The King of Hate Forums
Jarvis

DSPGaming Wiki

Hello guys, today I came across this. http://youtube.wikia.com/wiki/DarksydePhil

I think this article is very honest and I personally laughed my ass of because of the quotes at the end :D

What do you guys think?

I kinda whish that all those stupid haters would read that.

• Upvote 2

Well, based on what I've seen of Phil's videos, I noticed that the article definitely provides a summary of things about Phil, but some parts are somewhat questionable. For example, the section referring to Retsupurae as being what turned the tide against him.That just seems kind of unlikely, since they're not exactly the "end all be all" of Youtube fame. Heck, they made fun of PewDiePie and MarkiplierGames but they're still going strong.

• Upvote 4

Now that I think about it, doesn't Phil have a few more entries on the Web?

I think I'll list them below, go check them out if you want.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Creator/TheKingOfHate

http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/people/darksydephil-dspgaming

Some of the information feels outdated though, just to warn you guys. I also excluded Encyclopedia Dramatic because its basically a troll site.

• Upvote 1

"Darksydephil's commentary is characterized by his honest (yet at times controversial, highly ignorant and/or lacking in common sense) opinions and thoughts on the situation in the game that he's playing. He speaks with strong viewpoints and will usually appeal to his fans and new viewers alike

^before

"DarksydePhil's style of commentary is characterized by his honest (at times controversial) opinions and thoughts on the situation in the game that he is playing. He speaks with strong viewpoints and will usually appeal to his fans and new viewers alike."

^ after

LOL

• Upvote 1

B8CyoJlCMAEX0Wn.png_large.png.b28dd0fe0ahttp://thekingofhate.com/forums/uploads/monthly_2015_01/u66xHHS.jpg.d9e024cd7baf68af000888e8dbbc5398.jpg

Phil edited the article himself a lot, so it cannot be considered factual since he writes everything from his point of view which shows him in a better light.

While it may be his right to edit information about himself, it's not making a wiki article factual.

I kinda whish that all those stupid haters would read that.

Smart people instead question the sources of information.

u66xHHS.jpg

• Upvote 5

http://thekingofhate.com/forums/uploads/monthly_2015_01/B8CyoJlCMAEX0Wn.png_large.png.b28dd0fe0a82d4fcd72eb597a926436d.pnghttp://thekingofhate.com/forums/uploads/monthly_2015_01/u66xHHS.jpg.d9e024cd7baf68af000888e8dbbc5398.jpg

Phil edited the article himself a lot, so it cannot be considered factual since he writes everything from his point of view which shows him in a better light.

While it may be his right to edit information about himself, it's not making a wiki article factual.

Smart people instead question the sources of information.

http://thekingofhate.com/forums/uploads/monthly_2015_01/u66xHHS.jpg.d9e024cd7baf68af000888e8dbbc5398.jpg

​Ah... that does explain quite a bit. Thank you for the information! How do you find that edit log thing?

If you don't think the person who's the subject of a wiki would have the best knowledge of the situation, then you probably don't want the real knowledge. Just the same bandwagon negativity that everyone spouts.

I was completely fair in the things that I edited and took out complete and utter crap from obvious immature children. It wasn't even written in proper grammar or English, for the most part.

If you don't think the person who's the subject of a wiki would have the best knowledge of the situation, then you probably don't want the real knowledge. Just the same bandwagon negativity that everyone spouts.

I was completely fair in the things that I edited and took out complete and utter crap from obvious immature children. It wasn't even written in proper grammar or English, for the most part.

​Just because it wasn't written by the person it's about, does not mean it is just "Bandwagon negativity".

• Upvote 1

Why don't you embrace being a comedic personality on Youtube Phil and not necessarily take yourself so seriously all the time? I miss stuff like your attempts at trying to dance during some party games for instance. 

​Just because it wasn't written by the person it's about, does not mean it is just "Bandwagon negativity".

​Calling my girlfriend my "daughter" repeatedly, repeating the same tired negativity that you hear in the tons of montages/hateful videos about me on YouTube, and making up fake insulting quotes are "bandwagon negativity" and that's what was on there when I last checked. How about you actually look at the page before you talk about something you know nothing about?

• Upvote 4

​Calling my girlfriend my "daughter" repeatedly, repeating the same tired negativity that you hear in the tons of montages/hateful videos about me on YouTube, and making up fake insulting quotes are "bandwagon negativity" and that's what was on there when I last checked. How about you actually look at the page before you talk about something you know nothing about?

​Whoa why don't you calm down? Why is it even an issue? Aren't you the Self-proclaimed "King of Hate"? Get used to the hate since you refuse to change.

• Upvote 2

If you don't think the person who's the subject of your i would have the best knowledge of the situation, then you probably don't want the real knowledge. Just the same bandwagon negativity that everyone spouts.

