The King of Hate Forums
WOOF

DSP should get his groceries delivered.

Hey Phil,

just watched your latest WIP and you talked about doing grocery shopping on your day off, instead of wasting precious time doing monotonous chores, do your shopping online and get it delivered, it makes sense since you are at home most of the time and then that frees up more time to do fun activities on your day off.

Grocery delivery may not be available where he's at. If not, several stores like Wal-Mart, Kroger (do they have those in WA?), etc., have services where you can order your groceries ahead of time and pick them up at a set day and time. My Kroger doesn't support it yet but I know people who've used it and it's supposed to be quite nice.

16 hours ago, WOOF! said:

Hey Phil,

just watched your latest WIP and you talked about doing grocery shopping on your day off, instead of wasting precious time doing monotonous chores, do your shopping online and get it delivered, it makes sense since you are at home most of the time and then that frees up more time to do fun activities on your day off.

True, but what's wrong with Old School grocery shopping?  Besides, walking is excellent exercise.

6 hours ago, VertigoTeaparty said:

Grocery delivery may not be available where he's at. If not, several stores like Wal-Mart, Kroger (do they have those in WA?), etc., have services where you can order your groceries ahead of time and pick them up at a set day and time. My Kroger doesn't support it yet but I know people who've used it and it's supposed to be quite nice.

It's not like he's out in a rural area, he lives close to a major city, I live in the UK and all the major grocers have home delivery service, including Asda (which is owned by Wal-Mart).

5 hours ago, MDCFAN101 said:

True, but what's wrong with Old School grocery shopping?  Besides, walking is excellent exercise.

He can still do his walking exercise on his day off, doing fun activities instead of grocery shopping, his girlfriend would probably prefer that.

Doesn't Amazon do this in Seattle? I think they did it before they bought Whole Foods, tho I may be mistaken, surely with the WF acquisition they should be really doing some cool stuff by now.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, ISP said:

Doesn't Amazon do this in Seattle? I think they did it before they bought Whole Foods, tho I may be mistaken, surely with the WF acquisition they should be really doing some cool stuff by now.

Amazon have started a Grocery service, but I believe it's very limited right now.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, 8circuitsiddhist said:

They actually have multiple grocery services (technically*), and all of them are quite the price gouge unless you're rich or reclusive enough to need them!

Phil has already answered this and said he prefers to shop traditionally, as they are close to his home, moderators can close this thread if they want to.

6 hours ago, WOOF said:

Phil has already answered this and said he prefers to shop traditionally, as they are close to his home, moderators can close this thread if they want to.

They should

2 hours ago, 8circuitsiddhist said:

Holy shit! You guys are righy! This conversation is several months old! Zombie revival of this thread was not what I intended, I just followed this here from another user who answered here, and shared my two cents due to a past job for a company that worked with them!

That's ok I forgot about this thread myself.