The King of Hate Forums
aproxymate

Was the Cyberpower PC only meant for streaming?

Just my opinion, but I think he's losing some easy views by not getting into PC gaming. Steam is a huge gaming distribution service and there's new games released almost daily. He could very easily do preview videos for new steam games or indie titles everyday and it would only help his channel.

I'm not sure he could incorporate that alongside what he already does, if he wants to continue playing every mainstream release.  Then again, if he sweeps up new viewership from dabbling in it once or twice a week maybe he'll see the merit in trying it.

I just feel he gives up on PC too easily, a single technical issue and PC games are off for the future?  Other streamers seem to manage it.  You'd think with such a huge investment you'd exhaust all the options before giving in.  It makes me wonder if he's trying to weasel out of it for another reason that he's not saying.  Those powerful graphics cards are sitting there doing absolutely nothing unless he plays some games on it, and deprecating in value to boot.  Plus capturing at 1080p, 60 fps, which he considers a selling point of his streams, is irrelevant when a lot of console games' target frame-rate is 30 fps (and often dips below that).

Just my opinion, but I think he's losing some easy views by not getting into PC gaming. Steam is a huge gaming distribution service and there's new games released almost daily. He could very easily do preview videos for new steam games or indie titles everyday and it would only help his channel.

Indie titles are cheap to get and places like Reddit's /r/free has threads that'll advertise free indie games once in awhile.

Phil playing it and linking the dev would be a win/win. Sticking to mainly console games limits a lot of choice plus games go on sale for PC games daily.

I just feel he gives up on PC too easily, a single technical issue and PC games are off for the future?  Other streamers seem to manage it.  You'd think with such a huge investment you'd exhaust all the options before giving in.

​He hasn't tried using Nvidia shadowplay in conjunction with OBS yet, which I believe would easily solve his framerate problems since Shadowplay utilizes the GPU instead of the CPU to encode when recording footage. In addition if he used Shadowplay to capture 1080p/60fps he would then be able to lower his OBS settings to broadcast at 1080p 30 fps since youtube live streaming only supports 30 fps, thus lowering the CPU resource requirements even more.

​He hasn't tried using Nvidia shadowplay in conjunction with OBS yet, which I believe would easily solve his framerate problems since Shadowplay utilizes the GPU instead of the CPU to encode when recording footage. In addition if he used Shadowplay to capture 1080p/60fps he would then be able to lower his OBS settings to broadcast at 1080p 30 fps since youtube live streaming only supports 30 fps, thus lowering the CPU resource requirements even more.

​Yes, there are certainly things he can try.  I wonder if he's read this thread and is aware of the suggestions people have presented to him.

On 1/24/2015 at 0:25 PM, Marle said:

From what I saw, it looked more like Phil got this powerful PC that would've been able to do *ANYTHING* he threw at it for both streaming and gaming. After what happened with streaming Rage, it LOOKED like he didn't want to do more PC games because of that. 1080p/60fps streaming and recording it is EXTREMELY taxing for any PC, I don't think he realised that. In any case, this is just my dumb speculation. (I have a gaming PC myself and knew what he was going through at the time.)

In my honest opinion, Phil is missing out on a lot of great games on PC. Just hoping he takes another look before throwing the opportunity under the bus.

Also, I believe this thread is in the wrong forum since it's related to Phil.

What happened on rage that made he quite

On 10/02/2015 at 11:51 PM, lourat said:

I'm not sure he could incorporate that alongside what he already does, if he wants to continue playing every mainstream release.  Then again, if he sweeps up new viewership from dabbling in it once or twice a week maybe he'll see the merit in trying it.

There's a lot of unique content on Steam that you can't find anywhere else and that no other Youtubers who are in DSP's level and up tend to play.

Not that it matters to me what DSP dabbles in, but I'm just pointing out that there are a lot of low cost games on Steam that make for some really entertaining videos. One of my favourite Youtuber's AllShamNoWow just recently did one:

• Upvote 1