Jump to content
The King of Hate Forums
Amityville

Thanksgiving message from Phil - support

Recommended Posts

I had no idea things were this bad. The abuse you've been getting recently NEEDS TO STOP. Cyberbullying is a huge topic today and its criminal its allowed by so many people online.

I offer you my sympathies and would ask the community to pull together. Therefore after Black Friday I will become a Patreon to support your cause.

This thread should act as an action plan of what the community can do to support Phil's wellbeing.

The abuse NEEDS TO STOP.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Phil's overthinking things. One day off a week is not helping his well being. He needs to figure out how to make more money with less streams so he can have the evening to himself.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Bigger5000 said:

So needs 16k plus whatever he pays for bills and you want him to stream less. How in the world does that make any sense at all? 

Maybe he meant getting a part time job or something else to do on the side.

Maybe doing some game testing from home or something. He is great at finding bugs in games eg. Max Payne 3. If I was a dev I would hire him an hour a day from home to report them.

Edited by Amityville
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He should get a part time job. Lets see he streams for maybe 5 hours, takes maybe an hour to throw the videos up, 8 hours to sleep. Still 10 hours in the day. A part time job takes up 6 - 8 hours for couple days out the week. Could easily get that $16,000 in 6 months. Just have to work to get it. I just know Phil's mindset. Why put in the time, effort, and work to get a side job when you can do nothing and hope the fans bail you out like they always have. Its just being spoiled at this point.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, ThatDogGuy said:

The part time job thing is just nuts. Stop suggesting stuff you know won't fit in with the streaming. 

Why it wouldnt? Most the people streaming have jobs. Saying it "wont fit" and chosing not to do it are two different things.

Edited by TubeLube
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Amityville said:

Maybe he meant getting a part time job or something else to do on the side.

Maybe doing some game testing from home or something. He is great at finding bugs in games eg. Max Payne 3. If I was a dev I would hire him an hour a day from home to report them.

What I meant was that he streams less if people donate more. And I said that because you mentioned his wellbeing.

A part time job won't work because he makes way more streaming then he would at a part time job and a job would cut into stream time.

Oh and you have no idea how boring and draining game testing is.

1 hour ago, TubeLube said:

He should get a part time job. Lets see he streams for maybe 5 hours, takes maybe an hour to throw the videos up, 8 hours to sleep. Still 10 hours in the day. A part time job takes up 6 - 8 hours for couple days out the week. Could easily get that $16,000 in 6 months. Just have to work to get it. I just know Phil's mindset. Why put in the time, effort, and work to get a side job when you can do nothing and hope the fans bail you out like they always have. Its just being spoiled at this point.

He streams from 11AM to 10PM with an hour and half break for dinner. He does two streams a day.

Edited by Nich2440

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Nich2440 said:

What I meant was that he streams less if people donate more. And I said that because you mentioned his wellbeing.

A part time job won't work because he makes way more streaming then he would at a part time job and a job would cut into stream time.

He streams from 11AM to 10PM with an hour and half break for dinner. He does two streams a day.

It doesnt matter if hes making "way more", im so tired of hearing that excuse. If hes making way more then why is he always broke and need $16,000? A. Because he's living beyond his means and B. He doesnt want to do anything about it but pray for a miracle.

I dont know how you see him stream 11 hours a day. He streams 3 hours 1st stream with 2 or 3 15 min breaks and then 2 hours late stream with a break or 2. His streaming schedule is fucked to begin with. Find out when the peak streaming attendence is for Twitch, im sure that information is out there, and stream 5-6 hours around that time. Upload the videos, eat, sleep, shower, whatever and he has a good 10 hours to do things. 10 whole hours that wouldnt cut into the amount of time he already streams. This is basic adult time management im talking here, most adults have to do this to get the most out of their day. Will he be tired some days? Yeah, its called being an adult, shouldnt of over extended his financial capabilities.

I dont even know why we are even wasting our finger strength. We already know whats going to happen. Phil is going to put on a couple more "State of the Streams" to squeeze out as much as he can from fans to pay this balance while doing absolutely nothing to change himself. Hes just going to continue to binge watch Netflix for 5 - 6 hours every night and say he doesnt have time for anything.

Edited by TubeLube

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, TubeLube said:

It doesnt matter if hes making "way more", im so tired of hearing that excuse. If hes making way more then why is he always broke and need $16,000? A. Because he's living beyond his means and B. He doesnt want to do anything about it but pray for a miracle.

I dont know how you see him stream 11 hours a day. He streams 3 hours 1st stream with 2 or 3 15 min breaks and then 2 hours late stream with a break or 2. His streaming schedule is fucked to begin with. Find out when the peak streaming attendence is for Twitch, im sure that information is out there, and stream 5-6 hours around that time. Upload the videos, eat, sleep, shower, whatever and he has a good 10 hours to do things. 10 whole hours that wouldnt cut into the amount of time he already streams. This is basic adult time management im talking here, most adults have to do this to get the most out of their day. Will he be tired some days? Yeah, its called being an adult, shouldnt of over extended his financial capabilities.

