The King of Hate Forums
Sign in to follow this  
LastRambo341

Your thoughts on the Halloween Horror Marathon

13 hours ago, LastRambo341 said:

Same here, I have a feeling that the self-entitled chat stream influence Phil's decisions when the majority of them probably did not even pay for the marathon.

Judging a game as a whole based on the first 30 minutes is not enough and when I played the game, I faced no issues with the motion controls. Phil does not like motion controls, so that probably influenced his judgment prematurely. As for them not working, I would have to see Phil's Wii/Sensor bar setup

Patrons did NOT pay for the marathon, Twitch subs did. That is what my goals are now based off of, THIS ENTIRE YEAR up to now. So saying "they didn't pay for the marathon" is incredibly incorrect.

I was playing the game with Kat next to me on the couch, in a crowded office. So, of COURSE the motion controls didn't work. Motion controls NEVER WORK unless you have a ridiculously unrealistic amount of open space between you, the sensor bar and the TV, as evidenced by the Wii, Kinect AND PS Move. That's why they're 100% dead after about a 5+ year run as a major gimmick. If you didn't have issues, you probably had a much better setup than I did.

I had no idea that Shattered Memories on the Wii used motion controls, and in reality I probably wouldn't have bought the game if I knew you couldn't just use a normal control scheme.

1 hour ago, Phil said:

Patrons did NOT pay for the marathon, Twitch subs did. That is what my goals are now based off of, THIS ENTIRE YEAR up to now. So saying "they didn't pay for the marathon" is incredibly incorrect.

Twitch Subs pay for the marathon. Patreons pay for the games. So it's both.

2 hours ago, Phil said:

Patrons did NOT pay for the marathon, Twitch subs did.

I think, in a way, the patrons did pay for the marathon. They did pick the games after all, so what would it have been without them?

2 hours ago, Phil said:

I had no idea that Shattered Memories on the Wii used motion controls, and in reality I probably wouldn't have bought the game if I knew you couldn't just use a normal control scheme.

This could be solved by simply researching games before you just okay them.

34 minutes ago, Nariaki said:

I think, in a way, the patrons did pay for the marathon. They did pick the games after all, so what would it have been without them?

This could be solved by simply researching games before you just okay them.

That's not Phil's issue. You guys voted for them so you have to agree he had to play them which he did. He didn't state how long he agreed to play them for so you kinda gave him the OK.

I would also like to point out that Shattered Memories was never in the poll. Phil automatically included it in the marathon because he would need to order it ahead of time.

The biggest problem with this marathon and any other marathon Phil does is that he chooses games (or the patrons but whatever, it’s ultimately Phil’s decision) that cannot objectively be enjoyed in just an hour. Should honestly choose quick games that can be showed an enjoyed in just an hour. Playing Silent Hill, Resident Evil, etc. games, games that don’t start to ramp up and become enjoyable until a few hours in, makes no sense. Honestly, you should just play stupid jump scare tripe like FNAF and just trash it and laugh at how bad it is. Just my two cents.

14 hours ago, Nich2440 said:

I would also like to point out that Shattered Memories was never in the poll. Phil automatically included it in the marathon because he would need to order it ahead of time.

It was nominated a bunch of times and would have been in the poll, and had been in previous polls as well, but I never was able to play it bc I had to physically order it early. Chances are it would have made it into the marathon anyway.

6 minutes ago, Amityville said:

Halloween was ages ago now, why you still going on about it lol.

Yup, people just like to beat the dead horse. Thread closed.

• Like 1