The King of Hate Forums
Sign in to follow this  
WOOF

Suggestions for upcoming King of Hate Forums rebrand.

Phil recently announced that Onyx the administrator is looking into giving the forum a new look and has requested suggestions that could be implemented.

I will start the ball rolling by suggesting an Sort by tab on the Activity Page with an option for Oldest posts, this way I can look for forum posts from 2+ years ago, right now if I tried to do that it would be very tedious.

I thought Onyx was fucking dead. But thats good. Personally the old forum format was way better than the current. He should find a healthy mix of the two. Also the ratings should have a significant overhaul. Have some negative reaction ratings because not everyone's post is likeable or upvoteable. Have some optimistic or dumb ratings. A fanboy rating would be hilarious. A "WRONG!" rating. A Salty Rating. A "mentally ill" rating. Something along those lines. 

Who cares, just ban them. There should be a wider spectrum of reaction ratings than just "Like" and "Upvote". Like I said not everyones post isn't likeable or upvoteable. I know Phil and others are trying to keep this forum "positive", but lets be real here. Very few things about this forum is positive except the comic book section and no-mans land which is named "Random Thoughts" where you rarely get persecuted for having an independent thought or talk about detractor shit.

1 minute ago, NoNineteenth said:

Who cares, just ban them. There should be a wider spectrum of reaction ratings than just "Like" and "Upvote". Like I said not everyones post isn't likeable or upvoteable. I know Phil and others are trying to keep this forum "positive", but lets be real here. Very few things about this forum is positive except the comic book section and no-mans land which is named "Random Thoughts" where you rarely get persecuted for having an independent thought or talk about detractor shit.

If you ban ppl the vote still counts. Quite a few of us are #dspositive.

Also you should make theanonymouse and/or ThatDogGuy mods, they've been good guys who keep this forum going with myself of course. Pretty sure they have squeaky clean status and keep a level head when shit blows up here.

3 minutes ago, Amityville said:

If you ban ppl the vote still counts. Quite a few of us are #dspositive.

Who cares its a forum. Ain't like if you get downvoted its harder for you to get a job or something. Its better to have a wider spectrum of reaction ratings. Trolls may get a couple of ratings off but who cares? Its a meaningless rating.

5 minutes ago, Amityville said:

Also you should make theanonymouse and/or ThatDogGuy mods, they've been good guys who keep this forum going with myself of course. Pretty sure they have squeaky clean status and keep a level head when shit blows up here.

"Squeaky Clean?" I just saw something about anonymouse saying something racist one day in the stream chat, and im pretty sure ThatDogGuy is a child. If anyone should be a mod its Nich2440.

15 minutes ago, Amityville said:

Haha, no. Just no. Making a white knight like ThatDogGuy or someone who's been shown to be racist like theanonymouse mods would be a terrible idea. If anything more casual fans of Phil should be mods because they'd be more impartial. 

9 minutes ago, NoNineteenth said:

Who cares its a forum. Ain't like if you get downvoted its harder for you to get a job or something. Its better to have a wider spectrum of reaction ratings. Trolls may get a couple of ratings off but who cares? Its a meaningless rating.

"Squeaky Clean?" I just saw something about anonymouse saying something racist one day in the stream chat, and im pretty sure ThatDogGuy is a child. If anyone should be a mod its Nich2440.

Fuck no. He gets triggered so easily and probably has a lot of ways warnings for talking so much smack to Phil.

My vote is anonymous and Dogguy too!

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, NoNineteenth said:

"Squeaky Clean?" I just saw something about anonymouse saying something racist one day in the stream chat, and im pretty sure ThatDogGuy is a child. 

Both false.

New mods should be subjected to an intense screening. Past Twitch chat conversations, an IP check for duplicate accounts, and be subjected to severe scrutiny if ever said anything blatantly biased, racist, or counter -productive to the well being of DSP's forums and chat. Both of those members would fail. I promise you. Get someone that has a good head on their shoulders and is not a child.

4 minutes ago, Amityville said:

Both false.

Proof? Because I can show you proof of the opposite. 

Edited by NoNineteenth

1 hour ago, DingDongWong said:

Fuck no. He gets triggered so easily and probably has a lot of ways warnings for talking so much smack to Phil.

My vote is anonymous and Dogguy too!

No, they'd just turn the forums into a hugbox where no one's allowed to criticize Phil. The mods should be less biased than that.

I would rather Onyx fix the homepage before he does anything with the forums.

Oh and by the way it's not officially written in the rules but users shouldn't be denouncing people as potential mods. I wouldn't do it to the people I disagree with so I expect them to not do it to me.

Edited by Nich2440

11 minutes ago, Nich2440 said:

I would rather Onyx fix the homepage before he does anything with the forums.

