The King of Hate Forums
Sign in to follow this  
LastRambo341

Your thoughts on the Halloween Horror Marathon

See my topic post Rant on DSP prematurely quitting/ending Silent Hill Shattered Memories, was very disappointed in Phil's biased attitude towards the game, he had clearly made his mind up on the game before playing it simply because it used a Wiimote, but what pi**ed me off more so was that Patrons had paid money to see this played, if Phil wants to quit non Patreon games then fine, but doing that to games people have paid to see even if it's just for 2 hours is out of order, Phil should play that for another 1 hour and a half for those who pledged for that marathon, the Twitch audience is important for Phil, but he shouldn't forget that the Patrons are too, which he clearly did for this game and by the way the game does get better as it goes on, so if you haven't played this game before, don't listen to Phil's opinion on this game, I do recommend getting the PS2 version which is what I played myself, the game is enjoyable

• Like 1

2 hours ago, WOOF said:

See my topic post Rant on DSP prematurely quitting/ending Silent Hill Shattered Memories, was very disappointed in Phil's biased attitude towards the game, he had clearly made his mind up on the game before playing it simply because it used a Wiimote, but what pi**ed me off more so was that Patrons had paid money to see this played, if Phil wants to quit non Patreon games then fine, but doing that to games people have paid to see even if it's just for 2 hours is out of order, Phil should play that for another 1 hour and a half for those who pledged for that marathon, the Twitch audience is important for Phil, but he shouldn't forget that the Patrons are too, which he clearly did for this game and by the way the game does get better as it goes on, so if you haven't played this game before, don't listen to Phil's opinion on this game, I do recommend getting the PS2 version which is what I played myself, the game is enjoyable

If the game blows that hard which Phil clearly thought then why keep playing, that's another 1 1/2 hours of him ranting about how the game sucks. Who would want to watch that?

10 minutes ago, ThatDogGuy said:

If the game blows that hard which Phil clearly thought then why keep playing, that's another 1 1/2 hours of him ranting about how the game sucks. Who would want to watch that?

Much love to you DogGuy, I know your gimmick is to defend Phil on everything he does, so bless you for that and regardless what I say you will keep doing that on this forum, so  whatever reply you give to me I take with a huge pinch of salt, but for anyone else on this forum who reads this topic, for those like myself who pledged to see Phil play this game or other games for that matter, Phil should respect what they have done to help him keep the house he has over his head and at least make an effort to play it properly, but in this case Phil was disrespectful towards those people, a sizable amount of his audience actually enjoy seeing Phil rant at the game, for example when Phil played I Wanna Be The Guy he was raging at that game, but he stuck at it for around 2 hours, his attempt at playing Shattered Memories yesterday was just utterly pathetic, like I said before PEOPLE PAID HIM TOO PLAY THAT, THIS WAS NOT A NON PATREON GAME EVENT WHERE PHIL CAN QUIT WHENEVER HE LIKES!!!, I have given Phil a pass on delaying playing Patreon games in the past, because he was having trouble paying his bills, but on this no way Jose.

• Upvote 2

40 minutes ago, ThatDogGuy said:

Agreed on this.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WOOF said:

Much love to you DogGuy, I know your gimmick is to defend Phil on everything he does, so bless you for that and regardless what I say you will keep doing that on this forum, so  whatever reply you give to me I take with a huge pinch of salt, but for anyone else on this forum who reads this topic, for those like myself who pledged to see Phil play this game or other games for that matter, Phil should respect what they have done to help him keep the house he has over his head and at least make an effort to play it properly, but in this case Phil was disrespectful towards those people, a sizable amount of his audience actually enjoy seeing Phil rant at the game, for example when Phil played I Wanna Be The Guy he was raging at that game, but he stuck at it for around 2 hours, his attempt at playing Shattered Memories yesterday was just utterly pathetic, like I said before PEOPLE PAID HIM TOO PLAY THAT, THIS WAS NOT A NON PATREON GAME EVENT WHERE PHIL CAN QUIT WHENEVER HE LIKES!!!, I have given Phil a pass on delaying playing Patreon games in the past, because he was having trouble paying his bills, but on this no way Jose.

