The King of Hate Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Nich2440

Would anyone be interested in seeing Phil play The Elder Scrolls Online

The reason I ask this is because MMOs are something that DSP almost never tries and the lore of Elder Scrolls may make it interesting. They also have added a ton of content over the years and the latest expansion is being released for console next week. Considering that Phil loved Skyrim and I know there are a few users here that will love to see an MMO series I think it makes sense to try this out. Thoughts?

After what happened with World Of Warcraft, I don't think Phil will ever play an MMO again. If he does happen to tackle an MMO he's going to put up heavy defenses for trolls and essentially water down the game to a singleplayer experience, making the whole play-through rather pointless for those types of games.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Amityville said:

No. Elder Scrolls online is terrible. Rather see him play Oblivion or Morrowind.

Well, the PS4 version got positive reviews. I wouldn't say it's terrible.

4 hours ago, Nich2440 said:

It's done better than I thought it would, by which I mean. Lasted long enough to still get talked about in 2018 but it is still a lame version of world of warcraft.

Edited by masterxeon2002
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Nich2440 said:

That's quite subjective. Would depend on the source.

34 minutes ago, Amityville said:

That's quite subjective. Would depend on the source.

1. Of course it's subjective 2. The source is Metacritic which is a collection of reviews so at least there is a consensus.

Im interested in phil doing raids, any mmo will do. But we all know that will never happen. He bailed on destiny2 raid even when he was so close to be able to do it.

1 hour ago, KGhaleon said:

Everyone I know says that's the most boring MMO ever.

I only mentioned it bcos its the closest he ever got to having a raid experience. My favorites and preferred are still ff14 and wow.

14 hours ago, Amityville said:

No. Elder Scrolls online is terrible. Rather see him play Oblivion or Morrowind.

Good suggestion!

Elder Scrolls Online sucks as pretty much everyone said. 

On 5/29/2018 at 7:03 PM, Nich2440 said:

The reason I ask this is because MMOs are something that DSP almost never tries and the lore of Elder Scrolls may make it interesting. They also have added a ton of content over the years and the latest expansion is being released for console next week. Considering that Phil loved Skyrim and I know there are a few users here that will love to see an MMO series I think it makes sense to try this out. Thoughts?

I personally dont like Elders Scroll Online but you're right, I would love to see him play even that. Sadly he will never play one again because of the all trolling that can happen in MMOs

On 5/29/2018 at 7:35 PM, HerosScrolls said:

After what happened with World Of Warcraft, I don't think Phil will ever play an MMO again. If he does happen to tackle an MMO he's going to put up heavy defenses for trolls and essentially water down the game to a singleplayer experience, making the whole play-through rather pointless for those types of games.

True, as long as there is no real troll protection for an MMO which allows to still play with others, he wont play one ever again.

3 hours ago, Amityville said:

Oh oh. Someones not happy on the difference of opinion.

I asked a question to clarify the opinion. I never played ESO. I couldn't care less if people don't like it. I'm just curious as to why.

5 hours ago, Nich2440 said:

I asked a question to clarify the opinion. I never played ESO. I couldn't care less if people don't like it. I'm just curious as to why.

I think its just money making for the developers and not as good as the other Elder Scrolls games.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 5/31/2018 at 3:14 AM, Sonago said:

I think its just money making for the developers and not as good as the other Elder Scrolls games.

You're going have to be more specific than that. Like what are the flaws of the game?

But anyways if not ESO then what MMO would people be interested in?

On 5/31/2018 at 2:14 AM, Sonago said:

Money making in what way? There's no subscription fee for ESO and any and all microtransactions are just cosmetic stuff. The only money you spend is a one time payment to buy the game and the the expansions after that. It's much less of a money sink than say WoW or FF14.

On ‎5‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 6:35 PM, HerosScrolls said:

^This^ sadly since WOW online was very funny.

1 hour ago, WOOF said:

^This^ sadly since WOW online was very funny.

Dude, just to let you know that "Hero" guy you just replied to was a troll.

10 hours ago, Nich2440 said:

You're going have to be more specific than that. Like what are the flaws of the game?

But anyways if not ESO then what MMO would people be interested in?

I dont think the game has any major flaws that I could tell you, except that I dont feel the story is as good as in the other Elder Scroll game.

Like said, I would love to watch him play any MMO, but only if Phil could play them without the trolling, But I doubt that will happen anytime soon.

8 hours ago, Xephyr33 said:

Money making in what way? There's no subscription fee for ESO and any and all microtransactions are just cosmetic stuff. The only money you spend is a one time payment to buy the game and the the expansions after that. It's much less of a money sink than say WoW or FF14.

In the way of not investing the time and effort like the older Elders Scrolls. They rather threw some of their stuff together and made it an MMO. The game doesnt feel like it was made with the love like the other parts. Specially with the popularity, which Skyrim brought them, I think they wanted to make some easy cash instead of putting out a quality game.

Imo WoW is still his best option on playing mmo. Since he quited at level 15, which is the minimum level required for dungeons, he could start leveling purely thru dungeons so he wouldnt have to face the trolls.

Ff14 has better options at blocking out trolls, but i doubt phil will grind to endgame which is the highlight of ff14.

36 minutes ago, Cappuccino said:

Imo WoW is still his best option on playing mmo. Since he quited at level 15, which is the minimum level required for dungeons, he could start leveling purely thru dungeons so he wouldnt have to face the trolls.

Ff14 has better options at blocking out trolls, but i doubt phil will grind to endgame which is the highlight of ff14.

That was another option considered. Is the game good story wise?

3 hours ago, Sonago said:

I dont think the game has any major flaws that I could tell you, except that I dont feel the story is as good as in the other Elder Scroll game.

Like said, I would love to watch him play any MMO, but only if Phil could play them without the trolling, But I doubt that will happen anytime soon.

In the way of not investing the time and effort like the older Elders Scrolls. They rather threw some of their stuff together and made it an MMO. The game doesnt feel like it was made with the love like the other parts. Specially with the popularity, which Skyrim brought them, I think they wanted to make some easy cash instead of putting out a quality game.

That's a fair point. However, most MMOs aren't story based from my understanding and even if it's not a traditional Elder Scrolls game I feel simply having the Elder Scrolls quest system would make it an interesting stream IMO.

9 hours ago, MDCFAN101 said:

Dude, just to let you know that "Hero" guy you just replied to was a troll.

Even if he was a troll, that particular comment was just about spot on, I would be surprised if Phil ever plays an online MMO again.