The King of Hate Forums
Phil

Ask the King Ep. 72 - Sept. 20, 2018

Please post up your questions for the next episode of Ask the King here, and thanks!

What is the worst experience you ever had at an event, con, meetup, etc.? 

Any weird things happen to you or any fans that came up and was strange?

I have 2 questions

With youtube having the adpocalypse, algorithms that promote drama videos and gaming channels having to edit their lets plays and do weird and dumb challenges like dying their hair pink do you think content creators who want to do youtube videos the way they want will actually be able to grow?

For example i have been a youtuber since 2013 and i do my playthroughs in a similar style to you and in those 5 years I'm at 152 subs.

My second question is

Do you think more gaming youtubers will migrate to streaming sites like twitch or mixer?

2 hours ago, Icureditwithmybrain said:

Do pineapples belong on pizza?

Uh, dude, not trying to be rude, nasty or anything like that, but, what do you mean by that? 

12 minutes ago, MDCFAN101 said:

Uh, dude, not trying to be rude, nasty or anything like that, but, what do you mean by that? 

I know you were asking Brain, but there is a huge split on opinions about if pineapple, cut up into bite size chunks, should be on a pizza. Some people love it and other people hate it. I love it on pizza occasionally.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, GuessWhat said:

I know you were asking Brain, but there is a huge split on opinions about if pineapple, cut up into bite size chunks, should be on a pizza. Some people love it and other people hate it. I love it on pizza occasionally.

Thank you for explaining that to me. 

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, GuessWhat said:

No problem. 

As I said, I wasn't trying to be rude nor nasty.  I was just unsure on what he meant is all.

Hey Phil, I have a question that is slightly related to an answer that you gave on your previous Ask the King.  In that video you said that lots of people do things that they regret in the future.  Based on that, have you heard of Marvel firing James Gunn  for some tasteless comments he made on Twitter seven years ago, and if so do you agree with their decision?  I recommend you look it up if you haven't, it's been everywhere on the Internet.  

16 hours ago, JakCooperThePlumber said:

Hey Phil, I have a question that is slightly related to an answer that you gave on your previous Ask the King.  In that video you said that lots of people do things that they regret in the future.  Based on that, have you heard of Marvel firing James Gunn  for some tasteless comments he made on Twitter seven years ago, and if so do you agree with their decision?  I recommend you look it up if you haven't, it's been everywhere on the Internet.  

Usually, I would side against SJWs that attack people for dated tweets however, in James Gunn's case - he totally deserves it since he was okay to roast Rosanne Barr for her own dated politically incorrect tweets on twitter. Seems like James Gunn and his type can dish medicine out but can never take it themselves. EDIT - You know what they say - Karma's a bitch only if you are one.

Hi Phil, I am a content creator but not of the youtube/twitch sort.

I am a creator of webcomics. That entails writing and drawing stories of my own.

I have noticed that there's a great suppression of comic creators as much as I see that on youtube.

Any suggestions of how one might overcome or by-pass the stifling of visibility for indie creators like myself?

Edited by MiraiMisaki
add on context for James Gunn situation

Hey Phil, this isn't a question but just a bit of encouragement. I've enjoyed your content since you played spiderman back in 2008, I've seen every video you've ever posted and I love your content. I rarely leave comments and I almost never get to tune into the streams because of the time difference and my work schedule. I live on the East coast so the timing doesn't work most of the time. Despite that I do thank you for providing 10 years of amazing content, I'm a big supporter of you and what you do which is very appreciated during a time when the majority of people are trolls. Keep your chin up and keep up the good work!

On 8/25/2018 at 2:33 PM, TalentedAtLife said:

Why didn't you get a PS Slim? Judging by the recent pic you posted of your gaming setup, it might've taken up a bit less space.

I guess because PS Pro is 4K. Fair enough.

Forget that question then; I have another one: Don't know if you've answered this already, but do you prefer retro or modern gaming? Me personally, I prefer retro. But I'm curious to get your take on this.

Have you ever seen James Cameron's movie called Avatar? If you have seen it, did you like the movie?

Thanks for answering my questions and I hope things get better for you in the future.

• Like 1

I believe you explained at some point where you got the name "DarkSyde" from. To my understanding it was from some music band, and you thought that the name was appropriate and easy to say, or something of that sort. I'm not sure, so could you explain it one more time, and if it was from a music band, could you tell us specifically which one was, and the type of music they made or make?

• Upvote 1

On 8/16/2018 at 8:28 AM, MiraiMisaki said:

Usually, I would side against SJWs that attack people for dated tweets however, in James Gunn's case - he totally deserves it since he was okay to roast Rosanne Barr for her own dated politically incorrect tweets on twitter. Seems like James Gunn and his type can dish medicine out but can never take it themselves. EDIT - You know what they say - Karma's a bitch only if you are one.

Hi Phil, I am a content creator but not of the youtube/twitch sort.

I am a creator of webcomics. That entails writing and drawing stories of my own.

I have noticed that there's a great suppression of comic creators as much as I see that on youtube.

Any suggestions of how one might overcome or by-pass the stifling of visibility for indie creators like myself?

Well it only says more about you than anything else, there is nothing more that i hate in this world than hypocrites,  oh well he was totally on the other side of my political belief so he totally deserves it, no it only proves that the SJWs, which btw is a totally stupid word is impartial and doesn't side with human trashbags as the alt-right does, if being a decent human is called being an SJW then i'm proud to be called one then whatever the fuck you are .

40 minutes ago, JonSnow24 said:

Well it only says more about you than anything else, there is nothing more that i hate in this world than hypocrites,  oh well he was totally on the other side of my political belief so he totally deserves it, no it only proves that the SJWs, which btw is a totally stupid word is impartial and doesn't side with human trashbags as the alt-right does, if being a decent human is called being an SJW then i'm proud to be called one then whatever the fuck you are .

How about you sjw/alt right guys open a new thread to discuss it there instead here? Thanks.

Hi Phil

I was wondering what kind of weather do you like the most when working?

14 hours ago, JonSnow24 said:

He deserves it not because he's an SJW - he deserves it for treating OTHERS (SJW or not) with the treatment now he is having the pleasure of receiving.

Karma's a bitch - only if you are one.

Read properly and realise that I never said that he got what he got for being an SJW - he got karma because he did the same slanderous shit to others.

If this is a god in this world, it certainly seems like it when those dishing medicine out get their own medicinal dose of karma. :laugh:

Hey Phil. 

My name is Simon

I have 2 questions for you 

1. You did the Project 7 series a while back, did you ever think about converting it as a series for  YouTube Red? 

2. Did you know that you are doing this after my birthday? 

Thank you so much and keep making great videos 

Hey Phil. You once played Phoenix Wright and I think there is a chance that you'll play another one, because of Patreons choice, I think? So you are open to the possibility of playing puzzle games and such. My question is, will you be playing any Yu Gi Oh games? There is one in particular, the 'Duelist of the Roses', which is not only about a card game, but also plays with an actual field, like some type of Dungeons & Dragons and chess, so that you can pull a lot of sweet strategic moves. It is a classic retro game, relatively short, not extremely difficult but can be challenging, and definetly something new that you can complement with other action games in the meantime. Will you play it, and if not, why?

Edited by MoraMoria

Hey Phil! After the 10 years of you playing games for YouTube, Blip and Twitch. Did you ever get tired of playing video games? To where you felt sick of sitting down and playing games for 5 + hours? Thanks for the content Phil!