The King of Hate Forums
Nich2440

[POLLS] What should Phil play? (January to August)

What are YOU interested in?  

54 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Note: All the games posted above are games that Phil has mentioned in one way or another and have solid release dates. But feel free to post suggestions for anything else that you want to see.

Can we get this pinned?

Edited by Nich2440

10th year: Final Fantasy 4 is the only thing Phil hasn't played on video yet.

Downtime genre: Platformer, because it makes up for shorter playthroughs.

New games: DBFighterZ, Dissidia, Street Fighter (only interested in online play) and God of War (which Phil kinda has to play, since it's one of the most anticipated games of the year).

Edited by onorub

Since I picked Other I suggest Phil at some point should play Leisure Suit Larry Magna Cum Laude, it would be a perfect fit for Phil's commentary.

These are some interesting results. Seems like people are crazing open world RPGs and that survivor Horror, stealth, and narrative games aren't as popular anymore. Also I apologize because I forgot to include Assassins Creed Rouge in the poll. Sorry all.

Anyways here are my game suggestions.

Fallout 4 Or Skyrim - I think an second run as ongoing series (One stream a week) of one of these epic open world RPGS would be perfect for Twitch. Plus you can mix it up and do a different play style.

Shenmue - I know it's a Japanese game and 20-30 hours long but I still feel this would be a perfect fit for Phil. It's a mix of open world exploration (Perfect for chat interaction) with fighting sections (Rage + fighting game knowledge). In addition it's an epic narrative and even has quick time event cutscenes (Heavy Rain anyone?). It's got cheesy voice acting that's hilarious to react to. And of coarse Shenmue is coming out at the end of the year.

The game can be played with an emulator. There are two that I know of. demul and NullDC

Identity - I mentioned this on the podcast but Identity is an MMO but it's not like the kind with RPG combat or fantasy settings. The best way to describe it is an open world society simulator. There's a ton of features from karaoke bars, to books stores (With books that are written by the players themselves) and movie theaters that play real movies.

They're releasing the game in modules. In March they're going to release the town square which I believe is a no combat city. But they plan to release swat mechanics later. The full game is supposed to let you play as a cop, crook, or citizen. I think this would be great for interactive streams.

However it comes out on March 21st and is a PC exclusive. It could be possible if he streams and doesn't record but I'm not expecting him to rush to play it. Just keep it in mind.

Escape from tarkov - This is an open world tactile shooter MMO currently in beta which you can get in by pre-ordering. The game is focused on looting and survival in an apocalypse setting. Can either be played as a team or by yourself. Think PUBG but great graphics and it's not a "match".

It's been trending on Twitch for a while and yes it's PC only so you would need to stream and not record.

Edited by Nich2440

Heavy Rain would not make sense for a second playthrough. The whole point of it was the mystery-thriller setting.

Phil knows who the killer is and some of the things that will happen in the game

• Like 1

On ‎28‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 4:09 AM, LastRambo341 said:

Heavy Rain would not make sense for a second playthrough. The whole point of it was the mystery-thriller setting.

Phil knows who the killer is and some of the things that will happen in the game

If Phil does play it again, hopefully he gets another glitch like last time in the nightclub.

Phil says he's going to have a lot of dead time this year, right? He should take a stream out to play the rest of NiGHTS into Dreams's levels, since he bought that in december thinking that all the levels had christmas versions when only one did.

Honest mistake, I did the same thing a couple years ago. It's very short, too. He could beat it pretty quickly. I think it'd be fun. 

Edited by Louche

Here's my opinion for the next month Phil. Skip Dynasty Warriors 9 and Secret of Mana. No one seems to care. Instead find a downtime game to balance with Mario. Something that you can monetize on YouTube and hold attention on Twitch.