I dont even know why we are even wasting our finger strength. We already know whats going to happen. Phil is going to put on a couple more "State of the Streams" to squeeze out as much as he can from fans to pay this balance while doing absolutely nothing to change himself. Hes just going to continue to binge watch Netflix for 5 - 6 hours every night and say he doesnt have time for anything.

That isn't true in the slightest. His first stream is from 11:30-5 and his second is 6:30-10. That's 10 hours of work if you count the setup and uploading.

Now according to your logic if you're working 10 hours a day and make $150 a day but you still need more money your solution would be to get a second job where you make $100 a day but it will cut into the hours of your first job.

Unless he can get a job with a great salary there's no point. Either that or he has to find a way to get people who donate on second stream to instead do so on first stream.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Nich2440 said:

That isn't true in the slightest. His first stream is from 11:30-5 and his second is 6:30-10. That's 10 hours of work if you count the setup and uploading.

Now according to your logic if you're working 10 hours a day and make $150 a day but you still need more money your solution would be to get a second job where you make $100 a day but it will cut into the hours of your first job.

Unless he can get a job with a great salary there's no point. Either that or he has to find a way to get people who donate on second stream to instead do so on first stream.

Okay none of what you said was true but whatever, I dont care. So does Phil have your financial support since you're saying he should change nothing?

Edited by TubeLube

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Phil's mistake was not networking himself whether in podcasts or working with the likes of Tolomeo for say Monster Hunter World. Refusing to do NiOh redemption run when people have asked for it every now and then seems odd to me given these Soulsborne titles always get Phil good views and participation. 

Why not do 12 hour streams for example and spicen it up a little? 

51 minutes ago, Nich2440 said:

That isn't true in the slightest. His first stream is from 11:30-5 and his second is 6:30-10. That's 10 hours of work if you count the setup and uploading.

Now according to your logic if you're working 10 hours a day and make $150 a day but you still need more money your solution would be to get a second job where you make $100 a day but it will cut into the hours of your first job.

Unless he can get a job with a great salary there's no point. Either that or he has to find a way to get people who donate on second stream to instead do so on first stream.

You are counting his prestreams that last for about an hour and are regurgitating the same information just about every day. Usually the game portion starts from 2PM EST and lasts until 7PM EST for first stream and second stream goes from 10 PM EST and runs until either 12AM EST or 1AM EST depending on how Phil feels. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Blackspawn89 said:

Phil's mistake was not networking himself whether in podcasts or working with the likes of Tolomeo for say Monster Hunter World. Refusing to do NiOh redemption run when people have asked for it every now and then seems odd to me given these Soulsborne titles always get Phil good views and participation. 

Why not do 12 hour streams for example and spicen it up a little? 

You are counting his prestreams that last for about an hour and are regurgitating the same information just about every day. Usually the game portion starts from 2PM EST and lasts until 7PM EST for first stream and second stream goes from 10 PM EST and runs until either 12AM EST or 1AM EST depending on how Phil feels. 

 

 

Correct. But the topic that's being discussed is the time that would be needed to work a new job. Setting up the stream an uploading counts.

1 hour ago, TubeLube said:

Okay none of what you said was true but whatever, I dont care. So does Phil have your financial support since you're saying he should change nothing?

It is true. Look it up. Go onto his Twitter tonight and look at the time his going live tweet was posted and compare it to his stream is over tweet. Do the same for the night stream. Literally 1 minute of research will prove you wrong.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, TubeLube said:

He should get a part time job. Lets see he streams for maybe 5 hours, takes maybe an hour to throw the videos up, 8 hours to sleep. Still 10 hours in the day. A part time job takes up 6 - 8 hours for couple days out the week. Could easily get that $16,000 in 6 months. Just have to work to get it. I just know Phil's mindset. Why put in the time, effort, and work to get a side job when you can do nothing and hope the fans bail you out like they always have. Its just being spoiled at this point.

Is that actually true? He could easily get $16,000 in 6 months, for a part time job, (While having into consideration that it is late November)? I haven't done the proper research, but I think you're being too optimistic with that.

2 hours ago, Blackspawn89 said:

Why not do 12 hour streams for example and spicen it up a little?

 

I agree. He should do more hours for streams and have more of a variety of games. Maybe playing the same game for several hours can be exhausting, for both the streamer and the viewers. If he adds a little more of a variety, different audiences may show up more regularly, and he'd actually be more active and energetic, since it's not the same thing over and over. And I've seen Phil playing games in a 'bad' mood and a 'good' mood, you can really tell the difference.

Edited by MoraMoria
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Nich2440 said:

It is true. Look it up. Go onto his Twitter tonight and look at the time his going live tweet was posted and compare it to his stream is over tweet. Do the same for the night stream. Literally 1 minute of research will prove you wrong.

You're too busy trying to be right and win an argument over the internet. I'll say it again. I dont care about the precise amount of time he streams. Obviously its not enough to cover his lifestyle. My question to you was will you financially support Phil since you are essentially telling him to do nothing and wait for the fans to take on his financial burdens?

