The King of Hate Forums
masterxeon2002

DSP Tries It Ideas

I'm taking the liberty of making a thread so we can all brainstorm ideas for DSP Tries It following the news that its on the backburner.

If you have no idea what I'm talking about Phil made a tweet here:

https://twitter.com/TheyCallMeDSP/status/988251019955011584

I'd like to direct everyones attention to this part of the twitlonger in particular:

"IF YOU HAVE ANY IDEAS of how to continue the series that 1. don't involve fast food and 2. are not expensive (so for example, "try healthier foods" doesn't work since they are innately more expensive and as-is; or "try a monthly subscription series that costs $25 a month" doesn't work since that's literally 5 times what I'll make profit-wise on the video), then I'm all ears. Otherwise, it may be time to put this one on the shelf."

I would use quote but I don't know how.

Regards, 

masterxeon2002

@Phil could always just set up an amazon wishlist with stuff for DSP Tries It and let fans buy the products for him. He'll probably find some reason why that isn't viable though.

Edited by Xephyr33

3 hours ago, masterxeon2002 said:

TheyCallMeDSP

1 hour ago, Xephyr33 said:

@Phil could always just set up an amazon wishlist with stuff for DSP Tries It and let fans buy the products for him. He'll probably find some reason why that isn't viable though.

Asking fans to come out of pocket to fund the continuation of a series, on top of patrion, on top of tips, cheers, subs ect, is a bit much in my opinion, Phil already has that E beggar stigma let's not push it.

Based on the nature of that tweet it seems that a cooking show is more warranted at the moment.

With that said DSP Tries it was initially a variety review series, but it quickly turned into a food only review series. When he first did DSP Tries it he reviewed drinks, his merch, joysticks/controllers, and even that RC car from Black Ops.

Also, I don't get why the show needs to be a product he consumes and reviews live. What does it matter if he gives his opinion on it later? Phil recently bought new headphones, monitor, and got his "sponsored" chair. He could have reviewed anyone of those. Yet his "special" episode is going to be a joke product...

Edited by Nich2440

1 hour ago, Nich2440 said:

Based on the nature of that tweet it seems that a cooking show is more warranted at the moment.

With that said DSP Tries it was initially a variety review series, but it quickly turned into a food only review series. When he first did DSP Tries it he reviewed drinks, his merch, joysticks/controllers, and even that RC car from Black Ops.

Also, I don't get why the show needs to be a product he consumes and reviews live. What does it matter if he gives his opinion on it later? Phil recently bought new headphones, monitor, and got his "sponsored" chair. He could have reviewed anyone of those. Yet his "special" episode is going to be a joke product...

The hook of DSP tries it is that Phil is trying things outside the realm of gaming, if he just reviews a monitor or a headset that's boring any gamer can tell you about they're newest piece of tech, but not every gamer is going to take you to they're favorite restaurants, or review they're favorite hair care products, I think if done right the series could be a great diversion from nonstop gaming related content for both Phil and the viewers.

Edited by Hatter

Currently the $10 perk is getting a shout out on ATK which is weak, why not add to this the ability to vote what item Phil covers for his next DSP Tries It, which Phil could do an episode once a month.

4 hours ago, Hatter said:

but not every gamer is going to take you to they're favorite restaurants, or review they're favorite hair care products

Also good ideas (Even though Phil doesn't use hair products).

3 hours ago, WOOF! said:

Currently the $10 perk is getting a shout out on ATK which is weak, why not add to this the ability to vote what item Phil covers for his next DSP Tries It, which Phil could do an episode once a month.

This is a good idea because the perk will pay for the product.

And another thing. A DSP Tries it is typically 5-10 minutes and are of products that Phil was going to consume regardless. So who cares if he makes shit money on it?

Edited by Nich2440
  • Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Nich2440 said:

This is a good idea because the perk will pay for the product.

Exactly my thinking, plus it gives Patrons something else to vote on.

On 4/23/2018 at 3:31 PM, Nich2440 said:

He really didn't review those things thats crazy.

..which montior did he get btw

On 4/23/2018 at 9:50 PM, WOOF! said:

Looks like Phil is trying this idea out. :D 

On ‎4‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 10:26 PM, masterxeon2002 said:

Looks like Phil is trying this idea out. :D 

Great, want to see what conditions Phil is going to apply on any potential vote first though, I have a few ideas for nominations if it does go ahead.

17 hours ago, Blk_Mage_Ctype said:

How about something completely different?

An Ancestry DNA Test.

Great idea.