The King of Hate Forums
JohnathanCross

Kingdom Hearts 3 is coming out soon... Phil, a suggestion.

Phil, i'm an insane fan of you. I've watched almost all of your playthroughs.

I'm a big fan of the Kingdom Hearts series, so i can't wait for your awesome KH3 playthrough.

However... Phil, before playing KH3, YOU NEED TO PLAY Birth By Sleep and Dream Drop Distance.

If you don't play those two games, you're not going to understand anything about the plot of KH3.

This is not like KH2, where you can skip Chain of Memories, and the only thing you will not understand is the Roxas prologue.

If you don't play Birth By Sleep and Dream Drop Distance... You're going to understand absolutely nothing in KH3. 

It's very likely that KH3 will come out this Christmas... Maybe you could do a summer play through of BBS and DDD?

Hope you actually get around to playing those games, they are pretty fun actually.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, JohnathanCross said:

Phil, i'm an insane fan of you. I've watched almost all of your playthroughs.

I'm a big fan of the Kingdom Hearts series, so i can't wait for your awesome KH3 playthrough.

However... Phil, before playing KH3, YOU NEED TO PLAY Birth By Sleep and Dream Drop Distance.

If you don't play those two games, you're not going to understand anything about the plot of KH3.

This is not like KH2, where you can skip Chain of Memories, and the only thing you will not understand is the Roxas prologue.

If you don't play Birth By Sleep and Dream Drop Distance... You're going to understand absolutely nothing in KH3. 

It's very likely that KH3 will come out this Christmas... Maybe you could do a summer play through of BBS and DDD?

Hope you actually get around to playing those games, they are pretty fun actually.

i hope too!

I've tried telling phil this same exact thing. He seems really adamant about not playing another kingdom hearts game until 3 though. Hey, if he changes his mind, awesome, but until then I'll probably watch someone else play kh3. I'd rather not watch him crap on the game cause he refused to play the other games. 

1 hour ago, Mikleo said:

I've tried telling phil this same exact thing. He seems really adamant about not playing another kingdom hearts game until 3 though. Hey, if he changes his mind, awesome, but until then I'll probably watch someone else play kh3. I'd rather not watch him crap on the game cause he refused to play the other games. 

He's probably just gonna read the plot summaries on wikipedia like he did with the ones between KH1 and KH2.

It's BS that Square Enix forced KH fans to buy spin offs on other game systems to get the whole story, I heard that KH3 is the last in the series, but if isn't and they pull the same trick again, KH fans should mass boycott future games after KH3.

Edited by WOOF

3 hours ago, WOOF said:

It's BS that Square Enix forced KH fans to buy spin offs on other game systems to get the whole story, I heard that KH3 is the last in the series, but if isn't and they pull the same trick again, KH fans should mass boycott future games after KH3.

Why? Square Enix isn't strictly Playstation or Nintendo anymore, they can release their games on whatever system they want. And are you actually upset they released a few games on at the time the highest selling gaming portable? The main series is still on Playstation. I don't think anyone is upset over what you're complaining about.

7 hours ago, WOOF said:

I read that it was an end in a saga. Not necessarily the series.

12 hours ago, LazyDave said:

Why? Square Enix isn't strictly Playstation or Nintendo anymore, they can release their games on whatever system they want. And are you actually upset they released a few games on at the time the highest selling gaming portable? The main series is still on Playstation. I don't think anyone is upset over what you're complaining about.

No problem with SE selling games on any system, it's when they only included bit and pieces of the plot in KH2, forced their fans to pay full retail price on another game/system in order to get the whole picture for KH3, gamers seems more savvy today and if SE try that crap again they get called out on it big time.

On 5/27/2018 at 5:18 AM, WOOF said:

No problem with SE selling games on any system, it's when they only included bit and pieces of the plot in KH2, forced their fans to pay full retail price on another game/system in order to get the whole picture for KH3, gamers seems more savvy today and if SE try that crap again they get called out on it big time.

well, you can own the entire kh franchise with one purchase nowadays on the ps4. 

4 hours ago, Mikleo said:

well, you can own the entire kh franchise with one purchase nowadays on the ps4. 

Great, but I hope they don't start releasing spin offs in the future with parts of the KH3 story, just to squeeze extra dollars/pounds out of gamers, I am going to wait and see myself, I've learned my lesson from the 1st two games.

