The King of Hate Forums
Nich2440

What should Phil do moving forward?

Ideas to help Phil improve  

21 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

To my understanding Phil does not do 'co-op' or online multiplayer games with people because last time was disorganized or something of that sort.

One idea could be that Phil sets a Patreon reward for 'co-op' with him for a certain game, but before that he makes a plan for it, so that it is a bit more methodical. He would have to do, each month, an initial poll with a diverse list of multiplayer games that people would like to play with him. Then, after the poll ends, he makes a second poll with the 3 most popular games of the prior, and chooses the winner for the Patreon reward of that month.

7 hours ago, Chin2 said:

I think coming up with some kind of Plan B outside of Twitch and YouTube would probably be smart. 10 years doing this stuff as a full time job is pretty awesome...but I just wonder how much longer that it’s sustainable. 

This is what I always say. Phil has had a couple of incorrect warnings on Twitch which won't ever expire. It only takes one detractor nutter to convince Twitch of another. Plan B's work not just for one night stands, right lads?

3 hours ago, Amityville said:

This is what I always say. Phil has had a couple of incorrect warnings on Twitch which won't ever expire. It only takes one detractor nutter to convince Twitch of another. Plan B's work not just for one night stands, right lads?

Yea....and I fully expect at some point...just like YouTube...the Twitch bubble will burst. 

FYI i'm strongly considering bringing back the Patreon Multiplayer events as it seems people think that would convince people to pledge again. So we'll see!

5 hours ago, Amityville said:

Not sure what this means, at all. That's not how it works. It works like this: a "rolling strike" system that is based on 90 days.

First, you get a warning.

If you get another "violation" within 90 days of said warning, you get 1-day suspension.

If you get a third issue within 90 days of the second issue, you get a 3-day suspension.

If you get a fourth issue within 90 days of the third issue, you get a 7-day suspension.

And it keeps rolling to a month, then 3 months, then indefinitely, I believe.

Once you get 90 days with no warnings or issues, everything resets. That's where I am right now: zero issues, everything has reset. And considering I'm incredibly careful about what I say/do on streams now, I don't EVER foresee having 3 issues arise within 90 days ever again, which would result in a 3-day suspension. SO whoever is making stuff up about Twitch's system is doing so solely for the drama. I've publicly explained this system before, by the way, but apparently people ignored me.

Hey Phil have you heard of a new youtube program called Copyright Match? It will show you videos that match yours and you could ask youtube to remove videos that are obviously stolen from your channel It's only available to channels with 100k subscribers so only DSPGaming would be eligible.

For example if you uploaded your vlogs to DSPGaming you might be able to ask youtube to remove your vlogs that are re-uploaded without editing by detractors

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Tahdel said:

Hey Phil have you heard of a new youtube program called Copyright Match? It will show you videos that match yours and you could ask youtube to remove videos that are obviously stolen from your channel It's only available to channels with 100k subscribers so only DSPGaming would be eligible.

For example if you uploaded your vlogs to DSPGaming you might be able to ask youtube to remove your vlogs that are re-uploaded without editing by detractors

That wouldn't work. YouTube would know that his vlogs were uploaded after the stolen videos.

12 hours ago, Tahdel said:

Amazing. Great time to troll the trolls. :laugh:

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Phil said:

FYI i'm strongly considering bringing back the Patreon Multiplayer events as it seems people think that would convince people to pledge again. So we'll see!

Not sure what this means, at all. That's not how it works. It works like this: a "rolling strike" system that is based on 90 days.

First, you get a warning.

If you get another "violation" within 90 days of said warning, you get 1-day suspension.

If you get a third issue within 90 days of the second issue, you get a 3-day suspension.

If you get a fourth issue within 90 days of the third issue, you get a 7-day suspension.

And it keeps rolling to a month, then 3 months, then indefinitely, I believe.

Once you get 90 days with no warnings or issues, everything resets. That's where I am right now: zero issues, everything has reset. And considering I'm incredibly careful about what I say/do on streams now, I don't EVER foresee having 3 issues arise within 90 days ever again, which would result in a 3-day suspension. SO whoever is making stuff up about Twitch's system is doing so solely for the drama. I've publicly explained this system before, by the way, but apparently people ignored me.