3 hours ago, MoraMoria said:

Is that actually true? He could easily get $16,000 in 6 months, for a part time job, (While having into consideration that it is late November)? I haven't done the proper research, but I think you're being too optimistic with that..

Oh no doubt im being super optimistic. Miminum wage out ther is almost $12.00 and even at that amount and working 30 hour weeks he would only breach about 9 grand. But its something. I dont know man, I was just raised differently and I know how to hunker down and get things done. Sell things im not using, work overtime, anything but ask for a handout.

Edited by TubeLube
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To raise $16000 he'd need to earn $4000 extra in the next 4 months. With minimum wage that would require 80 hours a week plus the 10 hours he puts into streaming every day. What you're suggesting makes no sense.

Besides I stand by my point. If you have a choice between a job that pays $10 an hour and another that pays $15 an hour. Do you choose to do part time for both jobs or full time for the job that pays more?

Now as I said streaming is an exception as you get paid based on how many donations you get. Not necessarily how many hours you put in. But unless you can find a way for first streams to be more profitable getting a second job is pointless.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Nich2440 said:

To raise $16000 he'd need to earn $4000 extra in the next 4 months. With minimum wage that would require 80 hours a week plus the 10 hours he puts into streaming every day. What you're suggesting makes no sense.

Besides I stand by my point. If you have a choice between a job that pays $10 an hour and another that pays $15 an hour. Do you choose to do part time for both jobs or full time for the job that pays more?

Now as I said streaming is an exception as you get paid based on how many donations you get. Not necessarily how many hours you put in. But unless you can find a way for first streams to be more profitable getting a second job is pointless.

Still deflecting and not answering my question. Just say you're not gonna donate and you're on the "miracle bandwagon".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@TubeLube

@Nich2440

So what do you think is the first step for him to get out of this, and the most viable one? By getting more exposure to raise his viewerbase, (collaborating with someone), by changing his way of streaming games, (not looking so much at the chat, not getting important hints by the chat...), by selecting more of a variety of games, getting a job, selling stuff, changing Patreon perks, or maybe his schedule..?

[Also, I'd like to point out that he supposedly needs the money before April, if I'm not mistaken, and November is already over, so that is not 6 months, it's 4 like Nich said. I don't think is viable for him to get a job in this situation, unless of course they pay him well.]

Edited by MoraMoria

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, TubeLube said:

Still deflecting and not answering my question. Just say you're not gonna donate and you're on the "miracle bandwagon".

I agree with a lot of your points, but I just dont see him ever trying to get a part time job let a full=time job, he said before its hard work uploading and naming videos for YouTube so a 40 hour work week is impossible.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, MoraMoria said:

@TubeLube

@Nich2440

So what do you think is the first step for him to get out of this, and the most viable one? By getting more exposure to raise his viewerbase, (collaborating with someone), by changing his way of streaming games, (not looking so much at the chat, not getting important hints by the chat...), by selecting more of a variety of games, getting a job, selling stuff, changing Patreon perks, or maybe his schedule..?

[Also, I'd like to point out that he supposedly needs the money before April, if I'm not mistaken, and November is already over, so that is not 6 months, it's 4 like Nich said. I don't think is viable for him to get a job in this situation, unless of course they pay him well.]

The only way out of this is to sell his house. Plain and simple.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, MoraMoria said:

@TubeLube

@Nich2440

So what do you think is the first step for him to get out of this, and the most viable one? By getting more exposure to raise his viewerbase, (collaborating with someone), by changing his way of streaming games, (not looking so much at the chat, not getting important hints by the chat...), by selecting more of a variety of games, getting a job, selling stuff, changing Patreon perks, or maybe his schedule..?

[Also, I'd like to point out that he supposedly needs the money before April, if I'm not mistaken, and November is already over, so that is not 6 months, it's 4 like Nich said. I don't think is viable for him to get a job in this situation, unless of course they pay him well.]

Collaborate with a bigger streamer

(Hes not going to do because hes likes being the main show and afraid of other viewers not liking him and turn detractor)

Play games that viewers want to see without requiring a paywall or messed up poll where he just gets the "consensus of what people are thinking" and not actually follow the poll. Viewers want to see Nintendo games but refuses to play many just because he cant double dip with Youtube revenue on top of the tips and donations he will recieve.

Stop banning and blocking people in chat just because they dont 100% agree with him. VET HIS MODS BECAUSE SOME OF THEM ARE OUT OF CONTROL AND ON A POWER TRIP.

Sell things he doesnt use any more.

Stop taking so many days off.

Get a part time job if its viable.

Revamp his Patreon 

(Currently there is absolutely no reason to pledge because the rewards are meaningless)

Stop making excuses.

Stop being so toxic when he loses, doesnt understand something in the game.

Sell his house already.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Phil should be focusing on how to improve his content rather than asking for a “miracle”. Since he refuse to get rid of the burden that costs him 16k$ he needs to make himself sustainable. Asking for help is not.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×