The King of Hate Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Nich2440

Would anyone be interested in seeing Phil play The Elder Scrolls Online

11 hours ago, WOOF said:

Even if he was a troll, that particular comment was just about spot on, I would be surprised if Phil ever plays an online MMO again.

TBH with you bro, I would never trust a troll because 99.9% of the shit that comes of their mouths is trollish garbage.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, MDCFAN101 said:

TBH with you bro, I would never trust a troll because 99.9% of the shit that comes of their mouths is trollish garbage.

I agree with you, this time the person was right though.

On 5/29/2018 at 1:35 PM, HerosScrolls said:

After what happened with World Of Warcraft, I don't think Phil will ever play an MMO again.

It's been a year since I played, but IIRC ESO will give you quest credit and XP for doing any(?) damage to a mob before it dies. Furthermore, pretty much all mobs scale in ESO so you won't have the issue of max level chars coming up and 1 shotting creatures. Even if a mob of people try to repeat what happened in WoW, I imagine it'd still be possible to finish quests. In fact it could potentially be easier since he'd only need to hit a mob 1-2 times then he'd full credit as everyone else killed it.

As to ESO itself, if you're going to play an MMO it's a good choice due it's story focus and the fact that all NPCs are voice acted.

Pros and cons of ESO:

+ Stories, lore are interesting and not just throwaway filler to get you XP

+ Pretty much all areas scale so you can go wherever you want. Get bored of 1 area? Move to another and you'll get the same amount of XP

+ Lots of customization as far as skills. You can have a caster who wears plate and uses a 2 handed sword or a rogue who focuses on magic.

+ Crafting can actually make useful items, depending on your build

+ Player housing

- Combat is fairly meh due to limited skill selection and the animations lack "oomph"

- Unless you ignore gathering crafting mats IMO you really need the premium sub to avoid a lot of inventory tetris. If you don't gather mats it's probably fine to play the F2P version

- Loot boxes exist

Overall ESO is one of the best MMOs around now (including WoW, FFXIV, Guild Wars 2 and Black Desert Online.)  I'm actually about to start again since the new expansion came out and I was quite pleased with the last one, Morrowind.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, VertigoTeaparty said:

It's been a year since I played, but IIRC ESO will give you quest credit and XP for doing any(?) damage to a mob before it dies. Furthermore, pretty much all mobs scale in ESO so you won't have the issue of max level chars coming up and 1 shotting creatures. Even if a mob of people try to repeat what happened in WoW, I imagine it'd still be possible to finish quests. In fact it could potentially be easier since he'd only need to hit a mob 1-2 times then he'd full credit as everyone else killed it.

As to ESO itself, if you're going to play an MMO it's a good choice due it's story focus and the fact that all NPCs are voice acted.

Pros and cons of ESO:

+ Stories, lore are interesting and not just throwaway filler to get you XP

+ Pretty much all areas scale so you can go wherever you want. Get bored of 1 area? Move to another and you'll get the same amount of XP

+ Lots of customization as far as skills. You can have a caster who wears plate and uses a 2 handed sword or a rogue who focuses on magic.

+ Crafting can actually make useful items, depending on your build

+ Player housing

- Combat is fairly meh due to limited skill selection and the animations lack "oomph"

- Unless you ignore gathering crafting mats IMO you really need the premium sub to avoid a lot of inventory tetris. If you don't gather mats it's probably fine to play the F2P version

- Loot boxes exist

Overall ESO is one of the best MMOs around now (including WoW, FFXIV, Guild Wars 2 and Black Desert Online.)  I'm actually about to start again since the new expansion came out and I was quite pleased with the last one, Morrowind.

Nice summary of the game. I enjoyed it as well when I played. Funny moments at the market place when ppl were trying to steal shit and getting wrecked by the guards.

I also believe the game has virtually every location in the Elder Scrolls universe. Even the ones that don't have their own game.

24 minutes ago, Icureditwithmybrain said:

Nah, I'd rather see him do a 2nd Skyrim run.

Yah. Even that. Elder Scrolls Online is just a terrible idea.

6 hours ago, Amityville said:

Yah. Even that. Elder Scrolls Online is just a terrible idea.

You keep saying that without elaboting. It's kind of annoying.

12 hours ago, Nich2440 said:

You keep saying that without elaboting. It's kind of annoying.

Why would he want to repeat what's already been said by the others if he agrees with them? 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ThatDogGuy said:

Why would he want to repeat what's already been said by the others if he agrees with them? 

Because I'd like to know what he's basing it on. Is that really too much to ask for?

Anyways you can now get it on gamepass so I'm going to try it for myself.