The King of Hate Forums
Phil

Ask the King Ep. 72 - Sept. 20, 2018

Hey phil, I have a 2 part question my questions are, Recently with battle royale games like fortnite or H1Z1 or Blackout etc, do you think these games will dominate the game market and stay really popular and successful,  eliminating games with good gameplay and story and replayability etc or fall off with time sort off the way Minecraft did. do you  just hope these types of games wont effect the special games in the future that could be in our hearts as classics.

Thanks for the years of entertainment Phil and keep up the great work. 

Hey Phil, have you ever played any tabletop RPGs like Dungeons and Dragons or Pathfinder? If so, do you have any stories you can share, or if not, is that something that you would consider trying as an IRL stream some time? Maybe a one-off session with some of your regulars. I see a lot of people trying it these days and I think your style would work really well with that kind of collaborative storytelling.

With technology advancing more and more, what types of things do you predict will be created, and what do you think we will be using in the future? For example, flying cars, populating another planet, etc

Since you haven’t really reviewed movies lately, what are some of the new movies you have watched recently, and what’s your favorite?

You have made your feelings known that you disliked FF8. My question is how far did you play into the game? Could you see yourself play it at a future date? I would love to have my favourite game ever played by my fav content creator. It of course has flaws but it's still a Squaresoft RPG. There are well known grinding exploits in the game on the islands of Heaven and Hell on disc 3, so no need to worry about it being too time consuming. The exploits are so busted you dont want to grind pre disc 3. I have mastered this game so could give you advice etc so you could have an easy quick run through and fully weigh in on whether you still dislike the game or not. When I'm in a better position financially i would even be willing to pay towards the inconvenience of having to play an Rpg on your channel when they dont do so well. Although i genuinely feel there would be a ton of interest in you playing FF8 Kupo! lol 8 yrs a fan.

With League of Legends still being around the Top 3 position of games streamed on Twitch in terms of viewer base after 8 seasons my question is how/why have you avoided playing thus far? Do you know what the game is, is it just not for you? Can you see yourself doing a one-off test stream of it ( a la Minecraft) where you simply go through the tutorial, if enough ppl show interest? 

Hi Phil as a long time viewer and fan I just don't get why you receive do much hate, why do these people keep on acting like little kids, thanks for looking at my question looking forward to many more years to come.

Hello Philip, big fan here. Will you be playing MW2 at all since it is now available to play on xbox one and plays well. I remember you playing it during the holiday season back when it first came out, those videos were fun to watch. Also would be cool if you did fan appreciation streams for games like bo4 and other multiplayer games with your trusted viewers. 

Edited by HolidayJunkie

What are some tips you would have for someone who has pests in their home? Someone in my family had someone over who had bed bugs and now their in my room. This may relate to your depression episode, but I'm having some, let's say not so good thoughts so what are some tips and how would you deal with having pests in your home if you ever do/did?

Hey Phil, my name is Andrew and i've been a fan since 2011. I try to get on stream as much as i can but due to my job i have to make it up watching it on youtube. I got 2 questions for you.

1. How is your back doing? I noticed there hasn't been a issue with it

2. Do you ever feel any nostalgia playing older games or games you've played before? It always does when i beat a game before

Thank you for 10 years of content Phil and hope for many more

This is teedubs in the chat, 

I have three questions.

1. What are your thoughts on this mini console craze that has been going on for the last few years?

I know sega dreamcast or saturn would get me hype because of how hard those game are to get in the modern era. I know some people are hyped about the NeoGeo classic that was announced recently. My question is

2. What mini console would get you hyped?

My last question is unrelated to the last two but I'm just curious.

3. When you would participate in street fighter tournaments how were that ran and if you had to host your own how would you run them?

Thanks see you in the stream....

-Teedubs 

Edited by Levelupgamer