Well, it's 2019 now. And from late January, to February 4th 2019, Phil's been playing, the long awaited Kingdom Hearts 3. So check out his live playthrough on twitch, or watch it on youtube:biggrin:

My how time has flied, since this topic was created, sometime mid last year.:cool:

Edited by musicboy

I'm going to guess that Phil didn't play any of the side games or read up on the story at all, so it's probably confusing the fuck out of him with time travel and stuff.

2 hours ago, KGhaleon said:

I'm going to guess that Phil didn't play any of the side games or read up on the story at all, so it's probably confusing the fuck out of him with time travel and stuff.

Oh he has almost fell asleep during todays stream and has said the game isnt that fun. Somebody asked if KH3 would be in his top games of the year and he scoffed at the concept.

Oh no, I just noticed this.

kh3.jpg

I also just realized from looking at his playlists that he's only played the mainline titles KH 1-3, guessing he skipped all the other games?

Wow I bet he had zero clue what the story was about.

I'm not even gonna click that.

4 hours ago, KGhaleon said:

Oh no, I just noticed this.

kh3.jpg

I also just realized from looking at his playlists that he's only played the mainline titles KH 1-3, guessing he skipped all the other games?

Wow I bet he had zero clue what the story was about.

I'm not even gonna click that.

I'l save you 20 minutes.

Gave it a 7/10, said the game is not worth playing and not worth the wait.

3 hours ago, Etika said:

I'l save you 20 minutes.

Don't care what he rated it.

On 2/6/2019 at 7:44 PM, Etika said:

After seeing that score, now I'm more than curious, to play that KH3 game, for myself.

Edited by musicboy

Love Phil's reviews, they were what brought me here in the first place.

Probably one of the top five reviewers on Youtube, not scared of what the masses think.

Edited by ThatDogGuy

9 hours ago, ThatDogGuy said:

Love Phil's reviews, they were what brought me here in the first place.

Probably one of the top five reviewers on Youtube, not scared of what the masses think.

How could it possibly be good if he skipped most of the games in the series?

From the sounds of it, he was confused af at the story and one of the videos I watched he was skipping through the dialogue in a rush to finish it.

11 hours ago, KGhaleon said:

From the sounds of it, he was confused af at the story and one of the videos I watched he was skipping through the dialogue in a rush to finish it.

Didn't say I even watched this review, just commenting that his reviews are some of the best. Don't care about this game either and don't get the connection between Anime and Disney, it's not something I've ever cared about. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, KGhaleon said:

From the sounds o

The game shouldn't discriminate against those who didn't play the previous games in the series.

I watched a few of his end game videos, he couldn't even remember things from games he's played. He even forgot about simple things like the paopu fruit from KH1.

Dude didn't know who half the characters were because he skipped chain of memories and birth by sleep.

This must be up there as one of his worst playthroughs.

:edit: Now that I think about it, did he even know who the main villain was? That dude was introduced in Dream drop and birth by sleep which I doubt he played.

I have such an aneurysm from thinking about this. It's like watching someone read the final book in a series and skipping three or four of them.

I think I'm gonna step away from these forums for a bit.

17 hours ago, KGhaleon said:

I watched a few of his end game videos, he couldn't even remember things from games he's played. He even forgot about simple things like the paopu fruit from KH1.

Dude didn't know who half the characters were because he skipped chain of memories and birth by sleep.

This must be up there as one of his worst playthroughs.

:edit: Now that I think about it, did he even know who the main villain was? That dude was introduced in Dream drop and birth by sleep which I doubt he played.

I have such an aneurysm from thinking about this. It's like watching someone read the final book in a series and skipping three or four of them.

I think I'm gonna step away from these forums for a bit.

In reality, what I said was this:

The game is bipolar because it wasn't really designed for anyone. The difficulty is piss easy in combat to make newcomers be able to jump in, but they wouldn't understand the story. The story ties up ALL lose ends for all games in the series, which is amazing for longtime fans, but then the combat is the easiest in the series. So it really doesn't appeal to EITHER audience, even on Proud mode (Which is still easy), unless all you cared about was the story.

I can appreciate a game developer doing their damndest to tie up the plotlines to a good 8+ games, which have convoluted a story to the point of extreme confusion unless you've replayed all of the games multiple times. From what I can tell, they actually DID manage to do it. But that's not excuse for the combat, the main gameplay mechanic in the game, being so grindy, repetitive and easy. So the game is a 7/10 just on those grounds.

• Like 1