The King of Hate Forums
Sign in to follow this  
ThatDogGuy

Kingdom Come Deliverance

15 minutes ago, ThatDogGuy said:

So this game is dividing opinion throughout the gaming world. Is it the best game ever or a really over-rated borefest?

What do you guys think? Discuss.

Better than PUBG.

I don't think it's really causing that much divide, other than maybe between gamers and the gaming press who care more about whining over political points than if the game is good. It's got an 8 user score on Metacritic and 75% on Steam so actual players are mostly liking it.

I'm 35ish hours in and I'm really enjoying it a lot. I like that quests often feel as though there are multiple ways to approach them. The combat is different than I've experienced before and feels pretty good. I like that you start off as a nobody and, at least so far, you're still just a pawn in the dealings of others, not some insta-bad ass. The archery system is tough with the unsteadyness of Henry's hand and lack of crosshairs but rewarding. There are a good deal of systems in the game that add depth like alchemy, the reputation system, charisma and how dirty/bloody you are matters somewhat in dealing with people, etc. The voice acting overall is pretty good.

The game is definitely quite buggy/janky though. If you have a low tolerance for bugs I strongly suggest waiting a few months. I find the game fun enough that I can mostly look past those issues, but you should know that they are there if you choose to buy the game today.

Honestly I wanted to buy this game when I heard you compare it with Skyrim but I refuse to pay £50 to support an indy developer. I'm not paying that for a game unless its by a proper respected developer who is gonna support the game to a high standard so... They need to get their prices down.

Edited by Amityville

20 minutes ago, Wankfest said:

So you'd pay $50+ for a game made by EA thats packed with microtransactions but not for a developer that makes good games and is up and coming.

I'm not a fan of MT but I prefer a polished name like EA over an indie, sorry. 

If KC was say £25 at release then I'd probably give it a go.

Edited by Amityville

10 hours ago, Amityville said:

Honestly I wanted to buy this game when I heard you compare it with Skyrim but I refuse to pay £50 to support an indy developer.

That's a fucked up mentality to have. Indie developers put hard work into their games and they deserve more respect.

9 hours ago, Amityville said:

Andromeda says hello.

So anyways the hype is officially dead. Only 1000 viewers on Twitch ATM so there's no point to Phil playing it anymore.

Edited by Nich2440
  • Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Amityville said:

If KC was say £25 at release then I'd probably give it a go.

That's a terrible reasoning behind your decision.

5 hours ago, MasterOfAwesomeness said:

That's a terrible reasoning behind your decision.

Can you explain why then?

I've never said indie devs don't work hard but at least big devs have the money to give a more cinematic experience and that money goes a long way into my £50.

Maybe you can convince me.

21 hours ago, Amityville said:

Honestly I wanted to buy this game when I heard you compare it with Skyrim but I refuse to pay £50 to support an indy developer.

I unmuted him just long enough to point out that, of all the things ever said on this forum, this is by far the most asinine that I have ever read. You would have to have your head so far up your own ass to actually think that a studio that is trying to fuck you as hard as they can get away with deserves your money more than a smaller team who is trying to create their passion product that I refuse to believe it could be said by someone who wasn't raised directly under power lines and/or trolling.

Jesus Christ....

BTW, I have about 80 hours clocked in KC:D and if I ignore all side quests I have I can probably beat the game in another 15-20.  But yes, this game should be $25 because it's not developed by a huge corporation or cinematic (????) enough.

Also, lawl at the idea that a 70 is a bad score.

11 hours ago, Nich2440 said:

So anyways the hype is officially dead. Only 1000 viewers on Twitch ATM so there's no point to Phil playing it anymore.

Not surprising as it's a single player RPG and the playstyles aren't going to be as diverse as something like Skyrim. I agree that the hype window as far as Twitch has closed.

On 01/03/2018 at 5:17 PM, VertigoTeaparty said:

I unmuted him just long enough to point out that, of all the things ever said on this forum, this is by far the most asinine that I have ever read. You would have to have your head so far up your own ass to actually think that a studio that is trying to fuck you as hard as they can get away with deserves your money more than a smaller team who is trying to create their passion product that I refuse to believe it could be said by someone who wasn't raised directly under power lines and/or trolling.

Jesus Christ....

BTW, I have about 80 hours clocked in KC:D and if I ignore all side quests I have I can probably beat the game in another 15-20.  But yes, this game should be $25 because it's not developed by a huge corporation or cinematic (????) enough.

Also, lawl at the idea that a 70 is a bad score.

Who pissed on your cornflakes this morning? :biggrin:

It just opinion. You should not throw insult it shows you are salty. Just because he not love the game haha.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, DingDongWong said:

Who pissed on your cornflakes this morning? :biggrin:

It just opinion. You should not throw insult it shows you are salty. Just because he not love the game haha.

He's not salty, he's just making a reasonable argument to Amityville's claim.

• Upvote 2

Well, it might not be a popular opinion but I'm sticking to it. EA have proven more than this developer in the past and made some great franchises like FIFA and the first Crysis is still incredible for a PC game. Like I said if the game drops in price I'd consider it but not for £50!

Phil should play kingdom come deliverance while it is still buggy. I think game bugs have lead to some of his most hilarious moments ever. Remember the glitched leg in WWE, the floating eyes in Batman? Epic funny moments 

On 3/6/2018 at 3:36 PM, Amityville said:

Will this game come down in price? I want a physical copy 2nd hand but of course its fucking digital only lol.

So what?

14 hours ago, Nich2440 said:

So what?

So I don't want to pay full retail price of digital version.

I actually picked it up off eBay for £30 for a 2nd hand copy. Worth it!

1 hour ago, Amityville said:

So I don't want to pay full retail price of digital version.

What does that affect though? Both digital and physical gets you a full game.