The King of Hate Forums

How is Phil so good at fighting games?

Im really surprised by phils amazing aptitude at fighting games especially sfv and street fighter turbo, recently he came back to sfv and was destroying scrubs online. Now there was a few laggy games but it was obvious it was the connections fault and not phils, everybody gets those games sometimes. But when there no lag man is phil killing it! What do you guys think?:biggrin: #oneofthebestgamersinthecountry.

While I'm not good at fighting games myself, I can tell how really good of a fighting game player Phil is.  It's a shame he has to almost constantly deal with trollish, amateur scrubs.

Unfortunately, his P.O.S. trollish detractors can't see that cuz they're f*cking stupid, blind, and in they're own world. 

• Like 1

Phil's style is pretty simple where he uses basic fundamentals and mixes it up with a throw here or there. It's so basic that opponents don't expect it. Add some low sweep/kicks after a jump into the opponent and that is Phil's offense usually in a fighting game. 

I also think people sort of fuck around vs Phil knowing how infamous he is on the web and in the FGC even if DSP distances himself from them. They showboat more than they actually put up their A+ game. 

Edited by Blackspawn89

I cant say since I don't really know how one judges if one's a good fighter or not. 

But if Phil's life is proof of anything - talent doesn't mean it will be the thing that makes you succeed.

His SF skills is not the main reason why he's got such a following and at most - only served him at the start of his youtube career.

It's his humour and character that wins people over that explains why he now has a following on Twitch and managed

to maintain some kind of internet presence.

Phil's down-to-earth character is what appeals to me. Skill is secondary since if I can't relate to a high skilled gamer, I probably won't follow them 

the way I follow phil.

• Upvote 1
On 8/24/2018 at 8:53 AM, Blackspawn89 said:

They showboat more than they actually put up their A+ game. 

You are speculating that, right? How could we know for a fact that every single opponent that is aware of DSP does that? However, I think it would be a small percentage of that group, that play DSP in fighting games and know about him,  that actually showboats.

1 hour ago, GuessWhat said:

You are speculating that, right? How could we know for a fact that every single opponent that is aware of DSP does that? However, I think it would be a small percentage of that group, that play DSP in fighting games and know about him,  that actually showboats.

Showboating can come up and bite you in the ass.