The King of Hate Forums
Sign in to follow this  
8circuitsiddhist

Acer laptop vs desktop

Thank you all 

I am also a bit confused about the purpose of function of a feature of the purporting that this computer has "downgrade rights to Windows 7"

Windows 7 is Quite (!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) Outdated. Microsoft no longer offers support

thus, I am not quite sure of the value of a that allows such downgrade rights,even if it it is an excuse to not force Windows 10 (in all its privacy risking) upon me!

And thus, perhaps this store may effectively have been trying to sell me a lemon computer , instead of 

All I need is that any laptop doesn't lock up! My previous laptop did all the time because of its lemon.

However, is the price with tax ($494)worth of not?

Like to know if there is any way to save my old laptop, specifically it's monitor, or whether O can recover data without having repairman blank it like thieves!

Thankd

On 9/6/2018 at 1:27 AM, 8circuitsiddhist said:

Thank you all 

I am also a bit confused about the purpose of function of a feature of the purporting that this computer has "downgrade rights to Windows 7"

Windows 7 is Quite (!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) Outdated. Microsoft no longer offers support

thus, I am not quite sure of the value of a that allows such downgrade rights,even if it it is an excuse to not force Windows 10 (in all its privacy risking) upon me!

And thus, perhaps this store may effectively have been trying to sell me a lemon computer , instead of 

All I need is that any laptop doesn't lock up! My previous laptop did all the time because of its lemon.

However, is the price with tax ($494)worth of not?

Like to know if there is any way to save my old laptop, specifically it's monitor, or whether O can recover data without having repairman blank it like thieves!

Thankd

Hello.:smile:

Microsoft is continuing Win 7 support, until January 14th 2020.

The advantage that Win 7 has, is that most software literally

work nicely with it. Whereas, alot of software crash, give problems

and sometimes don't install properly, or work well on Win 10.

In my case, I plan on buying, a legit copy of Win 7 soon.:laugh:

Edited by musicboy
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, 8circuitsiddhist said:

Been away awhlevsorru @musicboy,

How arevyhings?

I'm going fine.:smile:

I'm actually new on this forum, so nice to meet you.:smile:

Edited by musicboy

If your laptop monitor is giving problems, you can use the VGA port on your laptop, to connect it to another one.

Plug the VGA cable into the laptops VGA port, and then connect the other end, to another monitor, or flat screen monitor.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1