You're right man I'm not sure where I heard about the three strike rule. Sorry about that. I need to get better sources.

Edited by Amityville
  • Like 1

On ‎7‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 2:38 AM, Phil said:

Once you get 90 days with no warnings or issues, everything resets. That's where I am right now: zero issues, everything has reset.

It's been more than 90 days since I got the daft warning from MOA, can you remove it please.

3 hours ago, WOOF said:

It's been more than 90 days since I got the daft warning from MOA, can you remove it please.

I got a very weak warning from MOA as well which caused my other account to get banned so I feel your pain WOOF! 

• Upvote 1

56 minutes ago, Blackspawn89 said:

I got a very weak warning from MOA as well which caused my other account to get banned so I feel your pain WOOF! 

In my experience on here MOA is a good moderator generally, but he has trouble differentiating between trolls and legit users on this forum, I have to commend you for coming back after having your other account banned, don't know if I would have been as forgiving or would have messaged Phil about it, which I assume you did. 

• Upvote 1

So he mentioned on Twitter that if he pulls the plug on YouTube and goes full Twitch that he won't even leave the streams up as a highlight. Is this for real? If I can't make the streams everyday I won't be able to catch up? What is even the reason for that? It'll only piss people off.

BTW uploading the two videos from the stream IS NOT WORK!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Absolutely agree with you Nich. As someone who works 9-5 EST M-F and gets home about 7PM EST, I miss Phil's 1st stream always on the weekdays and it's a formality but I rely on the youtube videos to catch up on the parts. If Phil chooses to do away with Youtube and not leave the streams on twitch, it essentially blocks me from viewing his content because tuning in for just 2 hours for the night stream or the weekend stream(He streams only on Sundays with rare exceptions for Saturday) in the middle of a playthrough that developed from the weekdays would have me lost in the midst of a playthrough. 

What this will essentially force me and others to do is to rely on the TIHYDP route if there is no way to keep up with a playthrough or to see DSP content and essentially just watch a highlight/lowlight recap of the playthrough. This will only boost up the views for TIHYDP's IMHO and unless Phil can strike the iron first by either paying or having someone do the montages for free like they did last year, this might not be a very wise decision. 

I am just one person but I think there are similar people maybe not exactly in my scenario but will look to go to easier content to digest if Phil shuts down his Youtube channel AND does not have archives available. 

BTW who asked for 90 minute videos? I think 30 minute videos are just fine personally speaking, that is in between the 10 minute short videos DSP used to put out. 90 minutes is too long to even view on my PS4 for Youtube. 

Edited by Blackspawn89
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Blackspawn89 said:

Absolutely agree with you Nich. As someone who works 9-5 EST M-F and gets home about 7PM EST, I miss Phil's 1st stream always on the weekdays and it's a formality but I rely on the youtube videos to catch up on the parts. If Phil chooses to do away with Youtube and not leave the streams on twitch, it essentially blocks me from viewing his content because tuning in for just 2 hours for the night stream or the weekend stream(He streams only on Sundays with rare exceptions for Saturday) in the middle of a playthrough that developed from the weekdays would have me lost in the midst of a playthrough. 

What this will essentially force me and others to do is to rely on the TIHYDP route if there is no way to keep up with a playthrough or to see DSP content and essentially just watch a highlight/lowlight recap of the playthrough. This will only boost up the views for TIHYDP's IMHO and unless Phil can strike the iron first by either paying or having someone do the montages for free like they did last year, this might not be a very wise decision. 

I am just one person but I think there are similar people maybe not exactly in my scenario but will look to go to easier content to digest if Phil shuts down his Youtube channel AND does not have archives available. 

BTW who asked for 90 minute videos? I think 30 minute videos are just fine personally speaking, that is in between the 10 minute short videos DSP used to put out. 90 minutes is too long to even view on my PS4 for Youtube. 

