The King of Hate Forums
Nich2440

[POLLS] What should Phil play? (January to August)

What are YOU interested in?  

54 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Hey Phil, I hope this helps. This is a graph of the games that will be playable when you come back on the 16th (Not including last cure)

https://imgur.com/a/XziDH

Based of what people voted to see, the games you have no intrest in playing, and the fact that people seem to be crazing an RPG playthrough I would say that playing Final Fantasy or Secret of Mana would be the best choice. In additional people seem to have interest in Super Mario RPG.

So my suggestion is to have two Twitter polls. One for a JRPG playthrough with the games being Secret of Mana, Super Mario RPG, or a Final Fantasy game (4, 7, or 9) and another poll for a secondary game.

my choices:

10th Anniversary game: Bloodborne.

everyone want to see that.

also, 100% honest here, I have mixed feelings about another Heavy Rain playthrough.

and nobody's gonna watch FFIV.

Genre for downtime: Survival Horror.

specifically, Resident Evil HD on Hard. Phil accidentally played on Easy.

Kingdome Come : deliverance

And by this I mean, ditch Skyrim Remastered and give this one a chance. it's hot stuff.

6 hours ago, kill-chan said:

10th Anniversary game: Bloodborne.

everyone want to see that.

Not me.

also, 100% honest here, I have mixed feelings about another Heavy Rain playthrough.

Only interested in seeing any game bugs, like in his original playthrough.

and nobody's gonna watch FFIV

I'll watch it, but I understand as a JRPG nuthugger I am probably in the minority.

I'm honestly shocked that FFIV lost the Twitter poll and Dynasty Warriors got second place. That's like the complete opposite of the results of this poll. Weird.

12 hours ago, kill-chan said:

Genre for downtime: Survival Horror.

specifically, Resident Evil HD on Hard. Phil accidentally played on Easy.

And by this I mean, ditch Skyrim Remastered and give this one a chance. it's hot stuff.

That's not entirely true. Past Resident Evil games had only had two difficulties. Easy and Normal. Because games were a lot harder back in the day the hardest difficulty was considered normal and the easiest difficult was still pretty challenging. When they ported the remake to next gen they added an even easier mode and renamed the difficulties accordingly. So Phil played the easiest mode but not necessarily easy.

That being said I do agree that he should play on hard. They change up with the enemy placements in the first third of the game to fuck with you.

13 hours ago, kill-chan said:

Well I don't know about that. I'd rather see Skyrim if I had to choose between one.

On Saturday, February 03, 2018 at 9:30 AM, Nich2440 said:

Well the point was to play the Christmas stage. Not the full game. But it did give him an option to play the full game for downtime in the future since he owns it now.

Yes, and Phil clearly thought there was either a longer stage, or multiple stages with the christmas theme. He was surprised when it was over, IIRC. 

I mean, it is kinda lazy that they only added the christmas theme to one stage. 

Legend of Zelda for the NES randomized. An emulation with a randomization of the shops, cave secrets, dungeon locations as well as randomizing dungeon rooms, bosses, enemies, items found in the dungeons and treasures. It makes the game a lot harder and even for veteran players, it's like playing the game for the first time, cause you don't know where anything is.

A tip to playing the dungeons, is clear every room, cause certain rooms that reward a special item for clearing all enemies is random as well.

This is probably a game you can finish in a single day.

Edited by MrPapaveraceae

6 hours ago, MrPapaveraceae said:

Legend of Zelda for the NES randomized.

Sounds like an interesting idea.

On 2/24/2018 at 8:24 AM, kill-chan said:

Already been discussed to death and we concluded it was a waste of time. 

2 hours ago, LastRambo341 said:

I have been told that Heavy Rain is winning, but it does not make sense for Phil to play it again

I would prefer Bully myself lot more opportunity for funny moments, than Heavy Rain and Silent Hill 2, which while they are quality games they are lot more linear than Bully, people are probably voting Heavy Rain because it's the playthrough Phil is most known for, rather than it being the most fun game.

3 minutes ago, WOOF! said:

I would prefer Bully myself lot more opportunity for funny moments, than Heavy Rain and Silent Hill 2, which while they are quality games they are lot more linear than Bully, people are probably voting Heavy Rain because it's the playthrough Phil is most known for, rather than it being the most fun game.

The Heavy Rain playthrough was fun because of the mystery and Phil's reactions.

Phil did not know what was coming up, the killer's identity etc. With the second playthrough, Phil already knows what will happen or will get reminded

• Upvote 1

I'm realizing that this poll I made was a waste of time. No one uses the forums. About 40 times more people voted in the Twitter poll then this. Since the data from this poll is irelevant I ask that it be closed and unsticked.

I'd be interested to see the result of a audience survey if Phil posted one on Twitter though.

28 minutes ago, Nich2440 said:

I'm realizing that this poll I made was a waste of time. No one uses the forums. About 40 times more people voted in the Twitter poll then this. Since the data from this poll is irelevant I ask that it be closed and unsticked.

NOOOOOOO SAY IT AIN'T SO!!!.

18 minutes ago, WOOF! said:

NOOOOOOO SAY IT AIN'T SO!!!.

Sorry but thatanonymouse was correct. 36 people voted in this poll which has been up for over month. The Twitter poll has been up for two days and has over 1000 votes.

my suggestion I guess would be to play some sort of game with build mechanics.  I know he's not a fan of minecraft but something like that.  the chat could make suggestions on what he should build bringing chat interaction necessary. 

• Like 1

On 2018-03-27 at 8:49 AM, masterxeon2002 said:

Fallout 3 for anniversary game. 

I would normally agree with you but he played it twice. Same with New Vegas.

I'd rather see a new run in an elder scrolls game.

On 3/13/2018 at 9:15 PM, PattonOswalt said:

my suggestion I guess would be to play some sort of game with build mechanics.  I know he's not a fan of minecraft but something like that.  the chat could make suggestions on what he should build bringing chat interaction necessary. 

StarDew Valley recently added Multiplayer (up to 4 players )  There is SO much to do in StarDew Valley, lots of 'down-time' and chat could 'interact' as to what he does ( crops, animals, fishing, mining, combat, crafting and relationships ).  He could join a max level save and basically wander about like it was a Walking Sim while answering chat cheers as there would be plenty of money, access to all areas and there are simple ways to 'power lvl' if he wanted to reach max lvl quickly or open up a save of his own to Patrons as a perk.  EIther way, he wouldn't have to do all that much as the other three folks could do the grunt work leaving him free for chat 'interaction'.

OR

Kynseed!!!!!!111one  from Loinhead Studios, the makers of the Fable series, which all but insures a great story with tons of fun ^.^

Edited by Bienenstich

Check out  Styx: Master of Shadows https://store.steampowered.com/app/242640/Styx_Master_of_Shadows/

it is on PS4. It's a third person stealth game with crude humor. Very old school stealth, fantastic level design with large levels and multiple ways of approach.

There are two games in the series, the sequel is called Styx: Shards of Darkness.