 said:

I get that. But why not play a game with downtime that also isn't a shitty game? IMO Sea of Thieves would have worked for a solo play.

IDK. Because when it comes down to it, he will get the feeling if a game is like that or not. I'm not trying to argue with you. I already stated that I agreed with you somewhat. Anyways, look at where I quoted you and there were bulletpoints the last two have a white background behind the sentences

9 minutes ago, GuessWhat said:

Anyways, look at where I quoted you and there were bulletpoints the last two have a white background behind the sentences

I don't see anything

16 minutes ago, Nich2440 said:

I don't see anything

Damn, I can see it though. Maybe it is just something local to me.

Dumbshit.thumb.PNG.40d41f4772c19b65fd7b5fa0d888b538.PNG

Just look at it from an angle, man. I can't be that fucked up.

Edited by GuessWhat

35 minutes ago, GuessWhat said:

Seriously dude. You're eyes are playing tricks on you.

13 hours ago, GuessWhat said:

I see it as well. It's quite weird and only the last 2 points. I'm on Chrome/Mac if that makes a difference.

2 hours ago, VertigoTeaparty said:

I see it as well. It's quite weird and only the last 2 points. I'm on Chrome/Mac if that makes a difference.

Nah, it shouldn't because I am on win10. Cool, good to see I was not losing my fucking mind.

While I do not know of any games that keep streamers from interacting with their chats having watched FPS streamers, PVP streamers and even OSU! streamers manage it with ease I am guessing that what is being sought are games that allow for extended periods of time where the player can get by engaging in little to no 'gameplay'.  Here are my suggestions:

1) Minecraft ( the Apex of games in this arena...and historically the most profitable...though, unfortunately after so many years of bashing the game I do not believe this is an option for him )

2) Don't Starve ( This game is getting a Switch port which will make it relevant again.  During the night cycle which happens at regular intervals all phil would have to do is read out tips, cheers and subs while occasionally putting a log on the fire )The game has a Multi-player ( Don't Starve Together ) where his teammates could handle the important crafting while phil wandered about collecting items for them. 

3) LOL/DOTA2 ( The games are incredibly simplistic, easy to learn and as long as he hangs back, farms minions and runs away from the other players in his lane his team won't flame him for being farmed.  It has a HUGE following and I'm sure a good number of his fans play the games so they could tell him what to buy.  Point and Click fighting with minimal skills to throw doesn't take an inordinate amount of concentration allowing him to 'interact' with the chat the entire game  While they're are PC games, one does not need a gaming rig to run either.  Your basic laptop will suffice. )

4) Any 'sim' game ( ie Euro-Truck simulator or any number of Farming Sims ) 

5) Any open world sandbox game ( traveling, crafting, grinding puts the game on auto-pilot that he could 'interact' with the chat )

6) Fighting Game TUTORIALS.  Being a former Fighting Game Pro, I cannot for the life of me understand why he only plays matches and doesn't make Tutorials!?!  He could film them in the practice gym if he can't find anyone to spar with him.  In between tutorial bouts, he can 'interact' to his heart's content before going on to the next session where he demo's strats/counters/pairings.  The number of characters available, their individual skills and strats would allow for countless HOURS/MONTHS/YEARS of streams that would yield videos people who never even heard of phil would watch.  If I know anything, it is that Tutorials get Views!   He could go to the arcade he talks about and film matches there ON a real Arcade cabinet to show all the differences he constantly talks about.  There are many YouTube Channels that film themselves playing Arcade games in Arcades.  

7) IRL stream ( He doesn't have to stream ANY game.  IRL streams are in the top ten categories most of the time.  He is a 45 min drive from Seattle!  He could IRL stream from any number of locations.  DSP Tries It could branch out from Fast Food to REAL FOOD at a sit down restaurant where before ordering, while waiting for his food and then after the review he can 'interact' with the chat.  He doesn't have to drive either.  Uber, Lyft, heck regular old Taxi cabs exist to take people places.  There are some folks who stream their Uber/Lyft jobs!  He could go downstairs and stream IRL from his living room in front of his fireplace ( in the Winter that is ).  A 'pre-stream' that IS the stream from his loveseat where he 100% does nothing else BUT interact with the chat!

These are just some of my ideas.  It is hoped that one or more are seen as useful.

Edited by Bienenstich
Correcting the grammar mistakes of the first draft. I don't believe in letting a program like 'Grammarly' allow me to forget how to write properly on my own.