The King of Hate Forums

On the case of Phil's Plummeting Popularity and Morals

​We aren't.

Their has been numerous times that we were extremely civil with KG and tried to have an honest conversation with him.

Every time, he has shot it down and then continued to talk down about us.

I truly feel that if we talked to him one on one, a lot of issues would be brought to light and possibly resolved.

He still has an open invitation to do so.

​Guys...this thread is about Phil, not KG. If you want to have a discussion about him, do it in a PM, not in this thread please.

• Upvote 1
  • Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Congrats, you got the topic locked. Now you can go on with your lives instead of wasting your time here.

Seriously, Phil needs to make these conversations off-topic. They don't belong on this forum.

First of all, I think the OP had good points and I have no idea why he had to title the post negatively as he did. My popularity isn't plummeting, it's just been a noticed reduction in playthrough vie

One problem that I have with DSP is the fact that he always brings up his finances, I know that he moved but the fact this that is on him! he is a grown man and he shouldn't be bringing up the fact that he is in debt because of his decision to move, it comes off as whiny and it feels like he is trying to guilt trip fans into donating to his patreon. 

• Upvote 1

Ok, guys! Seriously. Let's not derail this by talking about KG. Let's just all admit that he needs to work on A LOT of things and settle it in PM. (Invite me when that happens). Right now, let's just look at his points from a purely logical standpoint. Just pretend it's not even KG, It's what I do. BTW, is it, for the other guys to make a thread about the problems of KG on the "other" section of the forums? It would stop people from commenting on here about him. Pretty please?

• Upvote 1

One problem that I have with DSP is the fact that he always brings up his finances, I know that he moved but the fact this that is on him! he is a grown man and he shouldn't be bringing up the fact that he is in debt because of his decision to move, it comes off as whiny and it feels like he is trying to guilt trip fans into donating to his patreon. 

​I think it's just the way he talks about it that might make it seem a bit guilt-trippy to some people. I mean, it's probably not easy for him to just come out and say "Hey, things aren't going too smoothly, I'm in some financial trouble, can you guys help me out here a little bit?"

One major problem that Phil seems to exhibit is his penchant for blaming individuals with reckless abandon. Take for instance his declining views being pinned on Toby Turner for his (and I do agree with Phil on this) "obnoxious face" being placed on ads that were mostly planted before every gaming video for a one month period. Fast forward to when Slowbeef and Chip Cheezum made their first Retsupurae video about him and soon after that AJ made his, now infamous, "This Is How You Don't Play" video and AJ received the brunt of the blame, despite his inspiration being that Retsupurae video, as his own words attest to.

Fast forward once more and you see him pinning the downfall of his previous forum on several moderators, Beechey, Hazz3r for a short time, Lemon, Wanglord, until he came upon the conclusion that it was one of them, without ever saying who it was. Thus leaving all three as targets to the rabid followers. Don't get me wrong, I like Phil. But the blame game is entirely too tiresome for somebody of my age. And I'm just a little younger than Phil.

​I think it's just the way he talks about it that might make it seem a bit guilt-trippy to some people. I mean, it's probably not easy for him to just come out and say "Hey, things aren't going too smoothly, I'm in some financial trouble, can you guys help me out here a little bit?"

​well honestly I don't think phil should be bringing up his finances to begin with, nobody cares. that's his business/responsibility not anyone els'. 

It's best not to talk about KG anymore. It's like I said before, he isn't a real fan of Phil. He doesn't promote anything positive for him. :unsure:

Back on topic, I'd suggest for Phil to go on the SoK Podcast or invite the SoK members (it doesn't have to be every single member. It can be just one person if you're comfortable with that) in your HATE Live Podcast. That way, we can clear the fogged up air and finally see some light in the problems we've been having the previous years. Every person who's defended Phil on the SoK Podcast has been treated with equality and fairness. Not one person has been rude. Not one person has been dealt with in a harsh way to promote an imaginary agenda. Each guest has come and gone with a smile on their face, knowing that they were treated with the respect they deserve. The SoK do not represent every single detractor of Phil. They are just more vocal. That's it.

