The King of Hate Forums
Sign in to follow this  
WOOF

Suggestions for upcoming King of Hate Forums rebrand.

14 hours ago, Amityville said:

I would prefer KGhaleon as mod but still think all accounts need to be reviewed before they're allowed to post. 

I picked Sateler96 because a mod imo needs to keep out of drama threads, otherwise they leave themselves open to accusations of bias, he sticks to movie/wrestling threads, the rest of us get into back and forth over drama.

I agree on new accounts having their IP addresses being checked before posting, in case they are linked to past troll accounts.

4 hours ago, WOOF! said:

Only thing I disagree with is if they haven't posted enough then they could be banned, that sounds a bit over the top, the rest is ok by me.

Depends how long the probation period is I guess. Like say three months with no posts?

4 hours ago, WOOF! said:

I picked Sateler96 because a mod imo needs to keep out of drama threads, otherwise they leave themselves open to accusations of bias, he sticks to movie/wrestling threads, the rest of us get into back and forth over drama.

Again guys. The mods aren't fond of nominating or denominating people for mod positions. Anyone who wants to be a mod can apply privetly.

4 hours ago, Nich2440 said:

Depends how long the probation period is I guess. Like say three months with no posts?

As long as they aren't trolling, does it matter if they don't post regularly.

4 hours ago, Nich2440 said:

Again guys. The mods aren't fond of nominating or denominating people for mod positions. Anyone who wants to be a mod can apply privetly.

We know Phil isn't currently taking on more mods, we're just discussing who we think would make the best if a vacancy came up.

28 minutes ago, WOOF! said:

We know Phil isn't currently taking on more mods, we're just discussing who we think would make the best if a vacancy came up.

Yes and the mods have discouraged that in the past.

28 minutes ago, WOOF! said:

As long as they aren't trolling, does it matter if they don't post regularly.

Because they could be troll lurkers and it clogs server space.

9 hours ago, WOOF! said:

I agree on new accounts having their IP addresses being checked before posting, in case they are linked to past troll accounts.

Someone told me you can change IP addresses but its probably really hard to do, so that check would remove 75% of trolls hopefully.

14 minutes ago, Amityville said:

Someone told me you can change IP addresses but its probably really hard to do

Not for someone who sits in front of their computer trolling all day.

6 hours ago, Amityville said:

Someone told me you can change IP addresses but its probably really hard to do, so that check would remove 75% of trolls hopefully.

I think the trolls that come here are pretty stupid people, but even I know they are smart enough to change their IP.

5 hours ago, KGhaleon said:

I think the trolls that come here are pretty stupid people, but even I know they are smart enough to change their IP.

Even if they change their IP, it can still go on the ban list if they troll.

I do wish the multi quoting and youtube video incorporation was much better on this site. For example, I tried to get involved in last year's DSP's Funniest Moments but found the Youtube embedding to be frustrating to say the least. Maybe that's on me but I wish it was something smoother like [youtube]insertvideo[/youtube] or something along those lines. Not having to navigate through a menu or cut up a part of the URL. 

Maybe I am mistaken but does this site have multimerging when quoting 2 or more posts? I remember there was a point and time this site did not have such and I think it honestly should consider having that because I found myself wanting to quote a few people in a thread but ran weary of having back to back to back posts clog up a thread. 

21 hours ago, Blackspawn89 said:

I do wish the multi quoting and youtube video incorporation was much better on this site. For example, I tried to get involved in last year's DSP's Funniest Moments but found the Youtube embedding to be frustrating to say the least. Maybe that's on me but I wish it was something smoother like [youtube]insertvideo[/youtube] or something along those lines. Not having to navigate through a menu or cut up a part of the URL. 

Yeah the 1st time I posted in the funniest moments thread I screwed up too, doesn't look like Phil is bothering anymore, which is a shame.

21 hours ago, Blackspawn89 said:

Maybe I am mistaken but does this site have multimerging when quoting 2 or more posts? I remember there was a point and time this site did not have such and I think it honestly should consider having that because I found myself wanting to quote a few people in a thread but ran weary of having back to back to back posts clog up a thread. 

I know if you post a reply to a quote in a thread, then do the same again before another person posts, it will merge with your previous entry.