I think his fans from 2015 to 2018 asked for 90 or more Minutes. I have encountered this thread and would like to say my experience. I agree with you Nich yes it would only piss people off. But one thing you have to consider It is not youtube 2012. It means many spectators want to see interesting. I like his Grand Theft Auto: Vice City HD playthrough. What I do not understand why he has turned off his comments, because it is not a short video but long videos want to find many funny moments with timestamps. Many Dislikes accumulate from this and it feels like he's in some drama. I saw something at certain games or hated person like youtube. That confuses me.

My suggestion would be it should make longer videos but with one exception. First it would be a good distinction between short middle and long videos. Short videos are approximately a length of a Trailer about 2 to 3 minutes, this should included what happened during the week and what games or events to expect. There should be upload  to Kogaming once a Week. Medium videos should be about 10 to 15 minutes something like browser games such as Tetris also funny moments would be possible. Long Videos should be about 1 to 2. hours he does it right even if he gets 1k views. In twitch he can split the videos. I think it works. In addition, it would be possible to do some reaction videos. Reaction Videos would be Kickstarter reviews I think someone does that in twitch that would be something special for phil.

I press you the thumb and hope that everything works out according to your wishes phil.

Hi guys, brand new here. 

Saw this thread and the alert video, I just have to get this off my chest. 

This has to be one of the biggest slaps Phil has made to his fans out of all the years I've casually watched him. I say that with respect to Phil. He has extreme opinions of other people that he says aren't meant to be insults,  that's exactly how my following words should be taken too. 

This is why I say this is a slap in the face  to his long term fans. For 8 years fans have supported Phil by just watching his content and enjoying it. Over the course of those years, the platform has changed to the point that many content creators had to go to another platform to make money. Eventually Phil had to do the same, but he's always assured the YouTube fanbase will always have content and can support like they always have. 

Fast forward to this past week. DSPGaming is dropped and can no longer make money, Phil is upset about it but says content will still come to YouTube and his channels will just be archives for those that are unable to catch the stream. Perfect! Then just the other day he finds out KOGaming makes next to no money when he uploads new content. In my head,  i don't see where the surprise was because I thought everyone knew Phils money comes from the backlog of content on DSPGaming. I also didn't think much of it because DSP has been complaining and wanting off of YouTube for years now, he's in a great position to switch to Twitch, and he will still upload to YouTube as an archival platform. Sounds good to me. 

Then this fucking alert video is uploaded. 

I wont get into all of it, but in a nutshell Phil is saying he thinks after 8 years of support we are taking his content for granted,  and if he doesn't get enough support he will stop uploading on YouTube altogether. 

What?!? 

Dude you got what you wanted, you wanted off YouTube,  you're now off YouTube. Granted probably not at the conditions you would of liked,  but your Twitch is blowing up and you're in the best position to switch. Why did you flip on turning YouTube into an archive for your new content? And what in the hell makes you think your YouTube fans are taking your content for granted? As a YouTube only viewer, I am highly offended that you think I owe you anything more than turning off my adblock when I watch your content. I don't believe in giving YouTubers and streamers money,  its just not my thing when that liquid money can go into my family. So me and several other people are going to be punished because we can't come up with x amount of dollars and can't watch your content? Bullshit. 

Last thing because this is getting too long, one of the reasons why you said you won't be able to do Twitch and YouTube anymore because its "too much work".  Now you tell me how uploading 2 videos to KOGaming is to much work when you been uploading 30-40 videos a day FOR YEARS!!!!! 

So, I'll end with this. Like the guy above me I'll catch the tiydps and detractor videos because that's the only way I'll be able to watch your content. I work when you are streaming. Or who knows I might not even watch your content anymore after that video. Giving me and the rest of the YouTube only viewers an ultimatum because you believe we are taking your content for granted??  The audacity and the nerve of that statement is off the charts and even though to date only 20 or 30 people responded to that video on Patreon,  I can't believe that many people came out of pocket when you pretty much spit in their faces.  

Remember the YouTube fans are the ones that help give you your lifestyle today, don't treat us like the culprit in the mismanagement of your money and career.  I hope you rethink your approach. 

Edited by IrritatingStick
  • Upvote 1

I would just like to point out that if you stop uploading the streams your Twitch won't increase. The Twitch stream is done by the time you start uploading and you already made your money. It's no effort at all to put it on YouTube. It's not like the YouTube videos are original content.