There is absolutely no new releases between February 15th and March 20th and you don't want to play a niche game. Might be the perfect time to start one of these anniversary playthroughs. In addition PUBG is getting old so I recommend playing a new interactive game on second stream.

i see no reason for DSP to go by this poll. The most popular options have EIGHT votes. He has far more than eight viewers, so this poll is inherently misrepresentative.

26 minutes ago, Nich2440 said:

Here's my opinion for the next month Phil. Skip Dynasty Warriors 9 and Secret of Mana.

I mean, the most in-demand genres are open world RPGs according to this poll, and Dynasty Warriors 9 and Secret of Mana are open world RPGs.

Final Fantasu 4 is an open world RPG too. If anything, that's where the demand lies. What was the point of the poll if we're gonna disregard the poll?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, thatanonymouse said:

i see no reason for DSP to go by this poll. The most popular options have EIGHT votes. He has far more than eight viewers, so this poll is inherently misrepresentative.

I mean, the most in-demand genres are open world RPGs according to this poll, and Dynasty Warriors 9 and Secret of Mana are open world RPGs.

Final Fantasu 4 is an open world RPG too. If anything, that's where the demand lies. What was the point of the poll if we're gonna disregard the poll?

I'm not disregarding it. The results show that very few people want to see Secret of Mana and so far 0 people have voted for Dynasty Warriors. Now why they don't want that but they want Ni no Kuni is anyone's guess but that's what the people voted for.

You seem to mistook what I said as "don't play open world RPGS" which is not what I meant. Also keep in mind that RPG counts for both Japan and western games. I imagine most of the people that voted for open world and RPG are looking forward to Far Cry.

18 hours ago, WOOF! said:

If Phil does play it again, hopefully he gets another glitch like last time in the nightclub.

Welll at least we have that statement docceed

11 hours ago, Louche said:

Phil says he's going to have a lot of dead time this year, right? He should take a stream out to play the rest of NiGHTS into Dreams's levels, since he bought that in december thinking that all the levels had christmas versions when only one did.

Honest mistake, I did the same thing a couple years ago. It's very short, too. He could beat it pretty quickly. I think it'd be fun. 

Ah.... thank you for suggesiton Louche... But did Phil ever even play nights into dreasm.... (are you sur etha thtis is not someother youtuber)

If so,  how did he do.....?

No Danganronpa V3? :P. But yeah his old playthrough of Heavy Rain cannot be topped. Even the new metal gear playthroughs are not as funny as the originals.

6 hours ago, Barbatin52 said:

But did Phil ever even play nights into dreasm

Yes he played it and it was a bit underwhelming.

6 hours ago, Barbatin52 said:

Ah.... thank you for suggesiton Louche... But did Phil ever even play nights into dreasm.... (are you sur etha thtis is not someother youtuber)

If so,  how did he do.....?

He played the Christmas stage in December but not the full game.

1 hour ago, Beholder said:

No Danganronpa V3?

As much as I would love to see that, the poll results show that people don't care for narrative games anymore.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Nich2440 said:

As much as I would love to see that, the poll results show that people don't care for narrative games anymore.

These polls represent less than a percent of his viewing audience.

4 hours ago, thatanonymouse said:

These polls represent less than a percent of his viewing audience.

True, but nothing wrong with people giving their opinion on what they would like to see Phil play.

• Like 1

One mistake I think I made with the poll however is I made it cover half of the year. I should have done it on a month by month basis because people's demands' change over time.

On Tuesday, January 30, 2018 at 9:27 AM, WOOF! said:

Yes he played it and it was a bit underwhelming.

Well sure it was underwhelming, Phil  only played one stage and not even the original version of that level. So, he obviously didn't see all the other cool boss fights/stages/music or cutscenes. I bet he'd think the final Boss is neat... once he figured out how to do it, that is. The game can trick you into thinking it's more complicated than it is. 

6 hours ago, Louche said:

Well sure it was underwhelming

Well the point was to play the Christmas stage. Not the full game. But it did give him an option to play the full game for downtime in the future since he owns it now.