This is not true at all. It's been mentioned I'm not the most objective poster here, so let me say I didn't like everything on the stream. 

I didn't know who Phil was supposed to be disguised as. 

5 hours ago, ThatDogGuy said:

This is not true at all. It's been mentioned I'm not the most objective poster here, so let me say I didn't like everything on the stream. 

I didn't know who Phil was supposed to be disguised as. 

Jim Ross.

Um, the marathon event was meant to be 4-5 games, with each game getting enough time to make a determination if it's good, and time to swap between stuff, plus the DSP Tries It premiere. As-is, with Silent Hill and The Conjuring House being duds, I finished exactly on time. I didn't "end early" with Silent Hill, I gave it a shot and determined it was crap. Sorry, the intro of the game is 30 boring-ass minutes with no explanation or anything of interest. Then the game throws you into motion control hell, and the motion controls weren't working, at all. So, what exactly did you expect? I was bored, the stream was bored, and we moved on.

Sorry it was the game you wanted to see, but it panned out to be crap. That's just life, man. You should have expected as such when the now-dated motion control gimmick was the highlight of the game.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I find it kinda funny that DSP dressed up as Bob Ross and I noticed during The Conjuring that the official Bob Ross stream was in my recommended channels. 

53 minutes ago, Phil said:

Um, the marathon event was meant to be 4-5 games, with each game getting enough time to make a determination if it's good, and time to swap between stuff, plus the DSP Tries It premiere. As-is, with Silent Hill and The Conjuring House being duds, I finished exactly on time. I didn't "end early" with Silent Hill, I gave it a shot and determined it was crap. Sorry, the intro of the game is 30 boring-ass minutes with no explanation or anything of interest. Then the game throws you into motion control hell, and the motion controls weren't working, at all. So, what exactly did you expect? I was bored, the stream was bored, and we moved on.

Sorry it was the game you wanted to see, but it panned out to be crap. That's just life, man. You should have expected as such when the now-dated motion control gimmick was the highlight of the game.

In past marathons you have raged at games but still played them for around 2 hours, for example I Wanna Be The Guy which you made little progress on, so saying that you are determining how long you play games based on how good they are doesn't hold water, also you should prioritized the patrons who paid money to see you play the game, not selfishly put your own opinion above all else, if it's not a patreon event then ok you can do that, but in this case you are not giving patrons value for their pledge and therefore don't deserve the money.

Silent Hill games typically have a slow story build, 30 minutes is not long enough to determine it was crap, I watched the stream myself and you were already complaining about the Wiimote before you even started playing the game, you could have at least given it a proper try, but you were determined to crap on it, you would have quit the game, you are just using the chat as an excuse, I've seen them say other games in the past have been boring, yet you have persisted with the game, so I call BS on that.

For someone who has financial issues you have an arrogant attitude, if you are desperate for money to pay your bills, you shouldn't saying things like "I was bored" f**k if you are bored, it should be about the people who pay you money to help you maintain your lifestyle and entertaining them not yourself and "That's just life" who the hell do you think you are to say that, although what Tut did to try and get the money back was wrong at the end, someone like him/her is not going to come along all the time to give you extra boost to your income, I don't agree with some of the tactics that parts of anti-dsp group have done to you in the past, but when you give a condescending reply like this, it's little wonder that this group exists, I will be cancelling my pledge ASAP and not renewing my Twitch subscription when it expires next, I will give my subscription to a much more deserving streamer than yourself and pledge money to people who are more grateful and don't take it for granted, unlike you who clearly has.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, D9Fred95 said:

I find it kinda funny that DSP dressed up as Bob Ross and I noticed during The Conjuring that the official Bob Ross stream was in my recommended channels. 

WTF? I noticed that too

That is funny, but not in magic synchronity funny

Thisi google Using Its algorythms too much, and becoeming a scumbag nwo company after being geniuses who pioneeer search enginge optimization for the world

15 hours ago, ThatDogGuy said:

As a Patreon I think you should understand. People paid to nominate the games Phil would play and Silent Hill made the cut. That was the deal. That's like paying to go to stand up comedy and then after 30 minutes the comedian says "I'm not actually enjoying doing this so I'm going to end the show here". You would want your money back wouldn't you? IMO 30 minutes is too early to drop a game because he didn't like it. I think he should have at least played it for an hour.