If you mean the playlist Phil said Onyx was going to fix that, which would be good as Youtube search for Playlists is terrible.

Would be fun if forum users had the option to decorate the sides of their profile page, as oppose to just the banner, photo ID currently.

Phil currently does polls for Twitter from time to time which make sense, how about doing the same for the Patron section as well, vast majority of trolls aren't willing to give Phil $5+ a month, so lot less likely they will be hi-jacked.

Just now, WOOF! said:

If you mean the playlist Phil said Onyx was going to fix that, which would be good as Youtube search for Playlists is terrible.

Not just that. The whole site needs to be updated. The scheduled section has nothing in it. The sideshow of recent videos has nothing in it. And there's no links to Twitch, Patreon, or Teespring. It's almost like a blank HTML page.

• Upvote 1

Just a thought, but there are rarely actual members who sign up and stick around here these days. Lot of sock accounts with no avatars. Make it a private forum where new members have to be approved before they can post here. Cut down on the trolls by requiring an email address from a provider that isn't free or something.

1 hour ago, KGhaleon said:

Just a thought, but there are rarely actual members who sign up and stick around here these days. Lot of sock accounts with no avatars. Make it a private forum where new members have to be approved before they can post here. Cut down on the trolls by requiring an email address from a provider that isn't free or something.

Agreed! This should have always been in place tho.

• Like 1

Im new so I don't think its right for me to make any suggestions, but I wanted to comment about effectively locking out new members. Its already hard enough for new members to join this forum. Before we even get here we have to get through the rumors and the stereotypes that surround this forum, then once joining even though their are so very few members, its like being in a room full of friends that known each other for years while you're just a non-invited "+1" who everyone is just waiting to get kicked out if you breath wrong. Making it harder for newer members to join will effectively make this place a chatroom. I understand trolls are a problem, but here's a perspective from a brand new member. Every time I've heard about this place or publicly viewed these forums was because of overhearing a reaction from some critique of Phil or controversial thread that was made by some new member. Sadly the only time a posting by a long standing member with a large amount of reputation points generates any outside interest is when they were being made fun of, or announcing they are leaving. Just a thought guys, thanks.

3 hours ago, KGhaleon said:

Cut down on the trolls by requiring an email address from a provider that isn't free or something.

Are you kidding me? You need a paid email to register? That's a terrible idea. That's some anti net neutrality bullshit right there.

28 minutes ago, Nich2440 said:

Are you kidding me? You need a paid email to register? That's a terrible idea. That's some anti net neutrality bullshit right there.

anything that proves you aren't the troll they banned 20 times prior, a social media account or something.

Otherwise enjoy your troll infested forum full of blank accounts.

• Like 1

Connecting a social media account would be a good idea, but after the doxxing incident being so public I doubt anyone would make and account and create a higher risk of doxxers getting their real life information if they every get pissed off again. As far as troll infested, I don't see it. I think Phil and the mods do a great job suppressing troll attempts, but if its as troll infested as you say, didn't stop you to keep coming back and staying so it can't be that bad! :-) 

My suggestions:

• Clear, logical rules that everyone, including Phil, has to follow. No one is above the rules.
    • Meaning examples of what constitutes trolling and what constitutes criticism
  • A moderation team that actually uses the warnings system and temp bans, no more of every minor infraction being an instant permaban.
    • Maybe a three strikes system for trolling and the like. First infraction is a warning with a clear explanation of what you did wrong, second is a 24 hour temp ban, third is a permaban.
  • An easier way to appeal bans, perhaps an account level system like other forums have where "Banned" accounts can only access a ban appeals thread that only mods can read.
    • For the sake of keeping the peace set a limit of being unbanned once, you get banned again after a successful appeal you're banned forever.
33 minutes ago, KGhaleon said:

anything that proves you aren't the troll they banned 20 times prior, a social media account or something.

Otherwise enjoy your troll infested forum full of blank accounts.

Just have a waiting period where a mod has to approve your account before you can post anything. Aside from day one when everyone is joining up again I highly doubt there are too many people joining on a daily basis.

Edited by ActionJackson

See this is what I'm talking about. More faceless anon accounts.

Get an approval process in place.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, KGhaleon said:

See this is what I'm talking about. More faceless anon accounts.

Get an approval process in place.

Dude, just because someone chose not to use a profile pic doesn't mean they're a troll. 

7 minutes ago, ActionJackson said:

Dude, just because someone chose not to use a profile pic doesn't mean they're a troll. 

Everything you just suggested benefits the very troll accounts we're talking about.

and no, a waiting period doesn't work. It just means a troll has to wait an extra day before they can join the forum.