​I don't think he was trying to say you don't know your own history best. But he was saying that you can never write a wiki page that isn't biased to hide anything negative about yourself to make you look better. Only a neutral 3rd party will include the positive and negative. Just because something makes you look bad doesn't mean you should exclude that information about yourself.

• Upvote 4

​How could he look at the page if you already edited it?

• Upvote 2

If you don't think the person who's the subject of a wiki would have the best knowledge of the situation, then you probably don't want the real knowledge.

​It can also be a biased account of facts, especially when the subject, you in this instance, has a history of removing fact if it doesn't make you appear in the best light or claiming to have invented let's plays and raw gameplay.  Anyone with a modicum of intelligence would know the best persin to write such a wiki would be a neutral party that is open to giving both sides, not those invested in detracting and certainly not the person who the wiki is about.  Truth/fact should be just that, it should be honest in its intentions and not one persons skewed account of the facts.

And this blanket statement of 'misinformation negativity found in montages' etc won't cut it anymore, you are going to have to stop referencing it or give examples based in fact as that type of dismissal carries no weight whatsoever.

• Upvote 1

​It can also be a biased account of facts, especially when the subject, you in this instance, has a history of removing fact if it doesn't make you appear in the best light or claiming to have invented let's plays and raw gameplay.  Anyone with a modicum of intelligence would know the best persin to write such a wiki would be a neutral party that is open to giving both sides, not those invested in detracting and certainly not the person who the wiki is about.  Truth/fact should be just that, it should be honest in its intentions and not one persons skewed account of the facts.

​I completely agree except for the nonsense about "creating lets plays and raw gameplay" which I never said, but you're a known negative person on here so I'm not surprised you're talking out of your butt like usual.

That wiki was around for years, never had a problem with it. Then (no surprise) once the TIHYDP and "DSP Tries It" movements started, it started getting more and more negative to the point where the entire thing was littered with insults, misinformation and nonsense.

I cleaned it up, and from time to time I go back to remove the nonsense. I'm the only invested party so obviously I'm the only one who's going to do it.

"Neutral" parties regularly go there to update things such as my review scores, ongoing series etc. and that is appreciated.

• Upvote 1

​I completely agree except for the nonsense about "creating lets plays and raw gameplay" which I never said, but you're a known negative person on here so I'm not surprised you're talking out of your butt like usual.

That wiki was around for years, never had a problem with it. Then (no surprise) once the TIHYDP and "DSP Tries It" movements started, it started getting more and more negative to the point where the entire thing was littered with insults, misinformation and nonsense.

I cleaned it up, and from time to time I go back to remove the nonsense. I'm the only invested party so obviously I'm the only one who's going to do it.

"Neutral" parties regularly go there to update things such as my review scores, ongoing series etc. and that is appreciated.

​But it's not YOUR wiki, it's the public wiki that just happens to be about you. Anyone is allowed to type what they feel like typing.

• Upvote 5

​Its not bandwagoning  its just more people not liking you it happens man.You dont need to make a big deal about this most people dont really care what it says you dont have to get angry about people and  insult them. Most people dont even know it was there. Also why does the whole daughter thing bother you so much i get that as well from people because my girlfriend is really short and looks young i just laugh at it i find it funny people see that chill man. 

​Whoa whoa, "negative"? Hold on check your facts and realize that I say what you NEED to hear not what you WANT to hear. You say I'm negative? You're damn right I am, because I am the most cynical person, but I am negative to help YOU out because you don't feel like listening to anyone but the people who fill your head up with nothing but lies. You want everyone to respect you? Then respect other people not sharing your opinions. Oh and grow up, you're a 32 year old man who can't take any form of criticism, I am 18 years old and even I can handle criticism better than you.

• Upvote 5

​Whoa whoa, "negative"? Hold on check your facts and realize that I say what you NEED to hear not what you WANT to hear. You say I'm negative? You're damn right I am, because I am the most cynical person, but I am negative to help YOU out because you don't feel like listening to anyone but the people who fill your head up with nothing but lies. You want everyone to respect you? Then respect other people not sharing your opinions. Oh and grow up, you're a 32 year old man who can't take any form of criticism, I am 18 years old and even I can handle criticism better than you.

​I could be wrong but I don't think Phil's response was directed at you.

​I think this article was pretty neutral though.

I agree that most of it is pretty neutral. People who follow Phil's work are able to tell the fact from the nonsense, it's just a shame that new people might come across the wiki and think some of that crap is true. 

​I could be wrong but I don't think Phil's response was directed at you.

I agree that most of it is pretty neutral. People who follow Phil's work are able to tell the fact from the nonsense, it's just a shame that new people might come across the wiki and think some of that crap is true. 

​I realized that now, but my point still stands.