The King of Hate Forums
Sign in to follow this  
ForumMember

PLEASE Use a Controller...

I just saw the Rage-A-Thon and don't understand why Phil uses a keyboard for games like I Wanna Be the Guy. He kept complaining about double jumping and general movement while trying to play an extremely difficulty platformer on a keyboard. If it's a FPS or similar game that a mouse and keyboard combo is warranted than fine, but is it just laziness that he refuses to use one?

His excuse of "I don't have PC controller" isn't valid as his PS4 controller is perfectly compatible with PCs.

Dude doesn't even play PC games, does he? He's using a keyboard because he doesn't know any better. Probably doesn't know about any of the controller emulation programs like DS4 and doesn't sound like any of his fans told him.

What do you expect.

18 hours ago, KGhaleon said:

Dude doesn't even play PC games, does he? He's using a keyboard because he doesn't know any better. Probably doesn't know about any of the controller emulation programs like DS4 and doesn't sound like any of his fans told him.

What do you expect.

yeah, i don't understand why Phil can't use Google for like 5 minutes

• Like 1

4 hours ago, LastRambo341 said:

One can easily plug an Xbox One controller (wired or wireless) 

Or an Xbox 360 controller.

Hell, even an original Xbox controller.

• Upvote 1

On 8/18/2018 at 9:38 PM, ForumMember said:

I just saw the Rage-A-Thon and don't understand why Phil uses a keyboard for games like I Wanna Be the Guy. He kept complaining about double jumping and general movement while trying to play an extremely difficulty platformer on a keyboard. If it's a FPS or similar game that a mouse and keyboard combo is warranted than fine, but is it just laziness that he refuses to use one?

His excuse of "I don't have PC controller" isn't valid as his PS4 controller is perfectly compatible with PCs.

Well, PC zealots are always going on about how superior their controls are. :tongue:

• Upvote 1

On 8/18/2018 at 4:07 PM, KGhaleon said:

What do you expect.

The Xbox One and PS4 controller are literally plug and play. He doesn't need to do research, so that's not really a valid excuse. Laziness would be more appropriate.

28 minutes ago, ForumMember said:

The Xbox One and PS4 controller are literally plug and play. He doesn't need to do research, so that's not really a valid excuse. Laziness would be more appropriate.

Pretty sure IWTBTG requires controller emulation. Besides you guys should've told him his console controllers would work with his PC, not exactly common knowledge.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, KGhaleon said:

Pretty sure IWTBTG requires controller emulation. Besides you guys should've told him his console controllers would work with his PC, not exactly common knowledge.

Agreed. I wouldn't expect they would work by just plugging them in anyway especially as his PC is older than most. 

7 hours ago, KGhaleon said:

if Phil doesn't like keyboard and mouse, why wouldn't he do something about it? like use Google?

On 8/20/2018 at 12:35 AM, KGhaleon said:

I just tested the game with a PC  and a PS4 controller (like the new model like Phil has) and can confirm it works fine with windows 10 (unless you want to use the D-pad) without any fiddling around. You just need to select "Joystick" under controls. I actually had more difficulty getting the damn game to run in full screen at 800 x 600 since it doesn't scaling when trying to resize the window at 1920 x 1080. The game has almost no options for customization.