Please, Phil. Don't shove this off as a thing to trash your reputation. The members of the SoK just want to have a polite, friendly discussion/debate with you. No mean words will be said. They do not have any tricks up their sleeves. They do not want to hurt you in any way, shape or form. They do not wish to instill violence upon you or your girlfriend. They only want peace. That's all they want. They want to bury every single problem you have had with your fans. That's all. Please, take this into consideration. No harm will come from this. This will only help promote your image. Your fans will know that you are willing to go into an intelligent discussion with your detractors. That will to your fans that you truly are a man and that you are truly willing to accept any type of criticism anyone dishes out on you.

If Phil is here just to play games and have fun (his own words) then IMO he should not be whining about his finances. He made the choice to move because he thought it was going to help him out in the long run, now he has a house and all the responsibility that comes with it (mortgage, repairs etc..) you live within your means and if Phil cant do that right now than that is on him and him alone and for him to say things like "I need your help" or we hurt his " business" is crap. 

It's best not to talk about KG anymore. It's like I said before, he isn't a real fan of Phil. He doesn't promote anything positive for him. :unsure:

Back on topic, I'd suggest for Phil to go on the SoK Podcast or invite the SoK members (it doesn't have to be every single member. It can be just one person if you're comfortable with that) in your HATE Live Podcast. That way, we can clear the fogged up air and finally see some light in the problems we've been having the previous years. Every person who's defended Phil on the SoK Podcast has been treated with equality and fairness. Not one person has been rude. Not one person has been dealt with in a harsh way to promote an imaginary agenda. Each guest has come and gone with a smile on their face, knowing that they were treated with the respect they deserve. The SoK do not represent every single detractor of Phil. They are just more vocal. That's it.

Please, Phil. Don't shove this off as a thing to trash your reputation. The members of the SoK just want to have a polite, friendly discussion/debate with you. No mean words will be said. They do not have any tricks up their sleeves. They do not want to hurt you in any way, shape or form. They do not wish to instill violence upon you or your girlfriend. They only want peace. That's all they want. They want to bury every single problem you have had with your fans. That's all. Please, take this into consideration. No harm will come from this. This will only help promote your image. Your fans will know that you are willing to go into an intelligent discussion with your detractors. That will to your fans that you truly are a man and that you are truly willing to accept any type of criticism anyone dishes out on you.

​Here's the thing though, people in the past have given Phil plenty of opportunites on YouTube to settle a civil debate online, and he declined all of them. However we're not giving up yet. Nobody is forcing Phil to come on the SOKast, it's entirely up to his decision if he wants to. All we want is a Live Civil Discussion/Debate over any Pros and Cons that he can improve for himself and his community.

​I don't think he should mention it at all really. He should just kind of mention it in passing.

Kind of like "Money has been tight since the move"

That's it. done and move on.

​ well honestly I don't think phil should be bringing up his finances to begin with, nobody cares. that's his business/responsibility not anyone els'. 

​Well you don't speak for me so don't say nobody cares. I like how Phil is so open with his personal life, its one of the things that separates him from other youtubers. I recall several years ago when he originally lost his job he made that video talking about how he was going to start doing youtube full time lots of people loved it and even considered it inspirational. That was a real personal moment and I like that he is willing to share things like that with us. In my opinion even recently when he brings up his finances it never comes off like he's trying to "guilt" anyone, its mentioned in a very matter-of-fact tone like he's just letting fans know what the situation is.

Just speaking for myself here but if the situation really is that bad, I'd like to know. I'd rather he err on the side of being too vocal about it rather than not vocal enough, especially if its going to make the difference on whether or not he gets the help he needs to keep creating his content. The mentions are usually limited to vlogs and pre-streams so even if it bothers you, you can always just focus on his gameplay.

• Upvote 3

​Well you don't speak for me so don't say nobody cares. I like how Phil is so open with his personal life, its one of the things that separates him from other youtubers. I recall several years ago when he originally lost his job he made that video talking about how he was going to start doing youtube full time lots of people loved it and even considered it inspirational. That was a real personal moment and I like that he is willing to share things like that with us. In my opinion even recently when he brings up his finances it never comes off like he's trying to "guilt" anyone, its mentioned in a very matter-of-fact tone like he's just letting fans know what the situation is.

