The King of Hate Forums
GuessWhat

Do any of you guys believe in aliens?

Believe in Aliens?  

11 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

On 2/14/2018 at 10:45 AM, GuessWhat said:

I do. I just want to see if anyone else thinks they exist.

Well obviously, entities like that, would exist in the universe. The universe is super big after all, with millions of galaxies. And besides, many people see those UFO things. It's also obvious, that not all of those UFO sightings, are fake though.

Well, it depends on which use of the word you're using when you say 'aliens': If you're being technical, (Alien, from another world/planet, extraterrestrial), or if you're romanticising the term, (Aliens like in the movies, with advanced technology), like when some people claim to see 'UFOs' and believe that these are spaceships. (This is usually nonsense and the product of a clear case of apophenia in humans, also a recurring theme when it comes to supernatural/poltergeist and religious claims).

With the current evidence that there is, the probability of the existence of extraterrestrial beings is inversely proportional to their physiological complexity. This means that I remain skeptical, and that I find extremely likely that 'alien' microorganisms exist, and very unlikely that your stereotypical 'alien' does.

Sure, there's definitely other life out in the universe somewhere. You can't think Earth is the only planet capable of life.

Also I'm pretty sure I saw a UFO when I was a kid living in the boons.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, sateler96 said:

If they do exist hopefully they don't look like these 

Let us hope that many of them don't.

Edited by musicboy

17 minutes ago, GuessWhat said:

Yea, I definitely mean Aliens of all forms down to the cellular level. Even the bipedal humanoid ones.

Oh, I see. Well, then I stick to my previous comment.

And what about you? You say that you do believe in them, but do you think that if they exist, their level of technology resembles the one portayed in movies? Also, since some of the people here believe in them as well, and someone even said that they saw an UFO, (supposedly a spaceship), do you believe in the *"Directed Panspermia" theories?

*(The deliberate transport of microorganisms in space, to be used as introduced species on lifeless but habitable astronomical objects.)

5 hours ago, MoraMoria said:

Oh, I see. Well, then I stick to my previous comment.

And what about you? You say that you do believe in them, but do you think that if they exist, their level of technology resembles the one portayed in movies? Also, since some of the people here believe in them as well, and someone even said that they saw an UFO, (supposedly a spaceship), do you believe in the *"Directed Panspermia" theories?

*(The deliberate transport of microorganisms in space, to be used as introduced species on lifeless but habitable astronomical objects.)

1. Movie alien tech. I think there are some advanced species out there.

2. Seeding worlds theory. No.

Honestly, I was just trying to see who believed and who didn't. Not trying to change opinions.

EDIT: below

I meant to say. Honestly, I was just trying to see if others believed in them. Not who.

Edited by GuessWhat

@GuessWhat and @KGhaleon and others.

The really interesting thing is, nowadays, many so called skeptic people from America and other countries, moreso America, who would strangely laugh at other people, for seeing ufo's, are now themselves, seeing ufo's and extremely giant crafts, or strange beings walking around.

And some of these same skeptics, who have seen ufo's and are now believers, are now apologising to ufo sighters and believers, for making fun of them, all of these years.

It's kinda interesting, how things are turning around.:smile:

Edited by musicboy

19 minutes ago, musicboy said:

@GuessWhat and @KGhaleon and others.

The really interesting thing is, nowadays, many so called skeptic people from America and other countries, moreso America, who would strangely laugh at other people, for seeing ufo's, are now themselves, seeing ufo's and extremely giant crafts, or strange beings walking around.

And some of these same skeptics, who have seen ufo's and are now believers, are now apologising to ufo sighters and believers, for making fun of them, all of these years.

It's kinda interesting, how things are turning around.:smile:

Well, by definition, a skeptic person wouldn't laugh at any potentially valid hypothesis, (even if unlikely), he/she would just hold it subject to doubt until proper deductive reasoning affirms or denies the theory, until then, it is uncertain.

You may be confused by some people that claim to be skeptical, but that make the mistake of trying to blatantly ridicule the other person because of their beliefs, (which is unprofessional under any circumstance). Someone serious would just try to refute what you said, with a properly constructed logical argument, understanding that it may not change your opinion in the end, which is fine.

@MoraMoria

What you say is true, but in the real world, there is always more than one truth.

Many so called skeptic people, whether they may be categorised, as intelligent or professional, or whether they themselves, categorise themselves as intelligent or professional, or not, sometimes do have a ridiculous tendency, sometimes a closet tendency, to laugh and make fun of people, they don't agree with, even if the person they don't agree with, is correct. And would sometimes do so in private, or, not in front of the person, whose belief they don't agree with.

But despite that, you're right, on alot of things there though.

Edited by musicboy