The King of Hate Forums
Amityville

Thanksgiving message from Phil - support

32 minutes ago, Bigger5000 said:

So if he doesn’t get 16k...what’s the consequence? 

"If you file your taxes but don't pay them, the IRS will charge you a failure-to-pay penalty. The penalty is far less: Generally, the IRS will charge you 0.5 percent of your unpaid taxes for each month you don't pay, up to 25 percent. Interest also accrues on your unpaid taxes. The interest rate is equal to the federal short-term rate, plus 3 percent."

54 minutes ago, Cappuccino said:

Phil should be focusing on how to improve his content rather than asking for a “miracle”. Since he refuse to get rid of the burden that costs him 16k$ he needs to make himself sustainable. Asking for help is not.

But how is improving his content going to earn him 10 grand in such a short time? Right now he needs a strategy. Improving the content is what you do in the long term. But  I agree relying on donations to fix this is not the solution.

Revamp patreon goals, editing contents, trying out game genres new to him, new series, events thats not just background decoration (and also other shits ppl suggested here).

revamp patreon and new game genres probably the most easy to start with. If that doesnt work, get rid of the burden. (Car, 1k$/yr forums, house, attorney, statues, tv cables or wutever hes subbing to, 1 of the 2 internet cables, psVR, switch?, blah blah blah etc.)

I have to kinda agree that selling the house and moving is gonna be painful AF but for the future is gonna be better for Phil's wellbeing. Depression is a real killer. Phil is gonna be better without worrying about the bills every month if he has a place he can actually afford and owns 100%.

I had a painful few months with depression and can see how it affected me. But I had time to invest in treatment eg. Gyms and lift heavy fucking weights every day.to the point I couldn't fucking stand. Or just fall asleep as soon as I sat down. 

Edited by Amityville

@TubeLube

I agree with most of it, and it's only on Phil's hand to make a change or not.

But regarding the Patreon goals, how would you change them? I noticed that some perks are kind of meaningless, like the $10 one. It's basically like the $5 but with a couple of verbal "thank you" shout outs. He could start by changing this perk, at the very least for experimentation to see how it goes.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Nich2440 said:

12 hour streams? Really? Making money is important but so is mental health.

Once in a while it is fine and Phil can set it up to have the day off afterword to recover if necessary. You can do half. Multi-player and half single player that way. 

I think last year Phil didn't do the fan appreciation MP session if I am not mistaken. This would knock out two birds with one stone by mixing that up. 

He can blend in 1-2 hrs of Use Your Words or whatever Jack box Party Pack he likes to do. Why he hasn't done them yet seems crazy. 

2 hrs on Jack box Party Pack

2 hrs in Phoenix Wright(he will have to get to this, this can be a chill 2 hrs) 

2 hrs on Call of Duty Blackout

2 hrs Street Fighter V

3 hrs on the main playthrough Phil is doing 

With 1 hr time for break. You can sub in Smash Bros for Phoenix Wright to further push the multi-player. 

OR run DSPs annual WWE Sim stream idk. 

Edited by Blackspawn89

10 hours ago, Icureditwithmybrain said:

"If you file your taxes but don't pay them, the IRS will charge you a failure-to-pay penalty. The penalty is far less: Generally, the IRS will charge you 0.5 percent of your unpaid taxes for each month you don't pay, up to 25 percent. Interest also accrues on your unpaid taxes. The interest rate is equal to the federal short-term rate, plus 3 percent."

So at what point does the lose his house come into it? 

Edited by Bigger5000

6 hours ago, Blackspawn89 said:

Once in a while it is fine and Phil can set it up to have the day off afterword to recover if necessary. You can do half. Multi-player and half single player that way. 

I think last year Phil didn't do the fan appreciation MP session if I am not mistaken. This would knock out two birds with one stone by mixing that up. 

He can blend in 1-2 hrs of Use Your Words or whatever Jack box Party Pack he likes to do. Why he hasn't done them yet seems crazy. 

