The King of Hate Forums
LastRambo341

What previous games, that Phil played, would you like him to replay in a higher difficulty setting?

Yeah, Resident Evil Remastered for sure but also The Last of Us with the no HUD mode. Someone also mentioned Alien Isolation.

1 hour ago, Nich2440 said:

Yeah, Resident Evil Remastered for sure but also The Last of Us with the no HUD mode. Someone also mentioned Alien Isolation.

Yes but with Chris

-dmc3 or 4,

-bayonetta 1 or 2 

-dark souls 3 ng+ 

-bloodborne ng+ (maybe at later date)

Or just finish up some of the games he ragequit bcos of the difficulty like

-nioh dlc

-xcom

He wants challenge right?

Edited by Cappuccino

God of War 2

I don’t understand the obsession with dark souls. He already played the game many times. 

He didn’t rage quit Nioh. When will people understand that? Phil said it was a bad timing when it came out. 

Maybe Minecraft on hardcore mode with people who tip at least $5 or so giving him goals. I guess that's more of a challenge run than just playing a game on hard mode though.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Meteo_Zegarra2018 said:

God of War 2

I don’t understand the obsession with dark souls. He already played the game many times. 

He didn’t rage quit Nioh. When will people understand that? Phil said it was a bad timing when it came out. 

Dark souls/bb are his go to games. He said it himself and it brings in views. Thats why i suggested it.

Ok so it was bad timing then, so when will the “bad timing” be over so he can return to it again?

He'd never go back to them but it doesn't make much sense to ever play Persona 3, 4 or 5 ever on Easy. Should have been normal if not hard. 

7 hours ago, Meteo_Zegarra2018 said:

Souls games bring in the most viewers/participants. I for one personally wont watch not because I'm not a souls fan, I am a huge fan of the franchise, its because I know when Phil picks them up it's a cash grab and it sucks to see a series I love turn into that.

Edited by Hatter
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Cappuccino said:

-dmc3 or 4,

-bayonetta 1 or 2 

-dark souls 3 ng+ 

-bloodborne ng+ (maybe at later date)

Or just finish up some of the games he ragequit bcos of the difficulty like

-nioh dlc

-xcom

He wants challenge right?

XCOM: Enemy Unknown iron man difficulty  

2 hours ago, Nich2440 said:

But for a first time playing a Persona game normal would destroy you.

I played my first Persona game(Persona 3) when I was in HS, it wasn't THAT bad. Add that DSP has common RPG knowledge having played so many and I always felt it was a curious decision. 

4 hours ago, Hatter said:

Souls games bring in the most viewers/participants. I for one personally wont watch not because I'm not a souls fan, I am a huge fan of the franchise, its because I know when Phil picks them up it's a cash grab and it sucks to see a series I love turn into that.

You're right, it's not like I could personally enjoy something that I'm playing AND make money at the same time. /sarcasm

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Blackspawn89 said:

I played my first Persona game(Persona 3) when I was in HS, it wasn't THAT bad. Add that DSP has common RPG knowledge having played so many and I always felt it was a curious decision. 

Well also keep in mind that if you forget to save or are stuck in a long run in the dungeon you can lose everything from a random crit or dark/light attack. On Easy you can at least have some continues. Once you get familiar with the strategies in the game then it makes sense to up the difficulty.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Phil said:

You're right, it's not like I could personally enjoy something that I'm playing AND make money at the same time. /sarcasm

Dont play me, I'm not an idiot, I'm not saying that you hate the games, but the "redemption runs" are cash grabs, plain and simple, if souls games didn't bring in the $$$ you wouldn't even touch them, if your run of Bloodborne was getting you less than 300 viewers a stream it would have been dropped. When you first quit BB you said that you would never touch it again and you were "done"  now all of a sudden you love the game right around the time you need subs and tips,nothing wrong with making your money but dont front with false passion.

4 minutes ago, Hatter said:

Edited by Hatter
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Hatter said:

Dont play me, I'm not an idiot, I'm not saying that you hate the games, but the "redemption runs" are cash grabs, plain and simple, if souls games didn't bring in the $$$ you wouldn't even touch them, if your run of Bloodborne was getting you less than 300 viewers a stream it would have been dropped. When you first quit BB you said that you would never touch it again and you were "done"  now all of a sudden you love the game right around the time you need subs and tips,nothing wrong with making your money but dont front with false passion.

I honestly don't see what the problem is. It's his job. Would it not make sense to play what gets him the most money?

6 hours ago, Nich2440 said:

Well also keep in mind that if you forget to save or are stuck in a long run in the dungeon you can lose everything from a random crit or dark/light attack. On Easy you can at least have some continues. Once you get familiar with the strategies in the game then it makes sense to up the difficulty.

Yep, I once watched a video of another let's player playing P3, he got insta-killed via Hama without having a turn, against the horse knight mini-boss.

3 hours ago, Nich2440 said:

I honestly don't see what the problem is. It's his job. Would it not make sense to play what gets him the most money?

It's not a problem on his end. Its smart business to do what brings in the quickest and most profit in the shortest time, I totally understand WHY he does it. On my end however it seeing a franchise that I love, games that I consider akin to art being treated like utters on a cow, that's why I prefer not to watch.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Hatter said:

Sure thing Hazzer!

58 minutes ago, Cappuccino said:

Well he did turned in bloodborne (the base game) just for a quick buck.

...Or it's just a great game. 

5 minutes ago, ThatDogGuy said:

...Or it's just a great game. 

Yes it is! Thats why it makes no sense for him to sell it back to the store if he liked the game.

2 hours ago, Hatter said:

It's not a problem on his end. Its smart business to do what brings in the quickest and most profit in the shortest time, I totally understand WHY he does it. On my end however it seeing a franchise that I love, games that I consider akin to art being treated like utters on a cow, that's why I prefer not to watch.

i can see where you coming from with that statement