But anyways I have a question for @Phil how was Resident Evil? Hard mode is notorious for switching up enemy locations to surprise the player. Did you notice any differences from normal difficulty?

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, Nich2440 said:

But anyways I have a question for @Phil how was Resident Evil? Hard mode is notorious for switching up enemy locations to surprise the player. Did you notice any differences from normal difficulty?

I wanted to make that comparison, but sadly I found myself barely remembering the changes from original RE and this HD edition, which added tons of new puzzles, rooms and enemies. So I honestly have no idea! But the fact that I encountered 2-3 RED zombies in the first 90 minutes definitely meant the difficulty was amped up, and there was nearly no ammo anywhere at all.

I kinda felt bad that some money was wasted on games I thought would have been good, but almost immediately were boring It was also good examples on how not to design a game. The Resident Evil one was enjoyable, it had a good pace to it. I could have watched a couple hours of that.

Should done co-op with kat so she doesnt have to sit doing nothing. But i guess it aint happening now. Play at least 2 hrs per game next time bcos 1 hr is too little and left ppl hanging. All that money, voting and waiting for a month just to play 1 hr.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MrPapaveraceae said:

I kinda felt bad that some money was wasted on games I thought would have been good, but almost immediately were boring It was also good examples on how not to design a game. The Resident Evil one was enjoyable, it had a good pace to it. I could have watched a couple hours of that.

Don't always take Phil's word as the truth, play the games yourself before deciding how you feel about the game.

3 hours ago, Cappuccino said:

Should done co-op with kat so she doesnt have to sit doing nothing. But i guess it aint happening now. Play at least 2 hrs per game next time bcos 1 hr is too little and left ppl hanging. All that money, voting and waiting for a month just to play 1 hr.

In some cases not even an hour.

Edited by WOOF
a
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, WOOF said:

Don't always take Phil's word as gospel, play the games yourself before deciding how you feel about the game.

In some cases not even an hour.

I like to see Phil having fun rather than ranting about how the game sucks, so worked fine for me.

15 hours ago, WOOF said:

In past marathons you have raged at games but still played them for around 2 hours, for example I Wanna Be The Guy which you made little progress on, so saying that you are determining how long you play games based on how good they are doesn't hold water, also you should prioritized the patrons who paid money to see you play the game, not selfishly put your own opinion above all else, if it's not a patreon event then ok you can do that, but in this case you are not giving patrons value for their pledge and therefore don't deserve the money.

Silent Hill games typically have a slow story build, 30 minutes is not long enough to determine it was crap, I watched the stream myself and you were already complaining about the Wiimote before you even started playing the game, you could have at least given it a proper try, but you were determined to crap on it, you would have quit the game, you are just using the chat as an excuse, I've seen them say other games in the past have been boring, yet you have persisted with the game, so I call BS on that.

For someone who has financial issues you have an arrogant attitude, if you are desperate for money to pay your bills, you shouldn't saying things like "I was bored" f**k if you are bored, it should be about the people who pay you money to help you maintain your lifestyle and entertaining them not yourself and "That's just life" who the hell do you think you are to say that, although what Tut did to try and get the money back was wrong at the end, someone like him/her is not going to come along all the time to give you extra boost to your income, I don't agree with some of the tactics that parts of anti-dsp group have done to you in the past, but when you give a condescending reply like this, it's little wonder that this group exists, I will be cancelling my pledge ASAP and not renewing my Twitch subscription when it expires next, I will give my subscription to a much more deserving streamer than yourself and pledge money to people who are more grateful and don't take it for granted, unlike you who clearly has.

Well, what you do with your money is your business. 

On 11/1/2018 at 9:33 PM, Phil said:

I wanted to make that comparison, but sadly I found myself barely remembering the changes from original RE and this HD edition, which added tons of new puzzles, rooms and enemies. So I honestly have no idea! But the fact that I encountered 2-3 RED zombies in the first 90 minutes definitely meant the difficulty was amped up, and there was nearly no ammo anywhere at all.