Just speaking for myself here but if the situation really is that bad, I'd like to know. I'd rather he err on the side of being too vocal about it rather than not vocal enough, especially if its going to make the difference on whether or not he gets the help he needs to keep creating his content. The mentions are usually limited to vlogs and pre-streams so even if it bothers you, you can always just focus on his gameplay.

​He's right. Maybe some people do care. Hmm. Perhaps it is not that he brings them up. Maybe people find it annoying because of the WAY he does it. I don't have an opinion on this topic, so I'm just leaving a thought. 

This thread has nothing to do with SOK/KG or anything like that based on the original post, so I don't understand why people have massively derailed it. Seems every thread that starts intelligently when it comes to legit/constructive criticism turns into nonsense and I'm ending it here with the following:

1. SOK has done nothing whatsoever to try and convince me to talk to them besides twitter-bombing/spamming my stream chat with "DEBATE YOU SHOULD DEBATE YOU NEED TO DEBATE!" and that's it. There's been zero discussion that anything would be done fairly, maturely, or even what we'd BE debating about specifically. Basically, it's been "come on our show, we'll be fair to you" with zero assurance, promise, or actual legit discussion. I have no idea what it could possibly even benefit me, but it would definitely give them a huge boost in attention, which I have no intention of doing. So there's no reason for me to believe them, especially with some of them being the people who constantly attack/insult me on social media on a regular basis, and with Loophole being the person who constantly attacks me and my girlfriend (even when he was ON MY OWN SHOW). He's even challenged me to a real-life fight. Why would I want to talk with these people, exactly?

2. Since I've been DDOS'ed I can no longer use means to communicate that leak my IP. Unfortunately, Skype is a HUGE security risk as I've now been shown that it's easily possible to get anyone's IP address if they're online, regardless of their settings and security. Therefore, I'm no longer considering using Skype AT ALL anymore, for anything because of this. It's basically a form of terrorism, and it's working, because I can't have my business being shut down constantly. So I can't have my IP leaked, which means I can't use Skype, period.

That's it. Further mentions/discussion of SOK in this thread are to be considered thread derailment and will institute post deletion/discipline by moderation action.

• Upvote 6

​Great, so we shouldn't have any problem getting back on topic then!

​Well, we kinda are on-topic here, the topic being your public image, the negativity occasionally surrounding it, and what we can do to improve it. The reason why we brought up the SOK was because it would be interesting to have some of your more vocal critics here in the forums--that way, we'd have a nice balance of opinions on both sides, in the hopes of seeing eye-to-eye on certain issues and hopefully working something out, even if it isn't much. It'd be a nice start.

• Upvote 1

Legit critics, SOK are not. People here however have brought up some great points, so if you can keep it to that, by all means continue.

If not, well, mods will be doing their jobs, so tread lightly.

• Like 1

Just cleaned up this entire page of the thread as it totally derailed.

If you want to discuss intelligent/productive criticism (NOT unsubstantiated slander), go ahead, but further derailment is not tolerated and this time there will be disciplinary action. Be happy I didn't issue any warnings this time.

I'm notifying the mods to keep an eye on this thread going forward as I have work to do.

• Like 1

Legit critics, SOK are not. People here however have brought up some great points, so if you can keep it to that, by all means continue.

If not, well, mods will be doing their jobs, so tread lightly.

​You just said everyone in the SoK aren't legit critics and you talk about your the only one being slandered. 

Just cleaned up this entire page of the thread as it totally derailed.

If you want to discuss intelligent/productive criticism (NOT unsubstantiated slander), go ahead, but further derailment is not tolerated and this time there will be disciplinary action. Be happy I didn't issue any warnings this time.

I'm notifying the mods to keep an eye on this thread going forward as I have work to do.

You didn't read ANYTHING anyone had to say, did you? Like i said, you're killing your own image man. 

Let's get back on topic, shall we.

On the case of Phil's plummeting popularity and morals, I find it hardly worthwhile to delete everybody's posts that pertain to criticizing Phil with a generic and unclear reason like "unsubstantiated slander" and I feel that actions such as these are hurting DSP's popularity when it comes to him being "the realest mother fucker on the internet" and closeting points that are brought against him are definitely hindering the morals of himself and those that both support him and critique him.

• Upvote 1
  • Phil locked this topic