The King of Hate Forums

Monetization restored to Youtube!

Congratulations Phil, I never completely ruled out that you would get DSPGaming back, I think you continue to survive and even prosper here and there, because of your determination, now that you have a bit more leeway, this is the time to really push your Twitch presence (which to be fair you have done a bit lately), you never know when Youtube is going to cause another crisis.

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, WOOF said:

Congratulations Phil, I never completely ruled out that you would get DSPGaming back, I think you continue to survive and even prosper here and there, because of your determination, now that you have a bit more leeway, this is the time to really push your Twitch presence (which to be fair you have done a bit lately), you never know when Youtube is going to cause another crisis.

True that. DSP is the most determined guy I know. Proof that no matter how bad it gets, a human can keep going and prevail.

1 hour ago, Nich2440 said:

What are you talking about? It's not fair to expect people to watch P5 on DSPGaming, switch to KOGaming for the rest, then switch back to DSPGaming for the ending.

Dspgaming is where 40k of vids are tho so it's a bit silly to think he should stick to KOGaming.

30 minutes ago, Amityville said:

Dspgaming is where 40k of vids are tho so it's a bit silly to think he should stick to KOGaming.

I didn't say he should upload to KOGaming. I said he should upload the videos that were on KOGaming the past two weeks to DSPGaming.

DSPGaming is now missing parts of playthroughs or brand new playthroughs.

Edited by Nich2440

I didn't say he should upload to KOGaming. I said he should upload the videos that were on KOGaming the past two weeks to DSPGaming.

DSPGaming is now missing parts of playthroughs or brand new playthroughs.

I get what you are saying, but I have a question. Should DSP remove the parts of existing playthroughs from KOgaming then put them on DSPgaming w/o ads or keep the ads. I don't think the YT will like it if he has duplicate videos up on two different channels with ads on them. In addition, those people are lazy as hell if that is too much of a hassle to go from one channel to another.

Edited by GuessWhat
  • Upvote 1
1 minute ago, GuessWhat said:

I get what you are saying, but I have a question. Should remove the parts of existing playthroughs from KOgaming then put them on DSPgaming w/o ads or keep the ads. I don't think the YT will like it if he has duplicate videos up on two different channels with ads on them. In addition, those people are lazy as hell if that is to much of a hassle to go from one channel to another.

Exactly man. Duplicate vids w monetization on two channels is probably dodgy to YT's sensitivity.

2 hours ago, Nich2440 said:

To some people it is. Having to jump between channels to finish a playthrough is a pain. Plus a newcomer will likely look at the P5 playlist and think he just skipped the endgame for no reason.

I wasn't trying to shutdown your suggestion just so you know. I just wanted to know how exactly he should do that.

10 minutes ago, Nich2440 said:

What do you mean how? You just reupload the videos before you upload the new stuff.

This is what I meant because it is more than just reuploading them. I don't want him to get into trouble with YT

1. Reupload those videos from KOgaming to DSPGaming while keeping those same videos on KOGaming and ads enabled. 

2. Reupload those videos from KOgaming to DSPgaming while keeping those same videos on KOGaming with ads disabled. 

3.  Reupload those videos from KOgaming to DSPgaming while removing those same videos on KOGaming with ads disabled on DSPgaming.

4. Reupload those videos from KOgaming to DSPgaming while removing those same videos on KOGaming with ads enabled on DSPgaming.

Why would he get in trouble for reuploading content from his own YouTube channel to his other YouTube channel?

Good point, I have no idea. However, knowing DSP's history there are other "elements" that could cause problems. On that note, which of the four methods do you agree with?

5 hours ago, crossfusion said:

Go to 8:12 of the video. This is why your adsense got shutdown, because you asked people to click on the ads which is against their terms of service.

Completely incorrect. That video was created in mid-2009, but my original Adsense was suspended in late 2010. If it were the issue, it would have been suspended MUCH earlier.

What really happened: I got a TON of ad click activity in a short period of time, causing YouTube's AUTOMATED system to flag my adsense account for suspected fraudulent/invalid clicking activity. And in reality, YES, people clicked on the ads on my old vlogging channel a ton for 2 months after I was laid off. Is that something I can control? Nope. But that was the shortcoming of Google's OLD Adsense program.

Since then, they've instituted an appeals process and HUMAN review for each and every account that's flagged for "invalid click activity."

Also, this has NOTHING WHATSOEVER to do with my Adsense on DSPGaming getting suspended, at all. Different account, nothing to tie a video from 2009 to the current channel 9 years later. Stop drinking the kool-aid of the moronic masses who just LOVE to blame everything on ME, and instead think for yourself. Would Google have LIFTED THE SUSPENSION if this were the case? NOPE. They realized they fucked up and fixed it.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1