2 hrs on Jack box Party Pack

2 hrs in Phoenix Wright(he will have to get to this, this can be a chill 2 hrs) 

2 hrs on Call of Duty Blackout

2 hrs Street Fighter V

3 hrs on the main playthrough Phil is doing 

With 1 hr time for break. You can sub in Smash Bros for Phoenix Wright to further push the multi-player. 

OR run DSPs annual WWE Sim stream idk. 

I think he can do a 12 hour stream, those aren't too taxing on the body if you know how to take little breaks here and there. He said he wont do Jack box again ''because of the trolls'' which is becoming a meme in itself.

1 hour ago, ThatDogGuy said:

So.... where are we going to find the $16,000 dollars boss?

I mean he’s simply going to have to make more money I guess? That’s a good bit to make on top of his bills...hard to see it coming from the streams/YouTube. I’d still like to know the consequences aside from late penalties. I mean has the govt threatened garnishment of wages or mentioned his house?

Speaking of Jackbox games, some of them are discounted on Nintendo eshop at the moment due to Black friday. Sale ends in a day or two.

21 hours ago, Bigger5000 said:

I mean he’s simply going to have to make more money I guess? That’s a good bit to make on top of his bills...hard to see it coming from the streams/YouTube. I’d still like to know the consequences aside from late penalties. I mean has the govt threatened garnishment of wages or mentioned his house?

I wouldn't think so. The threats don't usually come until after the taxes are due.

3 hours ago, kon said:

It's painstakingly obvious when someone fucks up their punctuation on purpose. Just don't.

4 hours ago, kon said:

ive worked 23 days in a row to cover my bills one time. if hes that worried about losing his house and all his shit then surely he can work 7 days a week. 

and while we both say work, its not. doesnt do any manual labor and he cant work his mind hard enough to create an entertaining conversation/topic. probably why he constantly goes off and rants about dumbshit all the time. complaining is easy. getting paid to play video games, read short messages, and rant about things hes ranted about since the dawn of the time. it aint work 

Work is something you get paid to do which Phil does so... you're wrong.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, kon said:

doesnt matter if im wrong or right, his life is crashing down around him and he cant spare 7 days in a row once? 

dummies failing to see the big picture, like you always have and do 

That is a seperate issue. You made a statement that it wasn't work and Amityville proved you were in fact incorrect. Work isn't necessarily stuff you have to hate ya know. 

I just checked. His Patreon is now in the 500s. Revamping his Patreon (As well as advertising it in more videos besides prestreams) is an obvious first step.

26 minutes ago, Nich2440 said:

I just checked. His Patreon is now in the 500s. Revamping his Patreon (As well as advertising it in more videos besides prestreams) is an obvious first step.

I think revamping his Patreon and Twitch Sub rewards would be a good first step. It was never a good idea to have subs determine whether events happen then still have Patrons get the actual benefit from it.

4 minutes ago, Nariaki said:

I think revamping his Patreon and Twitch Sub rewards would be a good first step. It was never a good idea to have subs determine whether events happen then still have Patrons get the actual benefit from it.

I don't think that's the issue. The issue is that there are no Patreon goals at all meaning the content on YouTube stays the same.

53 minutes ago, Nich2440 said:

I don't think that's the issue. The issue is that there are no Patreon goals at all meaning the content on YouTube stays the same.

I think it's part of it. Having it set up like that kind of forces you to both sub to his twitch and pledge to his patreon to get the full benefits out of any given goal. A Patreon goal I don't necessarily think is necessary, but revamping the rewards very much is. The way he does Twitch now makes the majority of his Patreon rewards redundant. I can pay him $1 and get a text shout-out, verbal shout-out, and get a question answered. That's 3 patreon rewards for the price of one.

I also feel that, currently, the way he has things set up inadvertently forces people to give Phil twice as much money every month. If I want an event to happen I have sub to his twitch, but if I want to suggest what he plays in that event I have to pledge to his Patreon. They need to be more separate, in my opinion. But doing that without anyone feeling like they're missing out is really difficult.

I mean you don't have to to do both. You could just pledge on Patreon and let others sub on Twitch. Remember that when monthly goals were on Patreon if Phil didn't hit it the $5 Patreons got nothing for the month.