The King of Hate Forums
Nich2440

I'm not sold on Extinction

Finished it tonight. Factoring in time spent re-doing first 2 chapters and messing with Trials briefly the main campaign took me around 7 hours or less to finish. 

I loved the movement and taking down giants. There are a lot of elements that are really enjoyable; balancing saving people, taking out Ravenii and saving the city, figuring out how to react to new threats, using the environment and flying enemies to move around the city or a giant, etc. There are several nuggets of a really sweet game here.

The price tag is ludicrous. Even with the extra modes and trials this game isn't worth $60 at all. Had the game been a far more reasonable $25 or $30 it would have been regarded as a fun 1st attempt at this type of game. Instead discussion will be solely around the asinine price tag. It's so frustrating because I liked a lot of elements of the core gameplay but they fucked up by asking a AAA price for a game that was not deep or long enough to justify it's price. Absolute shame.

7 hours ago, MDCFAN101 said:

Well, in the new upcoming Spider-man game, parkour (I hope I said it correctly) is featured.

Sorry, didn't see this till I made the other post, but yeah I'm looking forward to the new Spider Man. Flinging around the city and webbing up bad guys could be a ton of fun. Hopefully it's great and then they make a Venom game....

10 minutes ago, VertigoTeaparty said:

Sorry, didn't see this till I made the other post, but yeah I'm looking forward to the new Spider Man. Flinging around the city and webbing up bad guys could be a ton of fun. Hopefully it's great and then they make a Venom game....

I heard someone suggest that too under the comment section on YouTube.

A Venom game wouldn't be a bad idea TBH.

24 minutes ago, MDCFAN101 said:

I know.  I played that game.  Loved it, but we're talking about an actually Venom video game where you only play as Venom.

or at least play as Venom longer lol

4 minutes ago, Darksphere92 said:

how about an Aunt May Video Game?

Ha Ha Ha very funny.  Not.

See, this is why I called you a pip because of stupid shit like this.

21 hours ago, ThatDogGuy said:

He is right tho, was rude. No one else here would speak to anyone like that. 

Anyway, Extinction looks like a good game to me. 

Who gives a shit if it was rude? He was right, and it was like PG rated insult at worst. Honestly, grow a pair. This is supposedly the king of hate forums, but panties are in a twist over implying someone is an idiot. 

Game looks pretty shit though. 

Edited by NoveskeSaiga

9 hours ago, LastRambo341 said:

Showing-off? Why are you obsessed with Bloodborne?

Actually I'm not. I don't care for souls games. I'm simply suggesting a game that would be in Phil's best interest to play.

But yes wanting Phil to play a certain game means I'm "obsessed".

8 hours ago, thatanonymouse said:

He's doing Bloodborne next and I blame Nich. I trusted you, Nich.

It's the best option for him right now.

I dont know BB doesnt have the same audience  as DS. If Phil needs a downtime stream he seems to love fighting games and thats his area  of expertise he should play and stream like a really obscure fighting game, like Eternal  champion's  or something like that giving bits of history, explaining  the mechanics, and of course raging at the frustrating  parts, maybe do a couples super  street fighter 2 stream where he is teaching  Kat the tricks of the trade when it comes  to fighters that would be really entertaining, and it would make the people who have been harping for Phil to do some type of co-op happy.

9 hours ago, MDCFAN101 said:

I think a Venom video game is a better idea.

Yup, and it would be more brutal than the Spiderman games since he doesn't have that "Don't kill" rule... or at least he didn't. I've not really kept up since the Eddie Brock days. You would also have use of the symbiote. Maybe we'll get a game since the movie is coming out soonish. Too bad it'll never be rated M, as a Venom game should be.

26 minutes ago, Hatter said:

I dont know BB doesnt have the same audience  as DS.

You think not? While I know there is a bit of a rift between those who think DS is better than BB  I'd think the audience has a lot of overlap. Also, I don't think it matters too much regarding how many viewers he'll get. Most folks will be watching to either see how he's improved or to watch him fail/rage. Either game series will draw those people I'd think.

49 minutes ago, VertigoTeaparty said:

You think not? While I know there is a bit of a rift between those who think DS is better than BB  I'd think the audience has a lot of overlap. Also, I don't think it matters too much regarding how many viewers he'll get. Most folks will be watching to either see how he's improved or to watch him fail/rage. Either game series will draw those people I'd think.

BB was a ps4 exclusive while DS was cross platform, it cuts the audience who might have an attachment to the game, PC gamers, or x box gamers who might be souls fans won't be as interested in a BB play through.

59 minutes ago, VertigoTeaparty said:

Yup, and it would be more brutal than the Spiderman games since he doesn't have that "Don't kill" rule... or at least he didn't. I've not really kept up since the Eddie Brock days. You would also have use of the symbiote. Maybe we'll get a game since the movie is coming out soonish. Too bad it'll never be rated M, as a Venom game should be.

Venom still kills it's that nowadays he's trying to be a true superhero instead of a lethal protector.  Plus, I'm sure the game will be rated M.

2 hours ago, Hatter said:

I dont know BB doesnt have the same audience  as DS. If Phil needs a downtime stream he seems to love fighting games and thats his area  of expertise he should play and stream like a really obscure fighting game, like Eternal  champion's  or something like that giving bits of history, explaining  the mechanics, and of course raging at the frustrating  parts, maybe do a couples super  street fighter 2 stream where he is teaching  Kat the tricks of the trade when it comes  to fighters that would be really entertaining, and it would make the people who have been harping for Phil to do some type of co-op happy.

You really think playing fighting games non stop until the 20th is a good idea?

3 hours ago, Nich2440 said:

You really think playing fighting games non stop until the 20th is a good idea?

Maybe....there is alot of variety  in the fighting game genre, and alot of weird/obscure ones im not suggesting  Phil becomes another  Maximilian  or anything but its clear that he loves fighting games, he's comfortable with fighters, and he has alot of knowledge  about them, I would love to see Phils commentary/ critique on games like Samurai showdown or King of fighters, would love to see him play  something  wierd  like Tobal 2 Eternal champions, while giving commentary and talk about how the mechanics  are similar/differ from more mainstream fighters. The 20th is only 9 days away, he can call it "The Week of the Iron Fist" or something like that and play a different  fighter a day, some modern, some retro, maybe let fans vote on a fighter, any fighter to cover, bring Kat in teach her how to play fighters, dress up like ryu or Sakura, There are ways to make downtime  weeks more entertaining  than just leaning on a souls game all the time. Spoof Maximilian   (in a lighthearted way) throw on a long blonde wig and call yourself  Doodsydephil for a day and just keep sarcastically talking about how great streetfighter 5 is the audience will eat that shit up.

Edited by Hatter
  • Like 1

The thing that sucks about this is that this could have been two extra days of Bloodborne getting him future into the game. I knew it was going to be a waste of time.