I remember that in the balcony room on the second floor (The one with the statue with the blue gem) they put in a second zombie. I thought I could trick the first zombie by going around the balcony like normally and ran right into the second one. Then they boxed me in and destroyed me.

They did the same thing in Resident Evil 7. On Madhouse they spawn Jack in the hallways before you're supposed to trigger him in the bathroom and they spawn some monsters that are supposed to appear at the end of the game right at the start. It's scary shit because you never know when the next change is going to be.

But in both games they give up halfway through. The second half of the games are completely identical to normal which is lame.

I know the feeling WOOF! Last year Manhunt not only got a spot for the 2017 Halloween marathon but it got the highest vote by 5 more than the other games! Sadly, it was the least if not 2nd least played game of the marathon, I was absolutely pissed and even got banned from the stream chat for 10 minutes voicing my anger not too long after getting shit on because I backed Danganronpa 2 to be played. It sucks honestly, the voting has absolutely zero barring on these marathons. The game can overwhelmingly get more votes than other games but that doesn't mean anything. Phil at least said Manhunt wasn't his type of game but it sucked to see him read stream chat while tentatively waiting to make a move to execute antagonists all the while saying the game is way too slow paced for his liking and that the game is outdated in comparison to Ass. Creed. You needed to use sounds that you create to your advantage and be aggressive in getting stealth kills and this had been mentioned throughout the night but alas. 

The first place vote getter as a reward SHOULD be the most played game of the bunch. I was shocked Phil went with 5 games honestly, should have picked between Dead by Daylight, RE: Hard and Conjuring House and went with a 3 game marathon or have Saw II and SH: Shattered Memories both in the poll to gauge interest and should have gone with a 3 hour for 1st place, 2 hours for both 2nd and 3rd place and have a 7 hour or so marathon just like that. 

All the polls mean is just to get the game played but it is out of the patron's control for how long a game is played. If a game is voted among the highest possible, it should get top priority.  But Phil will end a game early if he isn't liking it which is absolutely frustrating for someone who spends their money to bang on the desk for a game to be played. 

As it is, there's hardly an incentive to want to support DSP in patron when there are other ways in doing such, it's a very flawed system especially if the patron vote doesn't mean much when twitch chat can give Phil a gauge on if a game is boring or not(Phil ending A top 2 vote getter God Hand after just 1 hour with the game despite him having fun with it when he was miserable playing SF V and Scarface the same day all because a moderator/big tipper was bored to tears was frustrating and soured me on the Rage-A-Thon). These marathons need an overhaul because outside of the patron's choice, there isn't any reason to support the Patron page with 5 dollars or less.

On 11/2/2018 at 4:38 AM, Cappuccino said:

I voted for Zombies ate my Neighbors Co-Op for this alone but I guess the game is too old or ancient for the fanbase. Should have been backed by other people, not necessarily on Phil for this one. 

Edited by Blackspawn89

Honestly the marathon format doesn't work. 1 hour is not enough for games meant to be a playthrough. It hinges on the chance that Phil will go back to them. However in most cases he only goes back to them at a future marathons for one more hour per game.

Instead these events should be one stream per game at the end of the week.

• Upvote 2

Is there any game he actually went back to play a full playthru from a marathon? I dont think persona3 is from a marathon. Oh and it technically isnt a full pt lol.

Edited by Cappuccino

1 hour ago, Cappuccino said:

Is there any game he actually went back to play a full playthru from a marathon? I dont think persona3 is from a marathon. Oh and it technically isnt a full pt lol.

I think Night in the Woods .

On ‎11‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 10:54 AM, WOOF said:

Same here, I have a feeling that the self-entitled chat stream influence Phil's decisions when the majority of them probably did not even pay for the marathon.

Judging a game as a whole based on the first 30 minutes is not enough and when I played the game, I faced no issues with the motion controls. Phil does not like motion controls, so that probably influenced his judgment prematurely. As for them not working, I would have to see Phil's Wii/Sensor bar setup