The King of Hate Forums
WOOF

Suggestions for upcoming King of Hate Forums rebrand.

31 minutes ago, Nich2440 said:

The point is that's life. You can't get rid of trolls without turning the forums into an elitist club which is just as bad.

The point is this should be a peaceful community free of trolls and it's not our jobs to police it. Stop em coming on in the first place. :smile:

Edited by Amityville
  • Like 1

I can't make this any clearer so I'll just say this. Deal with it. There is no solution to this that doesn't hurt other people.

Trolls only become a problem when no one does anything about them. Which again is why we need more mods that can be active.

49 minutes ago, Nich2440 said:

I can't make this any clearer so I'll just say this. Deal with it. There is no solution to this that doesn't hurt other people.

Trolls only become a problem when no one does anything about them. Which again is why we need more mods that can be active.

Nobody is being hurt. We're suggesting that the admins make it less easy for people to abuse the forums and take away their ability to create tons of fake sock accounts.

Trolls have been a problem since the original forum. It's a fact.

1 hour ago, Nich2440 said:

The point is that's life. You can't get rid of trolls without turning the forums into an elitist club which is just as bad.

This is very true. You simply have no other option BUT to deal with it. Shutting yourself into a bubble where nothing bad ever happens is also a good way of saying bye bye to newcomers. Trolls will always be a part of everything you do when you're a public person or a celebrity or whatever. The key to overcoming these issues is to control those people who harm the community, not to shut the whole fucking thing down. I'm pretty much saying everything Nich said, but this is to validate his point of view.

1 hour ago, Nich2440 said:

Nothing being suggested is new, plenty of forums out there have different ways of dealing with troll accounts. Phil has more trolls than most people, so there is no reason to ignore this issue.

2 minutes ago, KGhaleon said:

Nobody is being hurt. We're suggesting that the admins make it less easy for people to abuse the forums and take away their ability to create tons of fake sock accounts.

Forums in this day and age are already very inconvenient for many people, which is why many people move into Discord groups because they're SUPER EASY to get into. You don't want to make forum account creation even more of a chore than it already is. New people want quick entrance, it's like the whole rule of live-streaming, I think it went along the lines of "when a viewer decides to check out your stream you have a total of 30 seconds (or something along those lines) to catch their interest before they're out the door.

I know this from personal experience too, I don't want to join a forum only to find out it's an actual fucking application to get in, only to talk to like-minded individuals.

1 minute ago, KGhaleon said:

If you take away their ability to make fake account you also take away the ability for fans to make real account.

The only way to fix this is for the mods to check the IPs of new users to see if they've been previously banned. And of coarse I assume they already do that.

6 minutes ago, Nich2440 said:

If you take away their ability to make fake account you also take away the ability for fans to make real account.

The only way to fix this is for the mods to check the IPs of new users to see if they've been previously banned. And of coarse I assume they already do that.

Nothing is stopping people from signing up for an account. For the last time, we're suggesting a verification process like a valid email or telephone #. IP checking isn't reliable at all.

Honestly it just sounds like you're defending trolls right now. How many new users have actually signed up lately that weren't sock accounts?

5 minutes ago, KGhaleon said:

Honestly it just sounds like you're defending trolls right now.

Here we go with the shit again. I've honestly had enough with you. Piss off.

Just now, Nich2440 said:

Here we go with the shit again. I've honestly had enough with you. Piss off.

About time.

Now back to the topic, I suggest the admins also review the accounts that have signed up on this website and how many are actually active or posting. I imagine the numbers would be shocking.

I like the mix of Nich's idea of more Mods and KGhaleon's idea of mods reviewing accounts, but instead of on a basis of how often they post, base it on how many are anti-Phil, for example if it's more than 80% kick them out.

7 hours ago, WOOF! said:

I like the mix of Nich's idea of more Mods and KGhaleon's idea of mods reviewing accounts, but instead of on a basis of how often they post, base it on how many are anti-Phil, for example if it's more than 80% kick them out.

I would prefer KGhaleon as mod but still think all accounts need to be reviewed before they're allowed to post. 

Also, we know there are users who have more than one account. This rule should be shared rather than giving one person this right.

Edited by Amityville

11 minutes ago, Amityville said:

I would prefer KGhaleon as mod but still think all accounts need to be reviewed before they're allowed to post. 

Also, we know there are users who have more than one account. This rule should be shared rather than giving one person this right.

Again. I don't use the Traditional Games account. My philosophy is that a user shouldn't operate two accounts at the same time. If it makes you feel any better I can request that the mods ban the old account.

Its kind of crazy that Amityville is giving Nich shit for having one active account and one inactive account when his email was hacked by detractors and showed Amityville and DingDongWong use the same email and are probably the same person.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, iHeartNickelback said:

Its kind of crazy that Amityville is giving Nich shit for having one active account and one inactive account when his email was hacked by detractors and showed Amityville and DingDongWong use the same email and are probably the same person.

How would that work then? One email one account. 

3 hours ago, iHeartNickelback said:

Its kind of crazy that Amityville is giving Nich shit for having one active account and one inactive account when his email was hacked by detractors

What are you talking about? My email wasn't hacked. That's not the reason why I made this account

2 hours ago, Amityville said:

How would that work then? One email one account. 

That system is already in effect.

27 minutes ago, iHeartNickelback said:

I was clearly talking about Amityville.

Nich confirmed it's one email one account so I have no idea what you're on about. LOL. And that's not anything to do with the topic so.

Anyway, in the future you need more fans of Phils being a mod.

Edited by Amityville

6 hours ago, Amityville said:

haha no way

but yeah I agree accounts should be reviewed. If they ever put a system in place to verify new posters, it wouldn't stop people who have massed created dozens of sock accounts.

51 minutes ago, iHeartNickelback said:

Didn't know it was against forum rules to post private messages SilentWarrior25 and thanks for the warning. At least I know the hack was real and Amityville has like 4 accounts on here.

This is why the rules should be rewritten.

Okay here's something I think we can agree on. This was written in the rules

"Moderation is when a member of staff edits your account so your posts much be approved before they become visible to the rest of the forum."

Have all new members be in this state for a period. By the end of the period if they haven't posted enough (Or their posts are not approved) then they are banned on the spot. The only exception would be if a new account is made to get Patreon access then they should be able to bypass this.

However for regular members the rules need to be A) clearly written B) followed by everyone (Staff including) C) zero tolerance and D) Enforced to only those that have broken them.

5 hours ago, Nich2440 said:

Okay here's something I think we can agree on. This was written in the rules

"Moderation is when a member of staff edits your account so your posts much be approved before they become visible to the rest of the forum."

Have all new members be in this state for a period. By the end of the period if they haven't posted enough (Or their posts are not approved) then they are banned on the spot. The only exception would be if a new account is made to get Patreon access then they should be able to bypass this.

However for regular members the rules need to be A) clearly written B) followed by everyone (Staff including) C) zero tolerance and D) Enforced to only those that have broken them.

Only thing I disagree with is if they haven't posted enough then they could be banned, that sounds a bit over the top, the rest is ok by me.