And even if you'd rather archive on Twitch that would be fine. But you said on Twitter that you won't even do that. This is nothing than extortion.

18 hours ago, Nich2440 said:

So he mentioned on Twitter that if he pulls the plug on YouTube and goes full Twitch that he won't even leave the streams up as a highlight. Is this for real? If I can't make the streams everyday I won't be able to catch up? What is even the reason for that? It'll only piss people off.

I would prefer Phil archives his streams to Twitch IF he can't get DSPGaming monetized again, I only watch his early streams, as I am in the land of nod for his later ones, I would be surprised if Phil goes ahead with that, it would be somewhat counter productive.

3 hours ago, Cervin said:

What I do not understand why he has turned off his comments,

Because it would be mostly nasty or and trollish comments if he left them on.

3 hours ago, Cervin said:

it would be possible to do some reaction videos. Reaction Videos would be Kickstarter reviews I think someone does that in twitch that would be something special for phil.

He will be doing a reaction marathon to his own videos nominated by Patrons later this year.

I have to applaud Phil taking a stand against the powers that be at Youtube. If THIS is how they treat one of the original Lets Players, to hell with them. It's forward thinking to abandon them, and push forward. I hope Phil just sticks everything on Twitch and goes over to the new Amazon video service. The fans should stick by him, thats supply and demand 101!

If other vloggers did the same, YT would have to change their attitude to the people that made them money. Not everyone has that integrity that Phil has.

Edited by Amityville

@phil can you at least confirm whether or not the streams will be left as a highlight on Twitch if you abandon YouTube? I at least want the content to be available somewhere.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Nich2440 said:

@phil can you at least confirm whether or not the streams will be left as a highlight on Twitch if you abandon YouTube? I at least want the content to be available somewhere.

Pretty sure it would be. 

On 7/29/2018 at 7:00 PM, Amityville said:

I have to applaud Phil taking a stand against the powers that be at Youtube. If THIS is how they treat one of the original Lets Players, to hell with them. It's forward thinking to abandon them, and push forward. I hope Phil just sticks everything on Twitch and goes over to the new Amazon video service. The fans should stick by him, thats supply and demand 101!

If other vloggers did the same, YT would have to change their attitude to the people that made them money. Not everyone has that integrity that Phil has.

But I do wonder if “taking a stand” has prompted some of this stuff. I think perhaps YouTube could be taking a retaliatory approach to the criticism. 

On 7/29/2018 at 6:00 PM, Amityville said:

I have to applaud Phil taking a stand against the powers that be at Youtube. If THIS is how they treat one of the original Lets Players, to hell with them. It's forward thinking to abandon them, and push forward.

Not everyone has that integrity that Phil has.

LOL are you joking? YouTube kicked Phil off,  Phil didn't kick YouTube. Phil is one of the originators of making let's plays big but if you violate the terms of service its fair he gets treated like everyone else. Integrity? Telling his long time fans if we don't open our wallets and pay him he's going to take his videos off of YouTube is integrity? Not to mention after saying he was going to use YouTube as an archive for free? Okay.  

That's like saying a kid that takes his ball and goes home has integrity. 

23 hours ago, Nich2440 said:

Not according to this.

By issues he is meaning giving the trolls content, but doesn't he understand he gives them content when he spins things, says some utter bullshit, and lies? Dude its gotten to the point where Phil's drama is so frequent, they restream and record while he streams every single day. Deleting his Twitch streams fast isn't going to stop anything when every day some fuckery happens. 

3 hours ago, IrritatingStick said:

By issues he is meaning giving the trolls content, but doesn't he understand he gives them content when he spins things, says some utter bullshit, and lies? Dude its gotten to the point where Phil's drama is so frequent, they restream and record while he streams every single day. Deleting his Twitch streams fast isn't going to stop anything when every day some fuckery happens. 

Wrong. They make the entertainment themselves by fabricating stories and convincing themselves its 100% real. We're supposed to believe a certain podcast had a person who used to know someone close to dsp and basically threw said person under the bus for no reason. Don't ever say Phil asked for drama

Edited by Amityville